Who do YOU want to start at QB?

Who do YOU want to start?

• Jarren Williams

• Nkosi Perry

• Tate Martell

Results are only viewable after voting.
Advertisement
This makes no sense.

As in when he gets into an actual game he is going to shine because he thrives under pressure. He may not be correct, but it does make sense.

To make it even simpler.

If QB A and QB B are exactly equal in practice scenarios, but QB A turns it up a notch when they get into a real game and QB B does not. Then QB A is obviously the one you want starting.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I voted Jarren Williams because if he wins the job it means he matured, put in the work, and beat the other two out. Tate because of his work ethic and experience gets a lot of hype, just like Perry gets some for his starting experience. I feel coaches give both more leeway because they are a little more proven and likely have more credibility as leaders. Jarren is starting further back but physically is the best prospect if he can pick everything up mentally and become a leader.

He throws the best ball, apparently is fast as **** (20 MPH in one practice that we know of) and is the youngest.

Jarren winning the job would be completely unexpected and mean he put all leadership and work ethic issues behind him. It would be huge. Pretty much everyone has him today as an afterthought. If Jarren wins the job he is head and shoulders better than the other options and took the job from them. As much as I like Martell as a player he can win purely by being just as good as the other two. The coaches brought him in to lead and compete and he hasn’t held back. He doesn’t come with the baggage the other two do. Perry can win just by being slightly better than Martell.
After spring practice Williams was a transfer candidate but now he’s had the best 7 days of the 3 QBs. If Williams win the start that means he took it away from Perry and Tate. It also means at this point that he wants this more then the other 2.

Im surprised just as much as everyone else. I also noticed that most of the beat writers are having a hard time explaining what they are seeing in practice because a few had already made up their mind as well after spring practice who they thought would win the job.

If we played Florida tomorrow I would feel comfortable with this Offense in Williams hands thus far! It’s not over yet for Perry and Tate. Live bullets will tell the real story soon.

When the transfer portal was booming I was hoping we got Hurts as our QB. I wanted him to start this year and have Jarren to sit one more year and take over the following 3 years. Hurts would have brought a lot to the table as well. But since we got Tate instead I wouldn't mind either one of them. I do think Tate has a lot going for him and could help mask some of our deficiencies.. 12 personnel with a dual threat QB means alot of running lanes and big plays on the ground.
Hurts still hasn't won the OU job. I mean, he most likely will, but Riley still needs to see more apparently. But it is telling hes not naming him the guy yet, which further reminds you:

These qbs are transferring for a reason. These aren't Cam (kicked out) or Patterson (sanctions) situations where the player had other reasons for leaving. They're leaving bc they cant win starting positions.

Yeah yeah, I know, I know. Baker Mayfield and Kyler Murray.

Tate ain't either of those guys. Nope.

Doesn't mean hes not better than 5 or 18. But the simple fact remains that he left OSU bc he wasnt getting PT and was basically told to bounce by the new coach (who was his qb coach for 2 seasons btw) who brought in a transfer whose most memorable play at the collegiate level so far was a botched fake kick. Big red flag.

Anyway, I'm rolling with whoever Enos evaluates and determines to be the best.

I'm happy any of the 3 options.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If you’re “pulling” for someone specific, and you’re not a family member or friend of that kid, you’re a real life weirdo. Who the **** cares? Guess what? If the corpse of Bin Laden was resurrected into a spirit with the skills of Trevor Lawrence, that’s the guy I’d want to start. Who the **** plays favorites? This is such dumbass chit. If you’re a fan of this program, then the answer to this high school poll is “the best player, determined by the guy coaching the position for 30 years”. That’s it. I don’t care if it’s Satan reincarnated. Just beat the ******* gator.

THIS!! ^^
Couldn't have said it better!!

Some of you girls who are in
love ..riding ****s ...carrying on shamelessly need this

slap3.gif

Its ALWAYS team as with family 1st ...best man wins

Have some self respect

II you love someone enough to want someone better to fail...just because you want to be right and you like the smell of his jock That's really sad and F'up

It's like the coach who plays or hires his son over better talent

whore.jpeg

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back