Who would you compare Golden to

A cross between Tom Landry, George Halas, Don Shula, and Vince Lombardi. Well, during their losing seasons, of course.

So you think this guy has a chance to become a winner like those guys eventually did? Iirc you were one of the last few hold outs and I. Willing to bet that you secretly still love the guy just talk smack here on the net to be apart of the following.

Advertisement
At this point, Golden is most comparable to a Ron Zook. Great recruiter, can sell... but just doesn't have the game day skills. We'll see if that changes next season.

Lol..u gotta love these post like this. People who secretly think golden is worth something. He's no where near the recruiter zook was or is.

It's a different landscape today, so you can't really compare success/failure of their teams at this point--but I compare him to Jimmy Johnson. Strong personality, extremely well-spoken, exceptionally driven by excellence, resilient in the face of troubles, really good recruiter...it goes on.

I don't expect Jimmy Johnson wins/titles out of Golden since things are so different between the two eras, but I think they favor a lot in style and how they carry themselves.

If we want to get away from the obvious Miami coach comparisons, he reminds me of a more serious Pete Carroll.

BWAAAA HA HA HA!!!!!
I'll own up to it. That post definitely doesn't hold up well at all.

In my defense, though, the thread was created way back when Chumley was just taking over for the nightmare that was Randy Shannon, was saying all the right things, and it looked like that we were, indeed, #trendingup.

I was fooled, and that was a dumb post. But I also wasn't the only one.

Lame excuse. And now you look even worse since Shannon was actually better than this current clown.
Sounds like Chumley's ineptitude has made you forget how bad Randy "Joe, Joe, Joe--it's a long walk at Duke" Shannon was.

They both suck equally, and the W-L record bears that out.

It's a different landscape today, so you can't really compare success/failure of their teams at this point--but I compare him to Jimmy Johnson. Strong personality, extremely well-spoken, exceptionally driven by excellence, resilient in the face of troubles, really good recruiter...it goes on.

I don't expect Jimmy Johnson wins/titles out of Golden since things are so different between the two eras, but I think they favor a lot in style and how they carry themselves.

If we want to get away from the obvious Miami coach comparisons, he reminds me of a more serious Pete Carroll.

BWAAAA HA HA HA!!!!!

In my defense, though, the thread was created way back when Chumley was just taking over for the nightmare that was Randy Shannon, was saying all the right things, and it looked like that we were, indeed, #trendingup.

Lame excuse. And now you look even worse since Shannon was actually better than this current clown.
Sounds like Chumley's ineptitude has made you forget how bad Randy "Joe, Joe, Joe--it's a long walk at Duke" Shannon was.

The comment made by Shannon was dumb. Still doesn't change the fact that Shannon is a Better coach than golden and if you wanna take the shallow appraoch and look at records on the surface and say things are even then you actually out yourself even further. You haven't learned a dam thing from this silly comment you made way back when.

For example...you think goldens 9-4 is the same as Shannon's 9-4?

Advertisement
BWAAAA HA HA HA!!!!!

The comment made by Shannon was dumb. Still doesn't change the fact that Shannon is a Better coach than golden and if you wanna take the shallow appraoch and look at records on the surface and say things are even then you actually out yourself even further. You haven't learned a dam thing from this silly comment you made way back when.
"Out" myself? You trying to play the race card again here like you did earlier? If that's the case, then fvck you. I'm a white dude, but both coaches suck. Race doesn't have anything to do with it. You know what does apply though? One thing that Shannon and Chumley have/had in common...they BOTH simply weren't high-caliber enough coaches for the Miami HC job.

If it was just about race, and Shannon wasn't a sucky HC, don't you think he'd be the head man somewhere else by now??? There's a reason why he isn't, and it has jack and squat to do with race. The reality is he's not a good HC, and he's a **** good defensive assistant...which is what he is now, and where he needs to be.

Shannon's 9-4 was against a stronger schedule, with arguably a better team. Chumley's was with a weaker team, but against a much weaker schedule. I've been involved in those discussions in the past. My stance in all of that was that both guys played with the teams they had, against the schedule that was there for that given year. There's no better/worse 9-4 in my opinion. It's 9-and-*******-4, and no ACC Coastal title for either one of them.

When you get through the nonsense he reminds me of his mentor Al Groh. Al was a character guy who was around college football for a long time but was a mid tier coach from a won-loss standpoint.

Z
Greg did a remarkable job with Rutgers But there is No doubt that Golden did just as good a job at Temple without a Major Conference backing.

Its WAAAAYYY to early to judge his tenure here.

JC

How is it it too early? And his job at temple was no where as good as to what schiano did at Rutgers. He did a pretty good job of getting players there. That's about it. From a coaching standpoint, Atleast on the field performacne. The first 3 years, yes, he did a good job of turning things around per say but then he didn't do anything with it which makes him a monumental failure.

You do realize that that post was 8/1/12.. the 2nd Season hadn't even begun yet..... smdh... some of y'all hatred is so deep you can't even think straight or Read correctly.... ****!

JC

Advertisement
Z
Greg did a remarkable job with Rutgers But there is No doubt that Golden did just as good a job at Temple without a Major Conference backing.

Its WAAAAYYY to early to judge his tenure here.

JC

How is it it too early? And his job at temple was no where as good as to what schiano did at Rutgers. He did a pretty good job of getting players there. That's about it. From a coaching standpoint, Atleast on the field performacne. The first 3 years, yes, he did a good job of turning things around per say but then he didn't do anything with it which makes him a monumental failure.

You do realize that that post was 8/1/12.. the 2nd Season hadn't even begun yet..... smdh... some of y'all hatred is so deep you can't even think straight or Read correctly.... ****!

JC

Yea..I realize that. The question still remains.

"Out" myself? You trying to play the race card again here like you did earlier? If that's the case, then fvck you. I'm a white dude, but both coaches suck. Race doesn't have anything to do with it. You know what does apply though? One thing that Shannon and Chumley have/had in common...they BOTH simply weren't high-caliber enough coaches for the Miami HC job.

If it was just about race, and Shannon wasn't a sucky HC, don't you think he'd be the head man somewhere else by now??? There's a reason why he isn't, and it has jack and squat to do with race. The reality is he's not a good HC, and he's a **** good defensive assistant...which is what he is now, and where he needs to be.

Shannon's 9-4 was against a stronger schedule, with arguably a better team. Chumley's was with a weaker team, but against a much weaker schedule. I've been involved in those discussions in the past. My stance in all of that was that both guys played with the teams they had, against the schedule that was there for that given year. There's no better/worse 9-4 in my opinion. It's 9-and-*******-4, and no ACC Coastal title for either one of them.

Don't try that race bs with me. It's a fact.

And yea u outed yourself like I thought you would. Records can be the same in appearance but it doesn't mean they are the same in substance. You even acknowledge that in your post. You then Go on to foolishly contradict yourself.

I remember someone posting a site when Golden was hired that showed Golden was garbage. I wish I could find the site now, but they basically made the argument that he had the best players in the MAC and still couldn't win it. Of course I lied to myself and thought they were wrong, but they were spot on.

No, it's not. It's your opinion--if you can't tell the difference, then you don't need to be posting on any message board anywhere. Chumley's not still the HC with the same record as Shannon due to race, it's due to the ineptitude of our leadership, plain and simple.

And yea u outed yourself like I thought you would.
And again--"outed"? If you're trying to call me racist in a roundabout way to circumvent my points, then you sir are the foolish one because you can't discuss this on it's merits w/o resorting to calling someone a racist when that's something I'll never be. GFY.

If anyone is "outing" themselves, it's you, as a ******* idiot.

Records can be the same in appearance but it doesn't mean they are the same in substance. You even acknowledge that in your post. You then Go on to foolishly contradict yourself.
I did no such thing. I kindly shared and explained my stance on Shannon/Chumley's 9-4 seasons, and if you're too dumb to understand it and wish to characterize it in a different way using your warped logic, that's your ******* problem.

Last edited:
Advertisement
No, it's not. It's your opinion--if you can't tell the difference, then you don't need to be posting on any message board anywhere. Chumley's not still the HC with the same record as Shannon due to race, it's due to the ineptitude of our leadership, plain and simple.

And yea u outed yourself like I thought you would.
And again--"outed"? If you're trying to call me racist in a roundabout way to circumvent my points, then you sir are the foolish one because you can't discuss this on it's merits w/o resorting to calling someone a racist when that's something I'll never be. GFY.

If anyone is "outing" themselves, it's you, as a ******* idiot.

Records can be the same in appearance but it doesn't mean they are the same in substance. You even acknowledge that in your post. You then Go on to foolishly contradict yourself.
I did no such thing. I kindly shared and explained my stance on Shannon/Chumley's 9-4 seasons, and if you're too dumb to understand it and wish to characterize it in a different way using your warped logic, that's your ******* problem.

1. It is a fact. There are posters out there who have admitted as much.

2. I didn't call you a racist. Pay attention it's free.

3. Did you not state some differences In the 9-4 records? Yes you did so you contradicted yourself. Do t get mad at me I'm just telling you what you did. Lol. Simple mistake. Just be better next time. Hanging around Golden too long with the bs excuses baby.

Some posters that you like admitted it, so it's a fact. Is that what you're trying to tell me??? LMFAO...

You implied it because you're too much of a pu$$y to come right out and say it...and also mainly because you know how ridiculous admitting that's what you were doing will make you look. Leave that race card in the deck next time and argue the points at hand, and I won't call you out on it. Deal?

3. Did you not state some differences In the 9-4 records?
No, I outlined what the arguments have been regarding that topic (Shannon better team/tougher schedule vs Chumley worse team/weaker schedule), and saying I had been involved in those discussions in the past. I didn't say that's what I subscribed to. I told you what my opinion actually was, but you decided to run in another direction and take things out of context.

Yes you did so you contradicted yourself. Do t get mad at me I'm just telling you what you did. Lol.
I didn't. You just can't ******* read things in context.

Simple mistake. Just be better next time. Hanging around Golden too long with the bs excuses baby.
I'm still better than you are...I can read and comprehend. And while my original post from 2.5 years ago was supportive of Chumley, I'm definitely not supportive at all of him now...which is what my post yesterday was all about--owning up to it, like real men do. I don't expect you to understand that. I was duped, just as many others were, because Chumley was saying all the right things and putting on a front that looked like he had us going in the right direction...especially after how bad Shannon was as the HC.

Advertisement
Some posters that you like admitted it, so it's a fact. Is that what you're trying to tell me??? LMFAO...

You implied it because you're too much of a pu$$y to come right out and say it...and also mainly because you know how ridiculous admitting that's what you were doing will make you look. Leave that race card in the deck next time and argue the points at hand, and I won't call you out on it. Deal?

3. Did you not state some differences In the 9-4 records?
No, I outlined what the arguments have been regarding that topic (Shannon better team/tougher schedule vs Chumley worse team/weaker schedule), and saying I had been involved in those discussions in the past. I didn't say that's what I subscribed to. I told you what my opinion actually was, but you decided to run in another direction and take things out of context.

Yes you did so you contradicted yourself. Do t get mad at me I'm just telling you what you did. Lol.
I didn't. You just can't ******* read things in context.

Simple mistake. Just be better next time. Hanging around Golden too long with the bs excuses baby.
I'm still better than you are...I can read and comprehend. And while my original post from 2.5 years ago was supportive of Chumley, I'm definitely not supportive at all of him now...which is what my post yesterday was all about--owning up to it, like real men do. I don't expect you to understand that. I was duped, just as many others were, because Chumley was saying all the right things and putting on a front that looked like he had us going in the right direction...especially after how bad Shannon was as the HC.

You're better than me? No you're crowning yourself after you compared Al golden to jimmy Johnson and contradicted yourself? Lmfao.

You're better than me?
Did I ******* stutter?

No you're crowning yourself after you compared Al golden to jimmy Johnson and contradicted yourself? Lmfao.
I said something in this thread regarding Chumley/JJ on 8/1/12. That's 2.5 years ago, numbnuts. I also saw it, and came back to punch myself in the balls over it as being dumb. Again--I owned up to it like a man. If you have a problem with that, then GFY.

As for some kind of contradiction, you're still severely wrong and out of context on that because your *** can't read/comprehend. It's painful to see you be this dumb. Just...stop.

I thought this was settled? He's Mike Tice with more hair, less actual football knowledge but a degree in psychology that he uses to dupe dimwitted academics.

Last edited:
Golden = Schiano as a football coach but their personalities are different. Instead of the tough guy disciplinarian BS schtick Golden opts for the #trendy buzzword catchphrase BS schtick.

Advertisement
Back