Where the **** is the CB recruiting?

Any db group Would be toasted without pressure, it’s literally common sense...

Obviously if you generate zero pressure throughout the course of a game, the opposing WR's will eventually create separation. But even in some of the games where our D-line played well, our secondary was picked apart.

I know this came before Diaz took over the reigns on defense, but I can't get the UNC game out of my head: 4 sacks and 10 total TFL, yet Sam Howell goes 16/24 for 274 and 2TD's.

I also understand our corners (other than Bandy) are young and have been coached up well this season, but I personally think Rumph should be canned if he cannot prove to be a competent recruiter. Same with Banda.

Advertisement
Rumph and Banda are terrible recruiters and the staff is poor evaluators of talent.

That is what happened.

The talent we have at DB - while fine - is what we'd get at this position group without trying. DBs grow on trees in South Florida. Its pretty easy to get this level of talent here.
No it’s not because we didn’t get nearly the talent we have now at db in the last 3 classes . Now some of those guys we took with golden ended up being nfl guys but it wasn’t like this in terms of star quality at least(there were a few though elder, burns, Howard and bush)

You know these are all your minions on here. LOL.

Naw B. lol.

That's Prop Joe from the Eastside.

I just want these guys to finish out with a good recruiting class. Yearly like clockwork as it gets close to Thanksgiving and CROOTING kicks up....our coaches are usually stumbling bumbling around like a tourist on collins looking for a hit, a hooker, a uber, anything b4 early signing day.

Its no rhyme or reason to our recruiting on defense honestly...i dont know how they recruit LBs..and at DBs they offer guys, pull offers...dont offer others...sh*t is strange. lol

Like on offense i atleast know what type of OL Barry likes or is after. Enos has a qb type. Manny's unit on D....not so much

Obviously if you generate zero pressure throughout the course of a game, the opposing WR's will eventually create separation. But even in some of the games where our D-line played well, our secondary was picked apart.

I know this came before Diaz took over the reigns on defense, but I can't get the UNC game out of my head: 4 sacks and 10 total TFL, yet Sam Howell goes 16/24 for 274 and 2TD's.

I also understand our corners (other than Bandy) are young and have been coached up well this season, but I personally think Rumph should be canned if he cannot prove to be a competent recruiter. Same with Banda.
Defense was different earlier on in the season. Trevon hill and greg Rousseau each played less than 20 snaps that game. It was an off day for some of the dbs though no question about it. My thing is if we are going to miss at cb or safety like we do we might as well have 1 db coach at this point... and ill Take rumph

Defense was different earlier on in the season. Trevon hill and greg Rousseau each played less than 20 snaps that game. It was an off day for some of the dbs though no question about it. My thing is if we are going to miss at cb or safety like we do we might as well have 1 db coach at this point... and ill Take rumph

I think we should fire one, and bring someone with a little more recruiting juice as well as experience.

Rumph is not annoying, he just can't sell...I'd probably be get along and have a beer with rump bc I don't like salesman. Unfortunately, these easily duped kids don't see it that way. I thought Rumph would do well recruiting, I can't fathom that he isn't at least okay at it. The one thing he did that was corny as well is jumping around and celebrating and then putting it on twitter him jumping and celebrating when C.Williams singed with UM...The whole world by then knew he was going to UM, he wasn't able to go Bama, and it was questionable whether LSU would still take him...And Rumph looked like a cuck jumping and celebrating.

Banda on the other hand is 100% super annoying

Get rid of one of them, please.

Advertisement
I think we should fire one, and bring someone with a little more recruiting juice as well as experience.

Rumph is not annoying, he just can't sell...I'd probably be get along and have a beer with rump bc I don't like salesman. Unfortunately, these easily duped kids don't see it that way. I thought Rumph would do well recruiting, I can't fathom that he isn't at least okay at it. The one thing he did that was corny as well is jumping around and celebrating and then putting it on twitter him jumping and celebrating when C.Williams singed with UM...The whole world by then knew he was going to UM, he wasn't able to go Bama, and it was questionable whether LSU would still take him...And Rumph looked like a cuck jumping and celebrating.

Banda on the other hand is 100% super annoying

Get rid of one of them, please.

Banda and it's not even a question...except we'll see where Manny's loyalties are if he decides to can Rumph instead (if there even are staff changes).

He never had to do it. He doesnt have the personality for it...and they read recruits wrong tooo many times. The funny part is alot of the older posters ont he board has followed recruiting or been around recruiting longer than our current coaches. But there are still people saying thye would defer to coaches on certain recruiting. All the misses Rumph or Banda had i personally saw wayyyy before they happened. Just simply from being around recruiting. For example.....I never watched Tyrique Stevenson or Jobe's highlights i just knew those kids werent coming.

Christian Williams last class was a nice pull. This class i would be ecstatic if they pulled Javier Morton out of Stephenson.

I thought he would have the personality, seeing as he coached kids down here. I knew hitting the trail would be something he'd be unaccustomed to, but year four and worthless? Didn't see that coming.

I thought he would have the personality, seeing as he coached kids down here. I knew hitting the trail would be something he'd be unaccustomed to, but year four and worthless? Didn't see that coming.

He coached for a short time on the high school level. He got kids from the USchool drop off and the group of kids he coached as youth league (Schwartz, Tyson Campbell, etc).And he coached those guys at a Private School. He never was a guy that had pull in Broward County or anything like that....as why kids were flocking to AH. I saw it coming and stated it when he was hired...that he wont have the cache people thought...unless he got the direct AH kids...and he didnt land those kids.

Now after the last class we seen an uptick..he got his first flip high quality type recruit. Maybe this year we see some of the same.

I see your view if I sit in your shoes and value superior coaching.....Im a recruiting guy so I view it differently then u do. Like I'll take an ok average coach and a savage recruiter in sfla over and terrible recruit and good developer. That's just me because u can't make **** into chicken soup but u can disguise bad soup if it has all the ingredients. That's just my take I respect your view though and can see how u view it. I just value recruiting over all cause.... I'm in the opinion of that's when we were at our best when we had the best players....and that was proven when they hit the NFL that they were the very best. Cause people have a delusion that we never got the best when there is evidence that we did.

I am all for giving your theory a shot. And hey, if Manny decides to fire Rumph one day due to his lack of recruiting ability, I wouldn't bat an eye as long as he had a plan. (your theory being ace recruiter, average coach is a start) But he best not miss. He already missed with Fields and Patke. I wasn't a fan of firing Hartley but I went fell in line like a good soldier. That swap is proving to be a fail so far.

(and depending on who you ask, Stubblefield too. Although I think hes also a good coach just might not be an ace recruiter by what we think a UM WR should look like. Just taking this from the "Fleming Decommitts..." thread)

Advertisement
Yall in play with this 2021 kid???

Lol, fux no... FSU lean & legacy.

Idk how he feels about FSU now that Taggart is gone, but he ain't coming here, that's for **** sure.

And even in the off chance we somehow got a foolish early commit from him, you could start the countdown on the decommit clock with this kid as soon as he made the announcement lol.

Kids should be wanting to play in this System, but none of them do... is rumphs personality really that bland? We need to go after kids like Kendall Dennis or Ethan Pouncey they’ve been on campus.

Pouncey and his bro are Gators. Kendall Dennis have any interest?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Could we go after this kid, not likely to end up at lsu as he just announced his recruitment was open.
D4F91116-F7A3-4003-82D5-02ABEB77265D.jpeg

779674B3-5D94-4FD8-8E59-BADF832124DD.png

I think you have to take Delancy...LCE or others may have more info, but I can't see how forcing out Fleming and jerking Delancey at the last minute with a fake offer helps things at your most important feeder school...Especially what they got in next year's class, all UM is involved with heavily.

It's pretty obvious a few things. Absolutely NOBODY on this site knows who all were recruiting in the open and behind the scenes. That's fact. We will finish out the season with two impressive wins and finish the bowl game with another W. Lots of momentum. We will be fine. There will be juco, high school and portal guys available. Zero worries with Manny as head coach
Still feeling this way, buddy?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back