Will there be a 2021 season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t even understand how this parroted narrative even makes sense.
He’s further proof the media is the enemy of the people. A bunch of self righteous needle ****s that want to always tell people they know best. Its quite remarkable the doubling and tripling down on these false narratives when they continue to take L and Trump trolls them after and keeps winning. Will this Nov. be a wake up call to the woke mobs or will we see the quadruple down?

Advertisement
It’s all political and the vast majority of colleges are liberal AF. Shalala would have already shut down the program if she were still around and you can take that to the bank. It’s a serious virus and contagious but the “science” is showing young healthy are able to pass it fairly easily. There will be exceptions yes but that comes with any risk. Just Bc they play football doesn’t mean they don’t have any better chance of getting it not playing. They’ll also be monitored daily during football. If my employer took the precautions and testing they will be doing not only me but the only their companies still working remote would be back.
Shalala certainly was and is liberal, but I’m not so certain she jumps the gun to shut down the program. She could have easily done so in 2006 and 2011 when the national media was calling for it, and she would have been applauded nationwide for having done so. In 2006 she refuted calls to kick players off the team and sacrifice them to media demands.

I would tend to think that we would likely be in a similar position today as with the current president.

Has nothing to do with flooding the streets with protests?
Look at the states with some of the largest protests, their numbers didn’t skyrocket like others. Pennsylvania New York Washington Oregon all stayed pretty level. States like Florida Texas Georgia California that reopened regular stuff too early had huge increases

Look at the states with some of the largest protests, their numbers didn’t skyrocket like others. Pennsylvania New York Washington Oregon all stayed pretty level. States like Florida Texas Georgia California that reopened regular stuff too early had huge increases
Except California opened later and Colorado opened early without a jump.

It's not that clear cut.

The thing I wonder is if New York achieved a form of herd immunity this spring after the mass infections. That perhaps the virus was more widespread - especially when you account for the fact that subways were not closed until May. So even with mass gatherings (in the form of political marches), because of that immunity there was little effect. Because you’re right - there has been no uptick in NY.

Meanwhile other states locked down AND did not have NY’s subway transit system, and thus did not have the virus spreading like in NY this spring. And now through a combination of reopening (TX, FL) and political marches (CA), these states are getting widespread exposure for the first time.

Advertisement
New York couldn’t spike cuz they had already been infected and died by that point. California has never really reopened and is getting nailed. FL and TX did exactly what was asked of them - flatten the curve. Not eliminate the disease. When lockdown lifted, the virus wasn’t going to disappear. It’s not that easy. And just on straight logic, if you’re telling me that drinking at an outside bar is more to blame for spreading a virus that is transmitted through the mouth than thousands of people gathered together screaming than I have a great deal on a bridge

Population of Colorado and the density compared to other states?
It has a higher population than Colorado.

My point that there are a lot of factors other than lockdown timing and duration which is all you mentioned in your original post. You just mentioned population density, which is another factor.

Advertisement
I seriously doubt that the communist party leadership in Wuhan cares about whether or not we have a football season.
Haha. Well played. I've established my massive issues with the way our leadership has handled this but still well played nonetheless.

I was almost hoping someone would've said Bill Gates has never even watched a college football game in his life but nobody took the bait.

Haha. Well played. I've established my massive issues with the way our leadership has handled this but still well played nonetheless.

I was almost hoping someone would've said Bill Gates has never even watched a college football game in his life but nobody took the bait.
Google, bro. He said he didn't go to a game as a student, but regrets it. His partner Paul Allen owned the Seahawks, so I'd expect that he got invited at least once.

Now Fauci...

For f#cks sake. Enough with the god**** politics. Jesus its like 3/4 of the posters on this site have a disease I'm dubbing RPTS — ****** Political Tourettes Syndrome.

Advertisement
For f#cks sake. Enough with the god**** politics. Jesus its like 3/4 of the posters on this site have a disease I'm dubbing RPTS — ****** Political Tourettes Syndrome.

For some...once you open the box, you can't close the box. For those, politics have taken place of religion or even team sports.

Get used to it. We got 4 1/2 more years of it 🤦🏻‍♂️

I would guess they want a vaccine which some say has a timeline of within the next few months. Doubt many people take it and might not even work for real but if it gets people out of this doom and gloom live in a cave mentality then I’m all for it.
Here's a guy who's part of a trial. It's an interesting look at his experience regardless of what side of the vaccine fence everyone is on. The video is less than 5 minutes.

Advertisement
98,000 people were already dead from COVID the day George Floyd was killed. It's a ridiculous assertion to think the protests played a huge role.

Anyway, no less than the likes of Kirk Herbstreit predicted no cfb back in March.

We were warned. Even Coach Saban was cutting mask wearing videos early on. Anyone w half a smidgen of common sense could see this thing was going to be an issue.

But no. Ppl wanted to push conspiracy theories from letters of the alphabet, vilify public health officials, push demon sperm witch doctors videos -- anything but take the ******* virus seriously. That's who the tweet is talking about

And here we are.

Borrowing a quote from a MLB player, but sports are the reward for a functional society, and quite frankly a society where some believe 300 k Anericans dead by December isnt a big deal isnt very functional nor does it deserve to be rewarded.

Best move is to delay. Work w the pro sports leagues on draft issues.

The thing I wonder is if New York achieved a form of herd immunity this spring after the mass infections. That perhaps the virus was more widespread - especially when you account for the fact that subways were not closed until May. So even with mass gatherings (in the form of political marches), because of that immunity there was little effect. Because you’re right - there has been no uptick in NY.

Meanwhile other states locked down AND did not have NY’s subway transit system, and thus did not have the virus spreading like in NY this spring. And now through a combination of reopening (TX, FL) and political marches (CA), these states are getting widespread exposure for the first time.
Not arguing for you or against you. It's interesting when you look at New York's curve and Sweden's curve, they are strikingly similar yet their approaches were opposite.

Not arguing for you or against you. It's interesting when you look at New York's curve and Sweden's curve, they are strikingly similar yet their approaches were opposite.
It’s interesting...but when you factor in that subways were not closed or sanitized until May, perhaps by default New York became like Sweden. Anyway, just speculation.

We also have to hope China doesn't accidentally release any more bio-engineered diseases. Funny how no one is looking into the origin anymore. You'd think that would be important.
At this point, there’s not much to be gained aside from research information. We’re not going to war with them and we are not going to harshly sanction them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back