Will there be a 2021 season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point, there’s not much to be gained aside from research information. We’re not going to war with them and we are not going to harshly sanction them.
I work in the international relations field and it's just interesting to think what the consequences would be if it was established definitively that the virus was accidentally released from a lab in China (I don't think it was intentional). If they came clean early, I think it's forgiven quickly. Due to the coverup I can see many countries indefinitely taxing Chinese products to pay for the costs of the virus. Public outrage would force governments' hands.

Would cripple the Chinese economy. Fortunately it would help countries rebuild domestic industries so there is some upside. The big downside is that part of the way China keeps its people pacified is the promise of jobs and economic growth. Once that is gone, I think the civil unrest will be a big problem.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Hopefully not.

We should never do anything until we 100% have a cure for Covid, even though there probably never will be one.

No more football, no more sports, no more anything, everyone just needs to sit still for a decade until the virus just forgets about us.

If everybody just holds their breath underwater for 30 minutes Covid will go away permanently.

Hopefully not.

We should never do anything until we 100% have a cure for Covid, even though there probably never will be one.

No more football, no more sports, no more anything, everyone just needs to sit still for a decade until the virus just forgets about us.

If everybody just holds their breath underwater for 30 minutes Covid will go away permanently.
No fall sports for the safety of the athletes but we'll bring students back on campus for a couple of weeks to get those housing checks and then send them home in case of an outbreak. Any reporter with a brain should ask the NIU president(a doctor) who pushed for no football for the MAC and threatened to cancel the NIU season if she wasn't listened to why students are allowed on campus. She knows she can't ban parties and gatherings or enforce wearing a mask when not in class.

Advertisement
Not playing would hurt us more than it would help, trust me I can tell you with firsthand knowledge the kids are really eager to actually see us on the field so that they can be reassured that they're making the right decision.
I doubt. Remember that it would be tough for them to visit any out her school outside the state of Florida. I’m more worried about our current players eligibility for next year if football is cancel this season, King mostly.

I doubt. Remember that it would be tough for them to visit any out her school outside the state of Florida. I’m more worried about our current players eligibility for next year if football is cancel this season, King mostly.

theyre gonna play a spring season if fall is postponed. if not, their eligibility would be tolled for another season.

It’s interesting...but when you factor in that subways were not closed or sanitized until May, perhaps by default New York became like Sweden. Anyway, just speculation.
yeah, probably lots of factors to consider when you look at everyone's numbers.

Advertisement
I would guess they would have to have some guarantee there would be no lawsuits before they play.

Advertisement
@Apex Predator, how the **** can you disagree with what I said? If we did a 30 day lockdown of every single human being on Earth, how would someone get any care at all? Use your head for something other than a place to put a hat.

Advertisement
It's not about the visits, they wanna see us play in a real live game so they can be reassured that they're making the right choice in believing in what they're being sold.

And I'm not guessing, I'm saying from firsthand account, they want to see us play & that it would help solidify their commitment.

Look at the states with some of the largest protests, their numbers didn’t skyrocket like others. Pennsylvania New York Washington Oregon all stayed pretty level. States like Florida Texas Georgia California that reopened regular stuff too early had huge increases
Except these increases didn't lead to our hospitals being overrun because there were not many people actually getting sick. The sky is falling.
doesnt work like that lol. you have to protect your source otherwise he wont give you anymore info
When it is legit info I agree. However half the country has a source saying this ****. The media just throws stuff and hope it is right so they can take credit. Much like a message board.

I work in the international relations field and it's just interesting to think what the consequences would be if it was established definitively that the virus was accidentally released from a lab in China (I don't think it was intentional). If they came clean early, I think it's forgiven quickly. Due to the coverup I can see many countries indefinitely taxing Chinese products to pay for the costs of the virus. Public outrage would force governments' hands.

Would cripple the Chinese economy. Fortunately it would help countries rebuild domestic industries so there is some upside. The big downside is that part of the way China keeps its people pacified is the promise of jobs and economic growth. Once that is gone, I think the civil unrest will be a big problem.
Unfortunately, historically war has been a driver in diverting attention away from one's domestic problems. You could see China drumming up nationalistic fervor with action against Taiwan or even Japan, the latter being less likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back