Will there be a 2021 season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it’s the usual election year illness, yes well play in 2021. If not, who knows. For now, I’m expecting total Panic and chaos when flu season hits. Can you imagine the normal % of the population feverish and sneezing and coughing in a few months? Nobody will be able to go to work with a temperature and the country will shut down amid flu tests, COVID tests etc. Hope I’m wrong.

Advertisement
It's not about the visits, they wanna see us play in a real live game so they can be reassured that they're making the right choice in believing in what they're being sold.

And I'm not guessing, I'm saying from firsthand account, they want to see us play & that it would help solidify their commitment.
I'm presuming that the NCAA will give a one-year elevation to scholarship limits - everyone's eligibility is frozen and teams can still take the incoming allotment of 25 players. Otherwise there are going to be some very harsh decisions being made for each program - sacrificing veteran players or reducing the number of incoming players.

Who knows, but until they can pack the stands, I'm going by what I wrote earlier.

Butts in seats people. This is a big deal financially for schools.

The average attendance for the Power 5 conferences is 58,000 plus or minus 1k.

Let's just say that the average for one person for entry and spent on concessions is $100, which may be an absurdly lowball number.

That brings the take for a game to $5.8 million dollars per home game. Seven home games is $40.8 million. 8 home games is 46.6 million. That doesn't include any parking, donations that may have to be met to actually get tickets, etc.

No students at the game, that's a huge loss in revenue. I'm going to use 7 games here.

40.8 million, that they're used to getting with 7 home games. Gone with nobody in the stands.

30.45 million, that's gone if they allow 25 percent capacity.

20.4 million, that's gone if they allow 50 percent capacity and if we're practicing social distancing
I don't see how you could even attempt this.

Butts in seats people. If they can get it to business as usual or even up some percentage points, that's where the decision will come from. There's no guarantee the Spring we'll be in a better place, but there's hope that we will be. That hope is based on big dollar amounts and I truly believe that where the decision will come from. It's also my humble opinion on why the MAC kicked this all off.

That was my first reaction, but it means that those who want football don’t care about the virus, and are likely the ones going maskless or going to spring break parties or huge parties in the Hamptons...and thus are responsible for the initial spread.
Lol at this post. So anyone who wants football doesn’t care about Covid???
chappelle show lol GIF

Advertisement
Absolutely hilarious and depressing to go back through the many idiotic things said over the last year with the benefit of not only 20/20 hindsight, but knowing and calling them out as idiotic as they were said.
Your unwarranted insult to idiots world-wide is offensive and in poor taste.

COVID chicken littles/hystericals/muppets occupy a place of scorn and self-induced humiliation that is a whole new category. I'm sure some snarky term will emerge... "covidiots" doesn't even do it justice.

Absolutely hilarious and depressing to go back through the many idiotic things said over the last year with the benefit of not only 20/20 hindsight, but knowing and calling them out as idiotic as they were said.
Something tells me that you may not have done a full accounting of the manyyyyy idiotic things that were said on this front starting around March of last year and obviously continuing until now.

It's depressing but it's actually even more boring at this point.

Yay! We got a half-assed college football season in! THAT certainly negates all the SeASonAl fLu and hYDroXYchLOroQUiNe CIS "expertise" offered then by those trying to save face now. 570k dead kinda blunts attempts at revisionist history.

But like I said....booooooring.

Something tells me that you may not have done a full accounting of the manyyyyy idiotic things that were said on this front starting around March of last year and obviously continuing until now.

It's depressing but it's actually even more boring at this point.

Yay! We got a half-assed college football season in! THAT certainly negates all the SeASonAl fLu and hYDroXYchLOroQUiNe CIS "expertise" offered then by those trying to save face now. 570k dead kinda blunts attempts at revisionist history.

But like I said....booooooring.
And? The states with the least draconian restrictions have fared the best while the ones with the most restrictions have fared the worst.

Just FYI, I quoted your post because of the idiotic tweet that was quoted, not to come at you, bro. The fact of the matter is, this thing was politicized from the get go as though "if only the Neanderthals would follow the commands of the enlightened, everything would be swell and no one would have to get sick or die". Surely, by now, we all know and can agree that there was always and remains today very little that political edicts can do to change the course of a viral pandemic, and that protecting the most vulnerable is the responsible approach to take?

Last edited:
Advertisement
And? The states with the least draconian restrictions have fared the best while the ones with the most restrictions have fared the worst.

Just FYI, I quoted your post because of the idiotic tweet that was quoted, not to come at you, bro. The fact of the matter is, this thing was politicized from the get go as though "if only the Neanderthals would follow the commands of the enlightened, everything would be swell and no one would have to get sick or die". Surely, by now, we all know and can agree that there was always and remains today very little that political edicts can do to change the course of a viral pandemic, and that protecting the most vulnerable is the responsible approach to take?
Gotcha. I was confused because I didn't remember having any contentious exchanges with you about this and to be honest I probably would've ignored it if I had. So I was just (erroneously) wondering why you were coming at me to rehash this months later.

I actually don't want to debate any of this stuff any longer so I will absolutely just agree with your point about political edicts and them being beyond inefficacious. In today's America the moment something becomes political (or is perceived as such) it's dead in the water if it was intended to have overwhelming broad appeal and consumption.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back