Who would you compare Golden to

Advertisement
He's a bull**** artist. And that's all. At least Randy was a good coach. Unfortunately for him, the head coach position was just too big for him. But as far as coaching is concerned, Randy was/is a better coach.

Golden might be the biggest and best BS'er of all time. He had everyone drinking the kool-aid. Now look at him, he's been in hiding since november

[video=youtube;WQFBz3tp8YU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQFBz3tp8YU[/video]

I think grew skeptical of him after everyone departed in 2011. I believe Dmoney even came out and posted a thread where he mentions Drew Rosenhaus claim that Al and his staff put out a negative word on the players that left early. Even after strong combine performances they fell way below their projected pre-season draft rankings. I know it was Rosenhsuse but how often does rumors like that spread. Once I read that I was really skeptical on what type of person Golden really was.

L's.

So many L's in this thread.

But at one point Golden had all but like 3 posters fooled...or at least hopeful.

Advertisement
Greg did a remarkable job with Rutgers But there is No doubt that Golden did just as good a job at Temple without a Major Conference backing.

Its WAAAAYYY to early to judge his tenure here.

JC

Good job? Dude never won the conference or 10 games. How did he do a good job at temple??

Advertisement
Greg did a remarkable job with Rutgers But there is No doubt that Golden did just as good a job at Temple without a Major Conference backing.

JC

Good job? Dude never won the conference or 10 games. How did he do a good job at temple??

Let's not let emotional cloud our judgment. Golden did do a good job at Temple. Temple was str8 trash. Winning one game there was an accomplishment. Temple is now respectable program. Golden is horrible at Miami but take emotions out of it. Golden was good for Temple

Advertisement

JC

Let's not let emotional cloud our judgment. Golden did do a good job at Temple. Temple was str8 trash. Winning one game there was an accomplishment. Temple is now respectable program. Golden is horrible at Miami but take emotions out of it. Golden was good for Temple

Bullsh*t! Temple got it's *** kicked in the Big East. They had to play Miami, VT, Pitt, BC, etc. When our special teams coordinator "turned that program around" he was in year four in the MAC. Temple did not take a step forward, all of their competition took two steps back!

Think about it. Even in his absolute best season at Temple he had 9 wins, Buffalo, Eastern Michigan, Ball State, Army, Toledo, Navy, Miami (OH), Akron, and Kent State. He had losses to Villinova, PSU, Ohio (not Ohio St.), and UCLA.

Fat *** gets no respect for Temple from me. He took three steps back in terms of strength of schedule and still could only scratch out a 9 win season. No deal!

Z

JC

How is it it too early? And his job at temple was no where as good as to what schiano did at Rutgers. He did a pretty good job of getting players there. That's about it. From a coaching standpoint, Atleast on the field performacne. The first 3 years, yes, he did a good job of turning things around per say but then he didn't do anything with it which makes him a monumental failure.

Advertisement

JC

What Grolden did, or didn't do, at Temple, has no bearing here. The FRAUD is a perfect example of the Peter Principle. On his best day, he's a perfectly mediocre corch.

I never understood this he was always credited and praised before accomplishing anything. He never earned anything...

It was the high of getting away from Shannon.

No it wasn't. With some it was because he's white...others, well a lot, thought he was a great coach plus being white....if you took an objective look at the guy you would have had several questions regarding this guys coaching acumen and would have been on a wait n see mode.

It's a different landscape today, so you can't really compare success/failure of their teams at this point--but I compare him to Jimmy Johnson. Strong personality, extremely well-spoken, exceptionally driven by excellence, resilient in the face of troubles, really good recruiter...it goes on.

I don't expect Jimmy Johnson wins/titles out of Golden since things are so different between the two eras, but I think they favor a lot in style and how they carry themselves.

If we want to get away from the obvious Miami coach comparisons, he reminds me of a more serious Pete Carroll.

BWAAAA HA HA HA!!!!!
I'll own up to it. That post definitely doesn't hold up well at all.

In my defense, though, the thread was created way back when Chumley was just taking over for the nightmare that was Randy Shannon, was saying all the right things, and it looked like that we were, indeed, #trendingup.

I was fooled, and that was a dumb post. But I also wasn't the only one.

Lame excuse. And now you look even worse since Shannon was actually better than this current clown.

Advertisement
Back