Which WR flourishes in this system and why?

Wiggins
Pope
Payton
Restrepo

Lashlee gets them one on one opportunities in space. We know Wiggins is open all day. Let's see if his catching keeps improving.

Advertisement
THIS is not a particularly amazing commentary regarding the subject matter.

Maybe there's a way for every single thread to automatically include the same rote thoughtless reply to every topic for each of the people who choose to "offer" the same rote thoughtless reply to every thread. It'll save typing for you all, get your point across, and help you rack up super high post counts to show off to each of your friends.

In the meanwhile, I'll wait to hear from someone more knowledgeable on Lashlee's offense to learn of what receivers might benefit most from the new offense.

I hope I don't offend you by wanting to read a thread without reading a entirely generic take about how we suck and will always suck--- and instead read replies actually responsive to the thread.

You might not agree, but please know I don't mean to offend.

OMG, Thank you.

I get sick and tired of these clowns acting like the Ship cant be righted. STFU posting that bs in EVERY **** thread. For the love of god.

This is such a ridiculous viewpoint, Jeremiah payton(who I’m high on) had **** near the same season pope had as a true freshman which was a minimal impact yet people ain’t writing him off. He just needs more touches, the spread offense will help ALL the receivers. No point in writing any of the receivers off

Enos didn't put Payton on the field. He talked like he was going to but never did. One game the kid had 3 snaps. He had such a great spring but never got a shot during the season

Advertisement
Considering there is only two routes in this offense, shallow slant and go route, no WR should have trouble with the playbook. I want Pope to have a huge year but I think it will be Harley.

Pope don’t have that dog to be great.. our best WR will change every game..

It think ultimately Jordan is the top receiver period in this system but among WR -

I think Harley is a sneaky great fit here. He was always a system receiver an I see him playing a Crabtree type roll. Trustworthy, moving chains, deceptive speed and about his craft and money as a sr. (I dont think he is AS good as Crab for the record)

Wiggins is the most gifted receiver we have and has shown growth. I think he has a Jordy Nelson ceiling and a Tommy Streeter floor. Stretch the field and has big play written all over him.

Pope is crazy polarizing due to his traits and small area ability. He can be a star just a matter of him putting in the work with his team, not necessarily with a trainer. Tavon Austin type IMO.

Payton just seems to work harder than most - obviosuly based solely on reports and practices but thats all we have. Dede Westbrook Clone.

Restrepo
Redding
Worsham

TBD
Do you have any clue as to what "system" we are going to see?

Advertisement
I think the obvious answers are Pope/Harley, but in all honesty an uptempo spread probably means quick route running WRs like those two will stick out.

Pope is going to blow up this year.

I hope so but I need to see all these guys get off the line better against press and make the right route adjustments.

Pope, for example, could light MF's up in the same role as SMU's leading receiver last year if he attacks the opportunity. The deeper intermediate routes where he can catch in space could make him lethal.

I think Payton can really do damage in this system. Decent size/speed. Has shown good hands in limited reps and in practice. And he seems versatile enough to play outside or in the slot. If he can add a bit more weight he'll be that much more dynamic and tougher for opposing D's to tackle in space.

Advertisement
Advertisement
1578976491697.gif

This is such a ridiculous viewpoint, Jeremiah payton(who I’m high on) had **** near the same season pope had as a true freshman which was a minimal impact yet people ain’t writing him off. He just needs more touches, the spread offense will help ALL the receivers. No point in writing any of the receivers off
Nah pope freshman year and Payton’s is totally different imo... Payton set him self up to play big mins next season... Pope we going on year 3 and don’t know what he can do... not all on him but he hasn’t shown much and his time is dwindling down

Advertisement
Back