Who do YOU want to start at QB?

Who do YOU want to start?

• Jarren Williams

• Nkosi Perry

• Tate Martell

Results are only viewable after voting.
Pulling for Tate. But I’d be totally content with Jarren. No thanks on N’Kosi. I just think he’s a gambler who will always make 3-4 boneheaded plays a game. I like Jarrens game. I’m just not sure he’s the guy. I do like what Tate brings to the table from a talent and leadership standpoint. His wheels will be an asset here. So I lean his way.

Advertisement
NKosi >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> lil tate

#ANYBODYBUTTATE

1. Jarren or NKosi
2. Matocha
3. Transfer Portal
Mind me asking why anyone but Tate?

I honestly don’t really care who wins.

I’m really hinging my faith of the offense inthe OC and am banking on his play calling to bring out the best in whoever he chooses.

I just wonder why someone is completely anti any of the guys?

After spring practice Williams was a transfer candidate but now he’s had the best 7 days of the 3 QBs. If Williams win the start that means he took it away from Perry and Tate. It also means at this point that he wants this more then the other 2.

Im surprised just as much as everyone else. I also noticed that most of the beat writers are having a hard time explaining what they are seeing in practice because a few had already made up their mind as well after spring practice who they thought would win the job.

If we played Florida tomorrow I would feel comfortable with this Offense in Williams hands thus far! It’s not over yet for Perry and Tate. Live bullets will tell the real story soon.

He wasn't a transfer candidate after this spring. Where is that coming from?

That was floating around in the middle of last fall when the whole QB sh*t show was going on. After the Wisconsin game, where Richt had him practice as the #2 guy with the understanding he would get in the game and then left him standing on the sideline after warming him up, he probably thought about it again. Who could blame him? He even said that Manny called him after taking the job, as he called Perry, and he trusted Manny's word that he would legitimately have a shot to play, so he came back. The kid doesn't want to leave Miami - but he also has to look at the big picture for himself.

I know everyone thinks either Perry or Williams will transfer if they don't get the QB1 job. I am not so sure of that. I think it's entirely possible Enos can sell them that they both are legitimately in it for QB2 and it's to their benefit to stay and continue to develop. That would keep the competition in the QB room high as we go into the season. What will happen after this fall is another story. But I am not sold that anyone leaves before the season start.....

Mind me asking why anyone but Tate?

I honestly don’t really care who wins.

I’m really hinging my faith of the offense inthe OC and am banking on his play calling to bring out the best in whoever he chooses.

I just wonder why someone is completely anti any of the guys?

If Tate was the best of the bunch, he would’ve came in and took the job by now.

His negatives stand out a lot more than his positives...

Positives: “oh he study’s hard!!!” 😴😴😴

Negatives: very short, not accurate enough, and a weak arm. The fact that anyone thinks he is the best QB on this team is beyond me.

Advertisement

Negatives: very short, not accurate enough, and a weak arm. The fact that anyone thinks he is the best QB on this team is beyond me.

Fair enough. I could see us going to a lot of read option with him and that would help our porous OL and make the RPO what it actually has the potential to be. That would also create a lot of 1-1 for the wr and TEs because of how you have to defend the read option.

In my opinion it would be recruiting suicide to not make sure everyone feels like it’s been a legit open competition. With the way the coaches are in sfla they’d be openly crushing the staff for giving it to some white out of state kid over the local fla athlete. But that’s a theory for another thread. Lol

I don’t have a dog in the race but I voted Martell as I’ve always wondered what a Miami QB with his scrambling ability would look like

Advertisement

Your 1st sentence applies to all of them as well. If kosi took last year seriously, manny wouldn’t have even bothered with Martel

Don’t listen to krazy. He’s the least knowledgeable guy here.

I’m not saying Tate has separated himself, but manny wasn’t gonna let a transfer walk in and hand him the job without giving the returning guys a shot.

Tate didn’t come here to sit. He brings a mamziel aspect to the offense and will make some huge plays b/c of his ability to scramble. Whether it’s a big run or it is a roll out or scramble that finds a wr deep downfield.

I’m pretty sure it won’t be Jarren as I just can’t see a guy with just a few snaps starting against UF. Need a guy w experience starting that game.

Advertisement
I trust these coaches...

they are out to prove themselves to the rest of CFB, not just to the cane community.....they are approaching this like their future and paychecks depended on this....

immediate results is the Manolo way... not a five year,excuse ridden, "rebuild the pillars" plan..

i find that refreshing compared to our last couple of staffs....Al Golden and his butt buddy or the Richt family business

Last edited:
Don't have a favorite but I think N'Kosi wins it. He's already started and won some big games for us. That experience coupled with him being pushed harder than he's ever been pushed before should be enough.

He's got the best deep ball of the qb's and we've got lots of deep speed at the wr position.

Advertisement
Your 1st sentence applies to all of them as well. If kosi took last year seriously, manny wouldn’t have even bothered with Martel

The difference is Tate came in with the hype like he was the next Kyler Murray or Johnny Manziel. Either of those two players would’ve won the job easily by now. Not only did he not come in on that level but he was worse than our minimum expectations of him as well.

I'd think an in his prime Ken Dorsey would work for me. Or whoever can minimize mistakes and lead the team to a win, however, over the Gators to get it started.

If you’re “pulling” for someone specific, and you’re not a family member or friend of that kid, you’re a real life weirdo. Who the **** cares? Guess what? If the corpse of Bin Laden was resurrected into a spirit with the skills of Trevor Lawrence, that’s the guy I’d want to start. Who the **** plays favorites? This is such dumbass chit. If you’re a fan of this program, then the answer to this high school poll is “the best player, determined by the guy coaching the position for 30 years”. That’s it. I don’t care if it’s Satan reincarnated. Just beat the ******* gator.

Nobody is rooting for a guy regardless of performance here. When people say they are rooting for Tate, it’s because they believe he gives us the best chance. Everybody following this message board has an opinion.

I picked Tate, but if he looks like *** in the scrimmage and jarren looks great everybody will change their pick.

The difference is Tate came in with the hype like he was the next Kyler Murray or Johnny Manziel. Either of those two players would’ve won the job easily by now. Not only did he not come in on that level but he was worse than our minimum expectations of him as well.
You realize that not only has Hurts not won at OU yet, but Fields has been struggling at OSU. He's obviously going to start because everyone else left but it proves no matter who you are, you'll struggle at a brand new place until you learn the offense and the personnel

Advertisement
Back