Why Do some people want to see Rozier fail?

It's not that. Perry was a prized recruit with tons of perceived potential. I think we feel like we're settling for Rosier (if he wins the job) bc Perry didn't perform to our expectations.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Anyone that thought Perry was gonna walk in here and take the starting job after three weeks of practice was seriously delusional.

So Pete and D Money are delusional ? I guess that's a rhetorical question.

Delusional might be a little strong, but I found it surprising they both thought he'd start from snap one. True freshman rarely start at big time programs for a reason. They're not ready. Nothing to say Perry couldn't ramp up and start by years end, but not after three weeks.

I don't think it's delusional I think they're just fans , and get caught up in the moment. I've heard D multiple times on podcast and been like " wtf is he smoking" lol. Like last years podcast entering the season , he was just going W's all the way down the schedule. He was pretty much doing the same thing again this year. I actually texted Indyfarthauz after the podcast " Money is on the Kool aid hard again ".

Majority media types always have on their teams glasses. Fans too. It's hard to look at a season or a super hyped player and not be biased.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It's not that. Perry was a prized recruit with tons of perceived potential. I think we feel like we're settling for Rosier (if he wins the job) bc Perry didn't perform to our expectations.

Anyone that thought Perry was gonna walk in here and take the starting job after three weeks of practice was seriously delusional.

Kaaya did the same thing last time we had a competition.

But Rosier stepped up this time and proved me wrong.

Heaps might have got here after Kaaya did. Rosier's been here forever. There's comfort there. A better companion would have been if Ryan Williams was healthy. Williams would have beat out Kaaya.

Delusional might be a little strong, but I found it surprising they both thought he'd start from snap one. True freshman rarely start at big time programs for a reason. They're not ready. Nothing to say Perry couldn't ramp up and start by years end, but not after three weeks.

I don't think it's delusional I think they're just fans , and get caught up in the moment. I've heard D multiple times on podcast and been like " wtf is he smoking" lol. Like last years podcast entering the season , he was just going W's all the way down the schedule. He was pretty much doing the same thing again this year. I actually texted Indyfarthauz after the podcast " Money is on the Kool aid hard again ".

Majority media types always have on their teams glasses. Fans too. It's hard to look at a season or a super hyped player and not be biased.

So true, [MENTION=2343]Cribby[/MENTION].

Heaps might have got here after Kaaya did. Rosier's been here forever. There's comfort there. A better companion would have been if Ryan Williams was healthy. Williams would have beat out Kaaya.

Heaps also had 18 games of starting experience.

One thing I underestimated was how Rosier fit in this style of offense. The way we are playing this year accentuates his strengths and minimizes his weaknesses.

One thing I underestimated was how Rosier fit in this style of offense. The way we are playing this year accentuates his strengths and minimizes his weaknesses.

Don't suppose you could expand on that a bit could you?

Advertisement

Yeah interested in hearing this.

Why? Because it's a message board full of guys who don't get enough praise in real life. So they're looking to make a splash here.

That and there's a bunch of dopey followers who just puppet the party line and have no clue what Perry was up against trying to lead a team that should be playing for conferences titles and a top 10 finish with just a few weeks of practice. There's a reason it's never been done in the history of college football. Study up.

But...but.....Pete came out with his big prediction thread saying don't be surprised if Perry started this season. Which one should the porsters here believe? History or their trusted insider?

Last edited:
Advertisement

Just responded to your other thread.

Personnel-wise, expect to see a lot of dynamic receivers on the field. Rosier isn't great over the middle but has the arm to get it out quick horizontally and over the top vertically.

No offense to Pete and Dmoney, but Pete is a recruiting insider, not a master talent evaluator. Dmoney seems to have been out of the loop for quite some time.

lot of people are going to complain that Perry is going up against our number 1 defense and Rozier is going up against the back ups, but if Rozier win the job he will have my full support. Perry will benefit from going up against our 1 defense, due to the fact he wont go up against too many better defenses. besides no one player is bigger then the team, Perry has very bright future tho

Personnel-wise, expect to see a lot of dynamic receivers on the field. Rosier isn't great over the middle but has the arm to get it out quick horizontally and over the top vertically.

Just sucks that we'll still be limited. Hope Rosier surprises us all

Advertisement

Got it. Thanks! I have some thoughts on this I'll try to put into a coherent thread later on.

Sounds similar to Stephen Morris.

Advertisement

Because every year we have the talent to easily beat all but 2 or so of our opponents, and even those 2 or so teams don't have us by much so you could see us winning a close one.

This is true every single year we just need to finally play up to our potential in every game.

When the reincarnation of Russell Wilson falls into your lap, it can be a scary thing. Many are responding by lashing out. They will soon see the light.

The church of Perry gained many followers, including myself, but he was a false God, lead by one single false prophet.

Told y'all not to listen to that "Perry will start" craziness, and especially not to not sleep on Rosier. That guy can get it done for us, and I've said it since January

I couldn't see anyway Perry would start, especially since he decided to come this summer. The team is ready to do it now, and it is too talented to throw away this season on a Freshman QB that just got to campus. Richt ain't crazy.

The competiton not even equal... perry played against mostly the 1's with the #2 offense while rosier played against the 2s once again with the #1 offense... it's a big difference between our #1 oline and #2 oline so it's really expected. Regardless rozier performed well against his comp and apparently looks a lot better than the spring based on the reports so let's ride with him.

Brock, why do you think the Pastor would do that to Perry if he wants him to win the starting job? If he really wanted to force feed us Perry, he would have put him with the 1s on offense playing against the 2s on defense for at least half of his snaps in the scrimmages. Maybe Richt did do that and the kid just flat out isn't ready for primetime yet.

I have little to zero faith in Rosier. He is what he is and that's no bueno for us. That being said, I hope he proves me wrong.

He already has. If he was the bum you guys made him out to be then he wouldn't even be a part of the competition.

Not buying that just yet. Let's see if he even starts let alone stick as the starter.

You think he's trash. If he was trash he wouldn't be 1, 2, or 3. He'd be repping with Vinny or out of the program altogether like some of you had him last year.

There's nothing for you to buy. You were wrong one about him. Just deal with it and be happy about it. He doesn't have to start for you to be wrong, but he will.

Yes, my opinion is Rosier doesn't belong in Miami. He's a Coley project at best. I don't think he starts at any program in the top 25. If Rosier loses the starting position to a true freshman at any point in the season then It proves my theory right. You be happy about Rosier being the starter, I'll be happy if he wins us 10 games and the Coastal.

Advertisement
Back