Who do YOU want to start at QB?

Who do YOU want to start?

• Jarren Williams

• Nkosi Perry

• Tate Martell

Results are only viewable after voting.
How many years of eligibility do you think Tate has?? LULZ

He could always redshirt or hit the portal again. I suspect he will if he's not named the starter and / or he get significant time with packages designed for him.

Advertisement
To me:

1. Tate. Kind of a celebrity, has some Johnny Football in him. Run 100% of our offense in the gun out of the spread and attack like Baylor did under Briles.

2. Jarren. Best passer, hands down.

3. Nkosi. Just kinda sucks at everything. Rocket arm but not that fast, bad decision maker, inaccurate, terrible leader

Advertisement
Nkosi Perry was 6/24 against Pitt in the last game of the regular season, playing with a lead.

I don’t care about the dudes off the field issues, but he was the starting qb for one of the worst offenses I’ve ever seen in college football. People here are a little too quick to excuse his performance completely by putting the blame on richt.

I hope he’s a totally new player this year, but until he shows it I’m assuming he’s the same guy who couldn’t complete a pass last year

To me:

1. Tate. Kind of a celebrity, has some Johnny Football in him. Run 100% of our offense in the gun out of the spread and attack like Baylor did under Briles.

2. Jarren. Best passer, hands down.

3. Nkosi. Just kinda sucks at everything. Rocket arm but not that fast, bad decision maker, inaccurate, terrible leader
You said nkosi sucks at everything but none of the qbs seem to have seperated from him. Wouldn't that mean they all suck?

I voted to see the results.

Truly I don’t care. Though I am surprised to see the amount that voted for Tate and the lack of votes for Perry.

To me:

1. Tate. Kind of a celebrity

Tate because he's a cElEbRiTy!

giphy.gif

Advertisement
I voted to see the results.

Truly I don’t care. Though I am surprised to see the amount that voted for Tate and the lack of votes for Perry.
I think Because people remember Perry playing a part of facilitating the worst passing offense in the history of modern Miami football and want nothing to do with it along with the general inconsistencies in his game

You said nkosi sucks at everything but none of the qbs seem to have seperated from him. Wouldn't that mean they all suck?

also tate has been just as inaccurate as perry and based on all the podcasts, is the worst passer of the three. theyre all even w each of them doing well at diff things (tate is likely the best leader (depending on who you ask in the locker room) and def gained the coaches trust, but struggles in passing the ball).

I think Because people remember Perry playing a part of facilitating the worst passing offense in the history of modern Miami football and want nothing to do with it along with the general inconsistencies in his game

inconsistency part -- all 3 are there w Jarren being the most consistent of the three. tate and perry both struggle w accuracy (gulp). i dont blame perry for last year given the coaching we had on that side of the ball.

Advertisement
This is where I am. Perry shouldn't even be in the conversation right now if hes so awful, and if you truly do believe hes awful, then what does it say about the fact that he was the most consistent (best) in the spring and outperformed the others when it mattered the most?

And judging by these early fall reports it looks as if they still haven't pulled away (to be fair, neither has he).

I know it sounds like the kid is my favorite, but I assure you I'm good w whoever we roll into Orlando with. I can honestly say no choice will disappoint me.

I'm just wondering what yall gonna say if Perry is the guy that Enos says runs the offense the best? Are you going to even give him a chance ? Are we going to be chomping at the bit for him to be benched so your guy can get a shot ? I'm genuinely curious.

This sums up the dumbness that is represented in this thread.

At 7:38am

Same poster at 7:41am. LMFAO. You can't make this s'hit up!

Furthermore, after saying "No thanks on N'Kosi", he then responds to a poster a few minutes later with this:

I just wonder why someone is completely anti any of the guys?

The difference is Tate came in with the hype like he was the next Kyler Murray or Johnny Manziel. Either of those two players would’ve won the job easily by now. Not only did he not come in on that level but he was worse than our minimum expectations of him as well.
If you were buying that hype then you were listening to the wrong people. I don’t expect heisman or early draft talk about him this year but just to be a top 3 QB in the ACC

Advertisement
This is where I am. Perry shouldn't even be in the conversation right now if hes so awful, and if you truly do believe hes awful, then what does it say about the fact that he was the most consistent (best) in the spring and outperformed the others when it mattered the most?

And judging by these early fall reports it looks as if they still haven't pulled away (to be fair, neither has he).

I know it sounds like the kid is my favorite, but I assure you I'm good w whoever we roll into Orlando with. I can honestly say no choice will disappoint me.

I'm just wondering what yall gonna say if Perry is the guy that Enos says runs the offense the best? Are you going to even give him a chance ? Are we going to be chomping at the bit for him to be benched so your guy can get a shot ? I'm genuinely curious.
Perry is not fast and not accurate.

Tate at least could run a Lamar J/Johnny Football Spread Option attack.

Also Nkosi is a constant PR nightmare

Perry is not fast and not accurate.

Tate at least could run a Lamar J/Johnny Football Spread Option attack.

Also Nkosi is a constant PR nightmare
Not arguing the last point. Much to prove there.

The first two? Assuming 1 is fact, then what does it tell you about Jarren and Tate that they couldnt outperform him, and still have not pulled away from him ?

Point 2? If Tate could run an offense like those two Heisman winners you listed (he cant and wont, and even if he could that's not what Enos is doing), he'd still be in Columbus and Urban wouldnt have revamped his offense to fit a pocket Qb.

Honestly I don't care but gun to head Martell as he has some Manziel in him which is exciting .

Anyone who votes for Perry is out of their mind . He can't pass and he isn't a leader. Also he is a dumbass in terms of what he lets out there on social media .

Advertisement
Back