Where the **** is the CB recruiting?

Rumph is overrated as a coach. He continuously puts later round draft picks in the NFL. That doesn’t cut it at Miami. Whether it be recruiting or talent development it’s under par for a championship standard.

He hasn't had much to work with. (I agree that is his fault due to his lack of recruiting ability.) But he hasn't had a premier talent at CB to really test out. Michael Jackson was an after thought before Rumph turned him around. Jhavonte Dean just refused to tackle but Rumph squeezed every inch out of him he could.

I think Al Blades, Ivey and Bandy will be his first real success stories. Especially Blades Jr if he keeps it up. I can see him being a 2nd round pick by his Sr year.

Advertisement
He hasn't had much to work with. (I agree that is his fault due to his lack of recruiting ability.) But he hasn't had a premier talent at CB to really test out. Michael Jackson was an after thought before Rumph turned him around. Jhavonte Dean just refused to tackle but Rumph squeezed every inch out of him he could.

I think Al Blades, Ivey and Bandy will be his first real success stories. Especially Blades Jr if he keeps it up. I can see him being a 2nd round pick by his Sr year.

Ok i see this awhole lot...and its FLAT OUT FALSE. Michael Jackson was an after thought to FANS...because they never wanted him to begin with coming out of Alabama. Rumph didnt TURN HIM around or anything. Michael Jackson was in the rotation and in on every special teams unit the minute he walked on campus. It was his normal projection to be what he was. Between the Rumph turning water into wine with Corn Elder and Michael Jackson are the biggest crocks always told on this board. You would think these dude were borderline fcs guys if you let the board tell it.

He developed Dean and this current group he has. These are the first guys im legitimately judging him on coaching wise ...because these are legitimately his guys currently playing.

Advertisement
They suck at recruiting

LOL. Everyone knows that. (Well, at least Rumph does. Bandy got Gurvan Hall and Bubba Bolden and Keontra Smith. Not sure I put him on the same level)

How is this some secret truth?

Ill say it again, SFields sucks at recruiting and is a bad coach. Still has his job. Patke is a decent ST coach and sucks at recruiting. Still has his job.

You don't fire coaches based off their ability to not recruit very well if they are a **** good coach. Rumph is a **** good coach.

Ok i see this awhole lot...and its FLAT OUT FALSE. Michael Jackson was an after thought to FANS...because they never wanted him to begin with coming out of Alabama. Rumph didnt TURN HIM around or anything. Michael Jackson was in the rotation and in on every special teams unit the minute he walked on campus. It was his normal projection to be what he was. Between the Rumph turning water into wine with Corn Elder and Michael Jackson are the biggest crocks always told on this board. You would think these dude were borderline fcs guys if you let the board tell it.

He developed Dean and this current group he has. These are the first guys im legitimately judging him on coaching wise ...because these are legitimately his guys currently playing.
:rickflair2:

Fair enough. But he didn't F up MJ either. Was given the keys and didn't crash the car. That's just as good. (I didn't give him credit for Corn Elder) We have had coaches come in a ruin talents. (Coaching ruined the entire 2010-2014 UM tenure kids. We could go on for days on this subject. ) So for him to keep the ship steady is a testament to his coaching ability.

That said, using your example..

*Blades Jr - Trending WAY up.
*Bandy - Steady as she goes. Didn't make a huge leap from his sophomore to Jr years but didn't regress either. Lets see if he makes that quantum leap next year
*Ivey - Was left for dead..now I feel confident in saying he is Trending up.

This isn't the resume of a coach you fire. Just sayin.

Advertisement
I was a Rumph believer up until this season. I still think he's a sound coach, but clearly a MEDIOCRE (AT BEST) recruiter. You need both in CFB.

I've kind of switched to the camp that believes Rumph's success with the DB's is, in large part, due to the D-line's ability to generate constant pressure and force errant throws. We saw zero pressure earlier this season, and our DB's were roasted.

I was a Rumph believer up until this season. I still think he's a sound coach, but clearly a MEDIOCRE (AT BEST) recruiter. You need both in CFB.

I've kind of switched to the camp that believes Rumph's success with the DB's is, in large part, due to the D-line's ability to generate constant pressure and force errant throws. We saw zero pressure earlier this season, and our DB's were roasted.

That’s the reason why none of his guys can cut it in the NFL and they’re just practice squad guys.

That’s the reason why none of his guys can cut it in the NFL and they’re just practice squad guys.

Well now hold on a second..I was told "his guys" are the guys in the program now..He cant take credit for anyone before that...(according to gogeta)...So which is it?

Fair enough. But he didn't F up MJ either. Was given the keys and didn't crash the car. That's just as good. (I didn't give him credit for Corn Elder) We have had coaches come in a ruin talents. (Coaching ruined the entire 2010-2014 UM tenure kids. We could go on for days on this subject. ) So for him to keep the ship steady is a testament to his coaching ability.

That said, using your example..

*Blades Jr - Trending WAY up.
*Bandy - Steady as she goes. Didn't make a huge leap from his sophomore to Jr years but didn't regress either. Lets see if he makes that quantum leap next year
*Ivey - Was left for dead..now I feel confident in saying he is Trending up.

This isn't the resume of a coach you fire. Just sayin.

- Why was Ivey left for dead?.

Not saying he should be fired...just saying he shouldnt be praised eithe as some cb whisperer. He is still in the evaluating period for me coaching wise... as a recruiter i know what he is...i just get tired of seeing the...well " rumph gonna coach him up" talk on here to justify consistently striking out on elite cbs..meanwhile we are in the cb breeding ground.

Me personally i think we do have deadweight coaches on defense. We have 2 db coaches and 3 LB coaches...and no 1 that can really coach up a special teams unit be damned. Considering we gave out scholarships to a kicker and punter and ended both seasons with walk ons kicking and punting. That's just my way of thinking though.

Advertisement
Well now hold on a second..I was told "his guys" are the guys in the program now..He cant take credit for anyone before that...(according to gogeta)...So which is it?

That doesnt look like GOGETA posting to me. Address me when speaking.
NsFoInL.gif

Any db group Would be toasted without pressure, it’s literally common sense...

Advertisement

Not saying he should be fired...just saying he shouldnt be praised eithe as some cb whisperer. He is still in the evaluating period for me coaching wise... as a recruiter i know what he is...i just get tired of seeing the...well " rumph gonna coach him up" talk on here to justify consistently striking out on elite cbs..meanwhile we are in the cb breeding ground.

Me personally i think we do have deadweight coaches on defense. We have 2 db coaches and 3 LB coaches...and no 1 that can really coach up a special teams unit be damned. Considering we gave out scholarships to a kicker and punter and ended both seasons with walk ons kicking and punting. That's just my way of thinking though.

Ivey took some unnecessary critisizm on this site after a tough stretch. (UVA and GT) Warranted or not. But he has definitely bounced back and kudos to Rumph for sticking with him.

I agree I am one of the "rumph gonna coach them up" guys because what other choices do we have this point? (I know, recruit better) But we could fire him and bring in an ace recruiter to replace Rumph but one who isn't has good of a coach.

I don't know. As you know I am a Rumph defender because I just see so much long term potential with him. And he loves UM so I dont see him leaving. He hasn't really had a chance to recruit when the cards on in his favor. (winning team, etc) The guy can coach. Unfortunately, he cant recruit. Smh.

LOL. Everyone knows that. (Well, at least Rumph does. Bandy got Gurvan Hall and Bubba Bolden and Keontra Smith. Not sure I put him on the same level)

How is this some secret truth?

Ill say it again, SFields sucks at recruiting and is a bad coach. Still has his job. Patke is a decent ST coach and sucks at recruiting. Still has his job.

You don't fire coaches based off their ability to not recruit very well if they are a **** good coach. Rumph is a **** good coach.
I see your view if I sit in your shoes and value superior coaching.....Im a recruiting guy so I view it differently then u do. Like I'll take an ok average coach and a savage recruiter in sfla over and terrible recruit and good developer. That's just me because u can't make **** into chicken soup but u can disguise bad soup if it has all the ingredients. That's just my take I respect your view though and can see how u view it. I just value recruiting over all cause.... I'm in the opinion of that's when we were at our best when we had the best players....and that was proven when they hit the NFL that they were the very best. Cause people have a delusion that we never got the best when there is evidence that we did.

This is so much facts this is exactly what I believe....the same thoughts in your post is the same **** I internally scream about inside.

Rumph and Banda are terrible recruiters and the staff is poor evaluators of talent.

That is what happened.

The talent we have at DB - while fine - is what we'd get at this position group without trying. DBs grow on trees in South Florida. Its pretty easy to get this level of talent here.

Advertisement
Back