Where is everyone staying in Orlando for the game

Calling it a city is a real stretch. Choosing to live in Florida and not in a place on the water seems to defeat the entire purpose of living in Florida to begin with.
What would you define the word "city" to be ?

I prefer to live 50 mins from the beach and not on it where housing is double and everything is run down and filled with beach bums personally

Advertisement
What would you define the word "city" to be ?

I prefer to live 50 mins from the beach and not on it where housing is double and everything is run down and filled with beach bums personally
A city needs to look like a city to start with. You know, they have these tall things called high rises, mass transit, pro sports, . Orlando is basically a giant suburb. Everything is in a strip mall. Want to go to an Irish pub, strip mall, nice restaurant, strip mall. Everything is fake.

Calling it a city is a real stretch. Choosing to live in Florida and not in a place on the water seems to defeat the entire purpose of living in Florida to begin with.

Ridiculous comment. There's a ton of inland water in Orlando, lots of lakes and rivers. Lots of people in Coral Gables live on canals. Did you actually think before you posted?

A city needs to look like a city to start with. You know, they have these tall things called high rises, mass transit, pro sports, . Orlando is basically a giant suburb. Everything is in a strip mall. Want to go to an Irish pub, strip mall, nice restaurant, strip mall. Everything is fake.

Another stupid post. You clearly don't know anything about Orlando.

Just go to Harp & Celt. Not in a strip mall.

Go to Kres Chophouse. Not in a strip mall.

Post less.

Ridiculous comment. There's a ton of inland water in Orlando, lots of lakes and rivers. Lots of people in Coral Gables live on canals. Did you actually think before you posted?
I am talking about a city on the water in Florida vs a city not on the water. And by water I mean ocean. You know that big thing that surrounds the entire state? I am not talking about a canal vs. a lake in your back yard. Reading comprehension, try it.

Advertisement

Post less.
Ok, wow, you have one of each. I guess you're a city now, I was wrong. Look out Chicago, Orlando com'n for you!

Come on, man. You know I'm not mad at you, but this "trash" stuff has got to stop. I know you've got experience and all, but you clearly haven't been going downtown in quite a while. And I'm not even acting like a young kid, I'm not as old as you, but I'm not young either.

Latitudes (rooftop bar)/Big Belly Brewery/Chillers...Ace Cafe...Lion's Pride...Schumann's...Harry Buffalo...Grand Bohemian...Ember...Hanson's Shoe Repair (speakeasy)...Harp & Celt...Wall Street (multiple spots)...Joystick...Avenue/Underground/Downtown PourHouse (all across the street from one another)...Chela...Tanquerays (same spot for 30 years)...Orange County Brewers (now serving Pizza Bruno)...Hamburger Mary's (had to include a spot for NYStateofMind)...all the V places like Vyce (same ownership)...and, yes, Corona Cigar Bar...

And that's only about half the places, those are just the ones I can name off the top of my head, not a "seedy bar" in the whole bunch, and all of which I have been within the last year or two. And all within a few blocks of each other, to the east and west of Orange Avenue.

I understand moving to SW FL after retirement (I used to live down there, still visit friends frequently), and outside of downtown Naples, the entire place is dead, from Punta Gorda to Marco.

Spend the next year rediscovering downtown Orlando. It's nothing like you remember.
My man....I own a home 2blks east of Downtown (Livingston St)....I know Downtown like the back of my hand (lived here 1991-1992...2001- Present....

I am talking about a city on the water in Florida vs a city not on the water. And by water I mean ocean. You know that big thing that surrounds the entire state? I am not talking about a canal vs. a lake in your back yard. Reading comprehension, try it.

You're behaving like a buffoon. That's just truth. Don't blame me because you weren't specific.

I can get to the beach just as quickly as someone from Weston or Wellington can.

Advertisement
Baldwin Parks chocolate shop: Ferris and Foster for gourmet chocolate making date night with a bottle of nice dessert wine will get you serviced by you date on the way home every time. Make reservations it's on Fridays they have two 1 hour sessions where you make you r own chocolate, the ladies love that stuff, an FnF allows you to bring your own wine, they run the lights for added atmosphere. My UM Brethren let me tell you, between the venue, the smells, the tactical sensation of making the warm candy, and the wine your lady will be ready to Go before you leave the place. Hence why you will get to notch Becky services on the way home, drive safely my Cane brothers. Spend a little money (about $75) and you'll get some good honey.

Go Canes

$75?!
I bought a 4-for-4 for a Pompano chick last night and got the same service!

You do realize that Orlando has both high rises in the downtown area and professional sports teams, rights? You surely don't have to like Orlando, but saying it is not a city is dumb AF.

Come on, man. You know I'm not mad at you, but this "trash" stuff has got to stop. I know you've got experience and all, but you clearly haven't been going downtown in quite a while. And I'm not even acting like a young kid, I'm not as old as you, but I'm not young either.

Latitudes (rooftop bar)/Big Belly Brewery/Chillers...Ace Cafe...Lion's Pride...Schumann's...Harry Buffalo...Grand Bohemian...Ember...Hanson's Shoe Repair (speakeasy)...Harp & Celt...Wall Street (multiple spots)...Joystick...Avenue/Underground/Downtown PourHouse (all across the street from one another)...Chela...Tanquerays (same spot for 30 years)...Orange County Brewers (now serving Pizza Bruno)...Hamburger Mary's (had to include a spot for NYStateofMind)...all the V places like Vyce (same ownership)...and, yes, Corona Cigar Bar...

And that's only about half the places, those are just the ones I can name off the top of my head, not a "seedy bar" in the whole bunch, and all of which I have been within the last year or two. And all within a few blocks of each other, to the east and west of Orange Avenue.

I understand moving to SW FL after retirement (I used to live down there, still visit friends frequently), and outside of downtown Naples, the entire place is dead, from Punta Gorda to Marco.

Spend the next year rediscovering downtown Orlando. It's nothing like you remember.

I don't get the hate for Orlando. I visit there at least 5 times per year for various reasons. Nothing about down Orlando is "seedy". I think it's pretty nice actually. I always considered it a young, diverse, growing city.

Advertisement
And what's with the large Puerto Rican transplant population in Orlando?
My tinder goes ape **** with Boricua love every time I'm in town. I was at the Wyndom (on I-Drive) for the Nike Coaching Clinic last weekend. I went out with 2 different Boricuas from NY/NJ on Saturday night. (back-to-back dates, which is probably why I'm sick this week ::cough::)

I ain't complaining, that's for sure. Love me some Boricuas and Dominicanas, and they love Machote. After last year's Nike Clinic a few coaches and I ventured into that Mangos on I-Drive. LAWD!!! :love:
Grande culos and long dark hair everywhere!

You do realize that Orlando has both high rises in the downtown area and professional sports teams, rights? You surely don't have to like Orlando, but saying it is not a city is dumb AF.
Those are mid rises at most sir. Most big suburbs have them.

I grew up in the shadow of New York city (20 mins outside the city) and I can tell you 100% Orlando is a city in my experience. Albeit a medium sized city but none the less Metropolitan Orlando gets it done.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Those are mid rises at most sir. Most big suburbs have them.

What kind of dipsh!te argues over high-rises vs. mid-rises?

If you are so desperate to rank Florida cities by high-rises, it goes 1) Miami, 2) Tampa, 3) Jacksonville, 4) Orlando-Ft. Lauderdale (basically a dead heat).

Florida is the third-largest state in the US. We are allowed to have more than 5 major cities.

Orlando is the twenty-third-largest metropolitan area in the US, and the third-largest in Florida. Miami-Ft. Lauderdale-West Palm gets to aggregate 3 huge cities in 3 counties. Tampa-St. Pete-Clearwater gets to aggregate 3 huge cities in 2 counties. Orlando aggregates with...Kissimmee and Sanford, and it's still only 5 spots behind Tampa-St. Pete-Clearwater.

Orlando is also the fastest-growing Top 30 metropolitan area since the 2010 census.

But, sure, it's all just mid-rises and suburbs...

$75?!
I bought a 4-for-4 for a Pompano chick last night and got the same service!

giphy.gif

Go Canes

Post less.

Lizzy McCormacks (went there after OCSC games with some guys who are in the Iron Lion Firm, one of there post game places)

Fiddlers Green, even though its in Winter Park.

I am guessing he thinks there are just Fado's everywhere in Orlando or something.

What kind of dipsh!te argues over high-rises vs. mid-rises?

If you are so desperate to rank Florida cities by high-rises, it goes 1) Miami, 2) Tampa, 3) Jacksonville, 4) Orlando-Ft. Lauderdale (basically a dead heat).

Florida is the third-largest state in the US. We are allowed to have more than 5 major cities.

Orlando is the twenty-third-largest metropolitan area in the US, and the third-largest in Florida. Miami-Ft. Lauderdale-West Palm gets to aggregate 3 huge cities in 3 counties. Tampa-St. Pete-Clearwater gets to aggregate 3 huge cities in 2 counties. Orlando aggregates with...Kissimmee and Sanford, and it's still only 5 spots behind Tampa-St. Pete-Clearwater.

Orlando is also the fastest-growing Top 30 metropolitan area since the 2010 census.

But, sure, it's all just mid-rises and suburbs...
LOL at reading off statistics. Wow this place is so easy to rustle. I can't even imagine what most of you are like in real life.

Advertisement
Back