Where is everyone staying in Orlando for the game

Advertisement
Kissimmee and I-drive are two very different area's my friend. Not to mention 10 to 15 miles apart.

People need to do their research and not fall victim to the bullcrap tourism marketing put out there. That **** Irks me when unsuspecting people come to Orlando and end up in. Kissimmee on the crap end of SR 192.

For the spring game and the kickoff classic stay no farther south than I drive ( with the exception of Disney Hotels)

Go Canes

I know they are. I live here. I missed a comma to separate the two.

Somewhere in pine hills I hear it's nice there. Walking distance to camping world stadium too!

Oh yeah the news anchor most definitely could have gotten it all night AN into the morning back in my single days.

Go Canes

Haven’t been to Ravenous pig. Always pass it going to the movies in WP. Couple cool spots my way in Baldwin Park.

Baldwin Parks chocolate shop: Ferris and Foster for gourmet chocolate making date night with a bottle of nice dessert wine will get you serviced by you date on the way home every time. Make reservations it's on Fridays they have two 1 hour sessions where you make you r own chocolate, the ladies love that stuff, an FnF allows you to bring your own wine, they run the lights for added atmosphere. My UM Brethren let me tell you, between the venue, the smells, the tactical sensation of making the warm candy, and the wine your lady will be ready to Go before you leave the place. Hence why you will get to notch Becky services on the way home, drive safely my Cane brothers. Spend a little money (about $75) and you'll get some good honey.

Go Canes

Last edited:
I know they are. I live here. I missed a comma to separate the two.

Boriqua Vive Libres omg do you know how much luvin i got from BVL Latinas back in the day. I remember there was this hole in the wall chicken place next to a barbershop and bodega off of boggy creek (now Simpson rd). An we used to get arepa's from a food truck on obt across from McDonald's that had the latin night club behind it by far dealerships. See you got me reminiscing about Kissimmee.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Boriqua Vive Libres omg do you know how much luvin i got from BVL Latinas back in the day. I remember there was this hole in the wall chicken place next to a barbershop and bodega off of boggy creek (now Simpson rd). An we used to get arepa's from a food truck on obt across from McDonald's that had the latin night club behind it by far dealerships. See you got me reminiscing about Kissimmee.

Go Canes

What I got from all this is that you used to frequent a gloryhole in a chicken place.

Somewhere in pine hills I hear it's nice there. Walking distance to camping world stadium too!
Face good in pine hills, no lie I might be there (ANF be bustin) or in Sanford with some fam if I don’t stay home in Tampa lol.

What I got from all this is that you used to frequent a gloryhole in a chicken place.

Not quite when I would visit some of my lady friends I used to get chicken takeout from a small food place in Buena Ventura lakes ( a section of Kissimmee fl that is 95% Hispanic). There is such a large Puerto Rican population there, they nicknamed the area Boricua vive libre aka Puerto Ricans living free.

Go Canes

Not quite when I would visit some of my lady friends I used to get chicken takeout from a small food place in Buena Ventura lakes ( a section of Kissimmee fl that is 95% Hispanic). There is such a large Puerto Rican population there, they nicknamed the area Boricua vive libre aka Puerto Ricans living free.

Go Canes

Hope you get the red beans and rice with your order. 😉

Advertisement
Baldwin Parks chocolate shop: Ferris and Foster for gourmet chocolate making date night with a bottle of nice dessert wine will get you serviced by you date on the way home every time. Make reservations it's on Fridays they have two 1 hour sessions where you make you r own chocolate, the ladies love that ****, an FnF allows you to bring your own wine, they run the lights for added atmosphere. Brothers let me tell you, between the venue, the smells, the tactical sensation of making the warm candy, and the wine your lady will ready to Go before you leave the place. Hence why you will get to notch Becky services on the way home, drive safely my Cane brothers.

Go Canes

Dang great endorsement son. Love your phrase "tactical sensation" (y)

Well I live in the lovely city of St Cloud.... moved to Kissimmee in 1983 from Windemere/ Gotha area. I have no love for this place but I own 5 big buildings in Osceola County so it’s easy to get to my property. Downtown has had a facelift especially around the new Dr Phillips Center and Thornton Park area... but guys stay off OBT area.. not really safe. I drive is ok , but nearer Disney or Universal is so much better.

OBT and Church

Church and Central are going to be a part of the bus loop between the Stadium and the old police department site. He'll be better off waiting at South (new police department) or Washington, the Uber drivers will have better access.

There's a Popeye's on OBT & Washington. He can get a 2-piece while he waits for the Uber.

That Citrus Bowl website is telling people to go to Westmoreland...might as well just walk back to the Arena/Church Street.

Traffic in Orlando is like the biggest nightmare. Every City road , bypass, street is under construction... Osceola County being one of fasting growing Cities in Florida has every road under construction, complete nightmare. Stay away as you will anyway.

Advertisement
Heck they haven’t even placed parking on sale, they tell you all sold out. But after talking to the director of Fl Citrus Association, she said no sale has happened. So watch out if you buy them online.

Advertisement
Who could blame them...Downtown Orlando is Trash....nothing but seedy Bars now...and a few eateries....Far cry from the Church St days (84-94)....I retire next yr....House goes up for Sale next November...then moving to SW Fl....

Come on, man. You know I'm not mad at you, but this "trash" stuff has got to stop. I know you've got experience and all, but you clearly haven't been going downtown in quite a while. And I'm not even acting like a young kid, I'm not as old as you, but I'm not young either.

Latitudes (rooftop bar)/Big Belly Brewery/Chillers...Ace Cafe...Lion's Pride...Schumann's...Harry Buffalo...Grand Bohemian...Ember...Hanson's Shoe Repair (speakeasy)...Harp & Celt...Wall Street (multiple spots)...Joystick...Avenue/Underground/Downtown PourHouse (all across the street from one another)...Chela...Tanquerays (same spot for 30 years)...Orange County Brewers (now serving Pizza Bruno)...Hamburger Mary's (had to include a spot for NYStateofMind)...all the V places like Vyce (same ownership)...and, yes, Corona Cigar Bar...

And that's only about half the places, those are just the ones I can name off the top of my head, not a "seedy bar" in the whole bunch, and all of which I have been within the last year or two. And all within a few blocks of each other, to the east and west of Orange Avenue.

I understand moving to SW FL after retirement (I used to live down there, still visit friends frequently), and outside of downtown Naples, the entire place is dead, from Punta Gorda to Marco.

Spend the next year rediscovering downtown Orlando. It's nothing like you remember.

Last edited:
Come on, man. You know I'm not mad at you, but this "trash" stuff has got to stop. I know you've got experience and all, but you clearly haven't been going downtown in quite a while. And I'm not even acting like a young kid, I'm not as old as you, but I'm not young either.

Latitudes (rooftop bar)/Big Belly Brewery/Chillers...Ace Cafe...Lion's Pride...Harry Buffalo...Grand Bohemian...Ember...Hanson's Shoe Repair (speakeasy)...Harp & Celt...Wall Street (multiple spots)...Joystick...Avenue/Underground/Downtown PourHouse (all across the street from one another)...Chela...Tanquerays (same spot for 30 years)...Orange County Brewers (now serving Pizza Bruno)...Hamburger Mary's (had to include a spot for NYStateofMind)...all the V places like Vyce (same ownership)...and, yes, Corona Cigar Bar...

And that's only about half the places, those are just the ones I can name off the top of my head, not a "seedy bar" in the whole bunch, and all of which I have been within the last year or two. And all within a few blocks of each other, to the east and west of Orange Avenue.

I understand moving to SW FL after retirement (I used to live down there, still visit friends frequently), and outside of downtown Naples, the entire place is dead, from Punta Gorda to Marco.

Spend the next year rediscovering downtown Orlando. It's nothing like you remember.
Yep I lived downtown orlando for the last year and a half before moving up to Ohio in August
its a step up compared to many other metropolitan areas.

Charlotte, Cleveland, Tampa, etc other similar size markets I've lived in are dirty, more expensive, and less to do imo

Orlando is an awesome City to live. Cost of living isn't too high and plenty to do at all times
Calling it a city is a real stretch. Choosing to live in Florida and not in a place on the water seems to defeat the entire purpose of living in Florida to begin with.

Advertisement
Back