Will there be a 2021 season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GojiraCane

All ACC
Since it appears that we’re probably 72 hours from it all coming apart, I’ll jump the gun and ask about the following year.

What are the metrics for returning? No cases? A vaccine? A vaccine with X percentage of effectiveness? What do you all think?

And how many colleges will resume football regardless of 2021 conditions? We can pretty much guarantee that Colorado State, UConn and a few others will not be back due to financial conditions entering this season.

And if there is no 2021 season, how many teams will fold? I can picture a future where the remaining colleges abandon an in-house team and instead sponsor a minor league team in a revived XFL.

Advertisement
Fck that sucks because I’m dying for some football but ..... King with this recruiting class 👀👀👀

I would guess they want a vaccine which some say has a timeline of within the next few months. Doubt many people take it and might not even work for real but if it gets people out of this doom and gloom live in a cave mentality then I’m all for it.

Advertisement
I would guess they want a vaccine which some say has a timeline of within the next few months. Doubt many people take it and might not even work for real but if it gets people out of this doom and gloom live in a cave mentality then I’m all for it.
It will work or it will not be given. I am sure a lot of people won't take it but most people will. If Trump tells his cult members to take it, they will, if he tells them not to they won't

Advertisement
If college cancels - with the financial ramifications that are carried with it that likely lead to 25% of CFB abandoning their programs - I think the pressure then falls to MLB, NFL, and NHL to cancel their fall seasons as well. I think the NBA is the only sport that remains active, finishing this playoffs and then returning in the next March in a bubble for a season less 2021 playoffs.

What does this even mean?

It may be a great bumper sticker slogan but does it really have any merit?
That was my first reaction, but it means that those who want football don’t care about the virus, and are likely the ones going maskless or going to spring break parties or huge parties in the Hamptons...and thus are responsible for the initial spread.

Advertisement

I'd like to see someone demonstrate that college football fans are proportionally more likely to cause the spread of covid-19. I'm betting that's impossible to demonstrate. It's ridiculously easy to spout soundbites that cannot be subjected to the scientific method.

Just stay off twitter and you’ll see all these P5 teams still practicing.

Advertisement
Sorry bro can you speak up? I can’t hear you over that virtue signal

that’s all it is. And the answer is no, it doesn’t

It is just plain and simple stupid logic.

I bet you there are people who don't even know what football is who are spreading the disease at an equal rate of the numskulls being portrayed who want football no matter what.

Just so weird PFT would post something so dumb on social media. But hey it seems to be a trend these days.

If college cancels - with the financial ramifications that are carried with it that likely lead to 25% of CFB abandoning their programs - I think the pressure then falls to MLB, NFL, and NHL to cancel their fall seasons as well. I think the NBA is the only sport that remains active, finishing this playoffs and then returning in the next March in a bubble for a season less 2021 playoffs.
MLB is already up and running. Running in fits and starts, yes, but running. Why would they care what CFB does at this point?

What does this even mean?

It may be a great bumper sticker slogan but does it really have any merit?
I don't really want to rehash every virus debate and engage in conjecture about what we think should happen vs what actually will in the real world soooooo I'll just tell you how I interpreted it.

I think we'd probably agree that those likely to complain the loudest about no college football are people in the South and those of us in Florida and in Texas.

Do I think if the South and Florida/Texas had their **** together right now and over the last 2 months in relation to virus spread and deaths that the national feeling would be that we got that summer respite from the virus that everyone hoped for? Yes. (We'd also just be able to blame California's spike on purely liberal leadership or the protests.)

I think under that climate we'd at least be wayyyyyy more likely to at least start the season than facing none at all as the dominoes wobble more and more each day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back