Where the **** is the CB recruiting?

I still am amazed Rumph turned out to be such a ****** recruiter. He's a fine coach but I thought he'd be much better as a recruiter - maybe not right out of the gate but we're a few years in and he's worthless on the trail.

A lot of ya'll are forgetting that the best CB are getting Bags, so how can Rump Compete with that!!!

Advertisement
Aside from Jakorian Bennett the JUCO kid, it's basically just Davonte Brown & Tee Denson the former Pitt commit.

People will run to the "it's a down year in South Fla" excuse, but nearly every CB in South Fla for this class is committed to a P5 school. It's a down year, but P5 programs are still taking them.

You're not really allowed to question CB recruiting on this site though because people will immediately wage War with you as they perceive it as a slight to Rumph. Who is no doubt a terrific CB coach, but you simply can't speak on his recruiting or lack thereof.

Honestly, I don't even care anymore... Just find some CB's & sign'em up. But we def need a JUCO in this class who's has experience & will be ready day 1, because Clarke is a developmental guy 2 years away & whichever other prospect we get won't be able to step in play right away.

We just need some depth, the ship has sailed on finding any potential future starters in this class.
Can't say **** about Rumph or Banda until they get fired ....that's when the truth is allowed to be spoken here.

I think we will get a few DOGS Late. Stop panicking!!
Team was just just playing like **** a few weeks ago. They appear to be trending up and if they finish strong, Manny and the boyz will have something to sell #TMN

I thought it was establish after not being able to land Tyson Campbell (even though it was evident before that after the Henderson debacle) that Rumph can't recruit. His "great coaching" is a by product of the pass rushing. Early in the season when we weren't getting a bunch of sacks or pressures our DBs looked lost and played like ***.

Anyways waiting for someone to blow smoke up my *** about how the DBs are playing better when (surprise) the DL especially with Greg Rou has been murdering OL as of late.
The DL has always made the back end look good but but it's Rumphs coaching skills lol.

Hoping for some super out of the blue Christian Williams type flips lmao. Best shot at having a decent class at this point.

Advertisement
Kids should be wanting to play in this System, but none of them do... is rumphs personality really that bland? We need to go after kids like Kendall Dennis or Ethan Pouncey they’ve been on campus.
The minute I heard him speak on camera (when he got hired) I knew **** well he was going to struggle recruiting I said that on here from day one. Especially when DB is a big time bag position down in sfla.

Dean was dropped by Bama
Bandy was coming here no matter what (and we offered way too late)

Frierson is at striker
Blades was coming here if Mickey Mouse was the coach
Ivey has not developed as well as expected (do not mention the 3 interceptions that fell right into his lap)

Couch was 145 pounds and a local kid. Easy flip.
Williams was dropped by Bama and not a take at LSU. Come on.

Also, can we please stop posting how good our corners are based on meaningless stats? Who is the best QB we have faced this year from a throwing perspective? Sam Howell? He torched us as a True Freshman. Imagine if we had to play Clemson or Bama or LSU, holy ****.

Conclusion: Rumph is a below average recruiter and an above average coach, but very replaceable. All concerns about him are valid.
True post but like LCE said u can't hate on MR or all **** would break loose. U may get banned for it

Advertisement
DB recruiting is a disaster again. We have 1 CB (Clarke) and 1 S (Balom) committed, a month away from the early signing period.

Banda and Rumph might be good coaches but their recruiting sucks, period

It's SoFla, no excuse to not have talent lined up at the door at DB

Honest question, is Rumph ever gonna produce a 1st round CB? Even 2nd or 3rd? All those “Rumph CB stats” are meaningless when you have schools like Bama and LSU producing 1st round DBs year after year.

I still am amazed Rumph turned out to be such a ****** recruiter. He's a fine coach but I thought he'd be much better as a recruiter - maybe not right out of the gate but we're a few years in and he's worthless on the trail.

He never had to do it. He doesnt have the personality for it...and they read recruits wrong tooo many times. The funny part is alot of the older posters ont he board has followed recruiting or been around recruiting longer than our current coaches. But there are still people saying thye would defer to coaches on certain recruiting. All the misses Rumph or Banda had i personally saw wayyyy before they happened. Just simply from being around recruiting. For example.....I never watched Tyrique Stevenson or Jobe's highlights i just knew those kids werent coming.

Christian Williams last class was a nice pull. This class i would be ecstatic if they pulled Javier Morton out of Stephenson.

Advertisement
Miami recruits DBs like broke and ugly dudes pull women. Once all the dimes are spoken for, Rumph be like “this one has a great personality”

Rumph the type to try to put on a John Legend playlist and try to kick game. FoH.

The DL has always made the back end look good but but it's Rumphs coaching skills lol.
This sh*t a dumb argument, what great secondary doesn’t have a good dline? That’s an important component in passing defense and works hand to hand. You can have an elite secondary filled with high end talent but they can’t consistently cover forever either without a pass rush, LOL. This is common football knowledge

DB recruiting is a disaster again. We have 1 CB (Clarke) and 1 S (Balom) committed, a month away from the early signing period.

And another safety committed who should be at FIU, keshawn Washington

Advertisement

Miami players are devalued in the draft in recent years because of plodding performance on the field (which IMO) doesn’t make sense but is what it is and it’s a legit reason

This sh*t a dumb argument, what great secondary doesn’t have a good dline? That’s an important component in passing defense and works hand to hand. You can have an elite secondary filled with high end talent but they can’t consistently cover forever either without a pass rush, LOL. This is common football knowledge
But he's getting the credit for the turnaround....the DL as soon as it played better the dbs looked better. The guys that DJ covers be open all day and he has been gifted interceptions....then u hear the he's getting better talk when it's obviously a bad throw and improved DL play. Your right u need a good DL I just hate when a guy makes a play like DJ has and they credit the position coach. When Cgay Henderson was getting picks at UF people were saying the same **** "well he was gifted those interceptions" now he's on every mock draft in the first round. And we all know 100% that DJ will never sniff the 1st round cause he is what he is.

He never had to do it. He doesnt have the personality for it...and they read recruits wrong tooo many times. The funny part is alot of the older posters ont he board has followed recruiting or been around recruiting longer than our current coaches. But there are still people saying thye would defer to coaches on certain recruiting. All the misses Rumph or Banda had i personally saw wayyyy before they happened. Just simply from being around recruiting. For example.....I never watched Tyrique Stevenson or Jobe's highlights i just knew those kids werent coming.

Christian Williams last class was a nice pull. This class i would be ecstatic if they pulled Javier Morton out of Stephenson.
Facts facts facts

U can tell him and Stubblefield they stick out for the wrong reasons in interviews. If I can tell and I don't even live in Florida that's bad. For me to be able to know that they were going to struggle just by YouTube interviews that's alarming af. Diaz has the personality but he just has bad evaluations and surprisingly doesn't recruit either. Bad mix on this coaching staff real bad.....they aren't getting ripped by it now because there winning with Richts kids.

Advertisement
Back