Where are the LBs?

That's the reason why Chase Smith is sitting on the sideline. Diaz has no idea what talent looks like. I want people to understand that the problems we have are not going away. Its a built in problem. Diaz is as inept as they come. We should never have to be deficient at any position, except maybe OL and QB. Its a farce created by Diaz and his underlins ineptitude. Fire him now

BTW I pointed out how inept Diaz is to have had 2 4 year starters at LB and in that time could not recruit or develop a single viable replacement when they left. That alone is a big flashing red light

Advertisement
sad black and white GIF

Mood when you see that list 🤦‍♂️

Advertisement
Advertisement
Unless your a DE, Ive come to the conclusion that it doesn’t matter in this scheme. I firmly believe those players wouldn’t be as good here
Bullsh*t. How many times a game do you see a guy in position to make a TFL or tackle for a short gain and they just whiff or bounce off and take the wrong gap? Sh*t how many times a drive?? No it's not a great scheme but it would look a lot better with competent LBs.

Advertisement
LB'ers aren't the problem, it's Manny's defense.
Lol this cracks me the f- up. You think Dabo turns Jennings into a legit P5 LB? Or Flagg sees the field for him? Or Steed, as much as I admire the kid? How about Brooks? Does Venables's magic heal his busted *** toe? We. Don't. Have. Talent.

Bullsh*t. How many times a game do you see a guy in position to make a TFL or tackle for a short gain and they just whiff or bounce off and take the wrong gap? Sh*t how many times a drive?? No it's not a great scheme but it would look a lot better with competent LBs.
Aye man tell yourself whatever you like. I've seen enough guys coached up by Diaz to be skeptical on LB's in his scheme

Lol this cracks me the f- up. You think Dabo turns Jennings into a legit P5 LB? Or Flagg sees the field for him? Or Steed, as much as I admire the kid? How about Brooks? Does Venables's magic heal his busted *** toe? We. Don't. Have. Talent.
It’s both, if Manny was able to teach these kids proper tackling technique, gap control, and had a scheme that allowed the LBs to attack and not react the position would look a lot better. Yes we do not have the athletes we want but Manny can’t even coach them up to be great at the littles things to help them reach there max potential.

Advertisement
It’s both, if Manny was able to teach these kids proper tackling technique, gap control, and had a scheme that allowed the LBs to attack and not react the position would look a lot better. Yes we do not have the athletes we want but Manny can’t even coach them up to be great at the littles things to help them reach there max potential.
Yes with better coaching they'd be marginally better. But you can't coach athletic twitch, instincts, and natural strength. We have very little of that at the position.

Aye man tell yourself whatever you like. I've seen enough guys coached up by Diaz to be skeptical on LB's in his scheme
Ok but that doesn't address any of my points. I don't see Jennings bounce off guys like he's made of rubber or Steed pick a wrong gap and plow into a DTs *** and think "wow, there's a real scheme problem here."

We have guys with physical ability and similar traits to the guys D$ mentioned. Guys like Brooks, Huff, TAC and even McCloud should, in theory, produce at the same level as all the guys mentioned.

The problem is we don't develop **** here. Nobody gets better in their time at Miami. McCloud looked best as a true freshman. How has he not produced more than he has here? Why the **** do we continue to trot out Bradley Jennings when more athletic players are sitting behind him? Yes, evaluations are a problem but development is nonexistent.

Advertisement
Back