Who do YOU want to start at QB?

Who do YOU want to start?

• Jarren Williams

• Nkosi Perry

• Tate Martell

Results are only viewable after voting.
i voted for tate.

to me, tate has the highest ceiling of the three just as a player. i also think given the philosophy manny is preaching, that the team's ceiling overall is highest if tate is able to assume that leadership role as starting QB. i will trust manny and enos until proven otherwise regardless, but for those two reasons i'm hoping tate does enough to win the job.

Advertisement
When the transfer portal was booming I was hoping we got Hurts as our QB. I wanted him to start this year and have Jarren to sit one more year and take over the following 3 years. Hurts would have brought a lot to the table as well. But since we got Tate instead I wouldn't mind either one of them. I do think Tate has a lot going for him and could help mask some of our deficiencies.. 12 personnel with a dual threat QB means alot of running lanes and big plays on the ground.

Advertisement
While not realistic, I want every Cane to get their shine. In a perfect world, Perry up and followed by Jarren. Next would be Matocha, with Tate last. The other three said picked us first. Tate can wait, then I hope he gets his.

Having said that, start the best one. It's a business decision always. You did ask who, so that's why I said the above.

I want the one that can make all the routine plays and doesn't cause us to lose games. Frustrating last year when guys are wide open and the QB couldn't get the ball on target or made them come back for it, killing momentum.

Like I've said before, Marino was fun to watch, Griese wasn't flashy but won championships. Steve Walsh was like Griese.

Advertisement
If you’re “pulling” for someone specific, and you’re not a family member or friend of that kid, you’re a real life weirdo. Who the **** cares? Guess what? If the corpse of Bin Laden was resurrected into a spirit with the skills of Trevor Lawrence, that’s the guy I’d want to start. Who the **** plays favorites? This is such dumbass chit. If you’re a fan of this program, then the answer to this high school poll is “the best player, determined by the guy coaching the position for 30 years”. That’s it. I don’t care if it’s Satan reincarnated. Just beat the ******* gator.

Who plays favorites? Literally everyone has a bias or preference for one thing over another, one person over another. It is human nature. I get what you are saying, and agree about that the best player should start, but most folks like one person over another for arbitrary reasons and it's implied that they hope "their guy" is the best guy for the job. It's un-American to be so nonchalant about something you really care for...in this case Canes football and who ultimately leads it on the field.

Last edited:
While not realistic, I want every Cane to get their shine. In a perfect world, Perry up and followed by Jarren. Next would be Matocha, with Tate last. The other three said picked us first. Tate can wait, then I hope he gets his.

Having said that, start the best one. It's a business decision always. You did ask who, so that's why I said the above.
How many years of eligibility do you think Tate has?? LULZ

Last edited:
tate, simply because i think explosive scrambling QBs are fun as **** to watch at the college level. once they get to the NFL they tend to be neutralized somewhat by the heightened level of overall athleticism on defense, but watching guys like lamar jackson, manziel, mariota etc make dudes just look absolutely silly at the college level is a blast. having said that, i will obviously pull for whoever wins the job and if it turns out jarren or kosi end up starting and tear it up, then that's more than fine by me.

Advertisement
I want the best one... lol... seemingly that's so ******* difficult. Oversees oddsmakers have Tate at 1/1 and ahead. Can these sob's see better from across the Ocean?

If it’s Martell I’m hoping it RPO’s all night. The only reason we he gives us a chance cause of his feet.

Advertisement
Even if Tate doesn’t win the job, he should be given a lot of credit for raising the level of competition in the QB room. Without him, there is no way Jarren or Kosi would have improved as much as they did.
You don't know that. There's no way possible you can quantify OR qualify that comment.

This is who i want to start.

tenor - 2019-08-03T005039.833.gif

Advertisement
Back