Where is the love for our S&C program?

You’re basically admitting that we’ve “improved” from really bad games we’ve played earlier this season. So what?

Yeah, when we struggled against CMU and lost to GT, it was hard for things to not get better from there. Some people seriously want to compliment Manny because of that.
when you consider the oline..yes, the staff deserves credit for that

Advertisement
Before they played us, Pitt played Virginia, Ohio, Penn State, UCF, Delaware, Duke, and Syracuse.

For perspective, at that same point Alabama had played Duke, New Mexico State, South Carolina, Southern Missississippi, Mississippi, Texas A&M, Tennessee, and Arkansas.

Honestly, not much of a difference in level of competition.
R u serious? That schedule they had is hot garbage. The toughest they had was PSU have u seen that over rated squad? They have no QB at all it's why they are terrible he's Malik without wheels. USC Miss TAMU I would say at least has NFL type OLines I'm sure there are better prospects. And Bama has always proved itself on the eye test.....so your saying that if Pitt and that vaunted DL had played bama they would get sacks? They would get two max or zero.....my goodness lol. End of discussion....I'm sorry I just cant with some of u guys.

Ok so Pitt had more sacks then bama LSU MIAM going into that game. Tell me who has a better pass rush?
C'mon man we have a better pass rush....bama does and LSU I don't care about what number say. That's like saying we lead the nation in TFL then play Wisconsin (real comp) and get bodied with like two TFL's. Stop with the stat pumping it doesn't tell the whole story

U win I surrender Pitts dl is bombarded with pro bowlers

Very few, if any, soft tissue injuries is commendable. Many factors in this but it's a good sign.

Lol getting rid of a two year head coach who has shown improvement weekly???? Seriously.
Winning games when they no longer count is not improvement. It is like taking home the hottest chick LEFT in the bar at closing. The sun comes up and you shoot yourself.

Advertisement
S & C deserves credit because in addition to looking better, we also have not had any serious injuries (knock as much wood as can be found). Now my comment shouldn’t be interpreted as making the equivalency between the S & C program and injuries like acl’s, hamstrings, etc. but when we do have this injuries, people are very quick to blame the strength program. So either the S & C program helps prevent injuries (great job this year), or it is irrelevant and will remain irrelevant even when the injuries resurface as they will based on the law of averages.

UF had that one Dlineman who was like Thanos on every play fsu didn't have that guy IMO. I agree JW has a better clock cause his first game wasn't vs Thanos. He was like a young Spiderman and his first villain to catch was Thanos. He should be catching bodega burglars but nah they threw him to Thanos.

This is a good analogy.

The entire offense got thrown to the wolves before they were ready.

Grantham was terrified of the deep ball and played really soft on the field side. They pressed most plays on the boundary for a cover 6 type look. Occasionally he would press both outside receivers but the slot was almost always facing a safety in off coverage.

The team that marched down the field on the opening possession is who we really are. Took Enos half a season to accept this and gameplan accordingly . Should have been fixed at halftime of the UF game.

Expecting too much of his freshmen too soon really set us back this season. I am praying he has seen the light. I don’t mind the under center stuff, I really like it but the way he calls those plays baffles me.

We hit Pope for an easy gain on a three step drop from under center. It got 6 or 7 yards and I can’t recall us doing it since this season. It has been there almost every game throughout the game.

If Enos can get it right and keep it right, our guys will be the ones playing like super heroes.

Advertisement
This is a good analogy.

The entire offense got thrown to the wolves before they were ready.

Grantham was terrified of the deep ball and played really soft on the field side. They pressed most plays on the boundary for a cover 6 type look. Occasionally he would press both outside receivers but the slot was almost always facing a safety in off coverage.

The team that marched down the field on the opening possession is who we really are. Took Enos half a season to accept this and gameplan accordingly . Should have been fixed at halftime of the UF game.

Expecting too much of his freshmen too soon really set us back this season. I am praying he has seen the light. I don’t mind the under center stuff, I really like it but the way he calls those plays baffles me.

We hit Pope for an easy gain on a three step drop from under center. It got 6 or 7 yards and I can’t recall us doing it since this season. It has been there almost every game throughout the game.

If Enos can get it right and keep it right, our guys will be the ones playing like super heroes.
I feel sort of the same way but if we lose to Duke or the bowl game it will be bad and we will throw this win streak out the window as fans and question the losses. Especially if the offense is brutal in the Duke and bowl game.

He is home smirking at suckers after getting enough money to pay his electric bill a few months
Come on Swampcooter, do you think he’s a thief? Nick’s just mad as **** and he’s not gonna take it anymore.

I think the physicality of the schedule isn't the same as it was earlier in the year. That OL we have wouldn't be able to stop what UF did if we played them again. They have improved but it's because of schedule as well as improvement....it's a mixture of both.
Player Hater Of The Year GIF - Player Playa YoureAPlayer GIFs

Advertisement
LMFAO!! You read one thread by me about Myles Garret and assumed I use the term Alpha male on a regular basis. The fact that you don't even have the reading comprehension to realize I wasn't the one to first use the term and was only using it because someone else brought it up, tells me everything I need to know about your intelligence level.

And ***** slap? Are you kidding? That is a term used on a regular basis in my city.

I’m from New York and girls say it all the time it’s just local lingo

Advertisement
We have the potential to be very good on the Oline next year. The entire 2 deep returns (Donaldson should), another off season in the O system, and another off season with Feely.

Not to mention the Dline next year. We should be very good on both sides.

Advertisement
Back