Whats our record

Advertisement
That’s not true. UNC outrecruited us in 2022 and 2020. We outrecruited them in 2019 and 2021. But our classes have been neck-and-neck the past 4 years. They are dangerous, even without Howell. And Pitt, outside of Pickett, returns their entire roster. But they replace Pickett with Slovis, who is no slouch.

People thinking we’re ready to destroy the Coastal need to update their expectations. We don’t have the talent in the trenches yet. The portal could help, but right now we’re looking at an 8-4/9-3 type season. With that said, the goal should be to win our division and beat FSU.
5446A824-752B-42CF-9F7D-C62439B75AE5.png

Sometimes pictures are better than words. Miami has the 2nd best talented roster in the ACC! Again, I ask… who in the ACC has the talent in the trenches that Miami can compete with??? I really think you all are thinking of the Bamas, UGAs, and OSU when yall make comments like that. Not GT, VT, Duke, UVA, FSU, or UNC. For goodness sake, Corey Gaynor will be starting at UNC.

Last edited:
View attachment 178245

Sometimes pictures are better than words. Miami has the 2nd best talented roster in the ACC! Again, I ask… who in the ACC has the talent in the trenches that Miami can compete with??? I really think you all are thinking of the Bamas, UGAs, and OSU when yall make comments like that. Not GT, VT, Duke, Middle Tennessee, UVA, FSU, Southern Miss, or UNC. For goodness sake, Corey Gaynor will be starting at UNC.
Putting words in my mouth. I never insinuated that we’re less talented than UNC, but there isn’t an immense talent disparity between us.

People are acting like we should steamroll every Coastal team. That’s just not realistic.

We don’t have Bama-level talent. We are marginally more talented than a handful of ACC teams, which has been the case for over a decade, but that doesn’t automatically translate to wins.

Last edited:
Advertisement
So if we lose to clemson tamu and 2 close ones to say to Virginia or pitt(just an example) but we win the coastal and see clear improvements in our play and culture, go to the acc championship and a good bowl game, thats disappointing?

Im more focused on how we play and the process rather than the final record, not saying its ok if we just lose hella games but im not expecting these players to just show up as somebody else in 5 months, with adapting to a new culture,new offense,new defense, everything is different.
If we win the coastal with 3 losses fine but history has proven 5-3 will not win the division.

So I would be very disappointed if we go 5-3 in conference with this staff, this QB, and these skill players.

View attachment 178245

Sometimes pictures are better than words. Miami has the 2nd best talented roster in the ACC! Again, I ask… who in the ACC has the talent in the trenches that Miami can compete with??? I really think you all are thinking of the Bamas, UGAs, and OSU when yall make comments like that. Not GT, VT, Duke, UVA, FSU, or UNC. For goodness sake, Corey Gaynor will be starting at UNC.
So we are closer in talent to UNC and FSU than we are Clemson. Are those any of the words?

In their first full year
Lincoln Riley- Oklahoma - 12-2
Urban Meyer - OSU - 12-0
Jim McElwain - UF - 10-2 (regular season) lose in SEC CHAMPIONSHIP
Justin Fuente - VTech - 10-3 (regular season) lose in ACC CHAMPIONSHIP
Ryan Day - OSU - 13-1
Dan Mullen - UF - 10-3
Jimbo Fisher - FSU - 10-2 - lose in the ACC championship
The Oklahoma situation isn’t a fair comparison for a new HC because the previous HC wasn’t fired for bad results on the field, and the new HC was previously on the highly successful staff so he was familiar with the team, and had a smooth transition. Just had to continue on with the status quo to be successful.

Lincoln riley was the offensive coordinator for 2 years prior to taking over as HC after Stoops resigned. In those two years under Stoops as HC Oklahoma went 44-4 (11-2,11-2) and was loaded with talent. He basically had the same record as the coach before him on a team he was familiar with.

Ohio State is a similar difficult situation to compare since the Jim Tressel teams were LOADED with talent but he was removed not for poor results on the field but because he covered up recruiting violations. JT’s last year OSU was 12-1. In the year between his teams and Meyer’s, a young Luke Fickell led the team with poor results. They went 6-7 but were still loaded with talent.
Urban Meyer as much of a phony, gaslighting b***h that he is phenomenal X’s and O’s guy. His issue as a coach is that he runs on tiger’s blood for a few years and when his locker rooms realize he’s a lying loser he starts getting so anxious he needs to quit for heart issues. He pretty much guarantees short term success but won’t be around in the long run — pretty much the opposite of the approach Cristobal seems to be taking.
As Michigan’s HC, Jim Harblow said, “some guys got the key’s to a Maserati and think they built it from the ground up.” (Or something to the same effect). Ryan Day took over a position similar to Riley. I’m sure he’s a great coach and he hasn’t f’ed it up, but not a comparable situation to ours.

Mullen is similar to Meyer as a scheme genius but he won’t stick around because he isn’t a strong leader for the locker room nor is he a strong enough recruiter. Who cares if their first year is good if they suck in year 3 or 4?

McElwain and Fuente also have been fired from their posts, idk the details of their tenure’s but I don’t care to compare Mario to guys who aren’t still in their posts because what good is Year 1 success if they can’t continue it? We know Mario will be successful by stacking and evaluating talent (the Saban and Smart approach) and we have seen he is hiring elite position coaches and emphasizing a strength and condition program similar to Bama’s to make sure our players are improving YoY.

Jimbo won a natty and lost the locker room and his wife in the process during his tenure at Crab legs U. He left FSU in a terrible place and they’ve continued the problems with one corch after another. The positive of Cristobal is his players love him, he is a culture changer, and he is playing the long game.

Don’t care to compare him to guys that couldn’t stick around after a good first year or two if they left in disgrace or got their a$$es kicked out the back door.

Advertisement
The Oklahoma situation isn’t a fair comparison for a new HC because the previous HC wasn’t fired for bad results on the field, and the new HC was previously on the highly successful staff so he was familiar with the team, and had a smooth transition. Just had to continue on with the status quo to be successful.

Lincoln riley was the offensive coordinator for 2 years prior to taking over as HC after Stoops resigned. In those two years under Stoops as HC Oklahoma went 44-4 (11-2,11-2) and was loaded with talent. He basically had the same record as the coach before him on a team he was familiar with.

Ohio State is a similar difficult situation to compare since the Jim Tressel teams were LOADED with talent but he was removed not for poor results on the field but because he covered up recruiting violations. JT’s last year OSU was 12-1. In the year between his teams and Meyer’s, a young Luke Fickell led the team with poor results. They went 6-7 but were still loaded with talent.
Urban Meyer as much of a phony, gaslighting b***h that he is phenomenal X’s and O’s guy. His issue as a coach is that he runs on tiger’s blood for a few years and when his locker rooms realize he’s a lying loser he starts getting so anxious he needs to quit for heart issues. He pretty much guarantees short term success but won’t be around in the long run — pretty much the opposite of the approach Cristobal seems to be taking.
As Michigan’s HC, Jim Harblow said, “some guys got the key’s to a Maserati and think they built it from the ground up.” (Or something to the same effect). Ryan Day took over a position similar to Riley. I’m sure he’s a great coach and he hasn’t f’ed it up, but not a comparable situation to ours.

Mullen is similar to Meyer as a scheme genius but he won’t stick around because he isn’t a strong leader for the locker room nor is he a strong enough recruiter. Who cares if their first year is good if they suck in year 3 or 4?

McElwain and Fuente also have been fired from their posts, idk the details of their tenure’s but I don’t care to compare Mario to guys who aren’t still in their posts because what good is Year 1 success if they can’t continue it? We know Mario will be successful by stacking and evaluating talent (the Saban and Smart approach) and we have seen he is hiring elite position coaches and emphasizing a strength and condition program similar to Bama’s to make sure our players are improving YoY.

Jimbo won a natty and lost the locker room and his wife in the process during his tenure at Crab legs U. He left FSU in a terrible place and they’ve continued the problems with one corch after another. The positive of Cristobal is his players love him, he is a culture changer, and he is playing the long game.

Don’t care to compare him to guys that couldn’t stick around after a good first year or two if they left in disgrace or got their a$$es kicked out the back door.
We have talent but our guys have gone 28-21 in four years. Some of you guys need to keep in mind the train is moving in the right direction but we aren’t as talented as you think and it will take time to get there.

Last staff lost 4 games due to its incompetency.
We hear this every year. It reminds me of Enos introducing motion to an antiquated system. Just because there is a competent staff does not mean an instant 4 extra wins next season. Ultimately, the players are the ones that win and lose games, and Mario is largely working with Diaz’ players. Mack Brown has been recruiting well, and he’s a seasoned coach. I am not giving an auto win against UNC or comparable teams. This squad is perfectly capable of losing 4 games, even under Nick Saban’s staff or Georgia’s for that matter.

Herbert lost games cause those lines weren't fixed, if u cant pass rush or block u can lose any game. U have to be good up front to be consistent I dont care whos coaching.
OL played really good down the stretch but the DL is a big concern for me. LT needs help.

Advertisement
Bethune Cookman-win
Southermiss- win
@Texasa&m-loss
Middle tenn-win
North Carolina-win
@Vtech-win
Duke-win
@Virginia-win
FSU-Win
@ Gtech- win
@Clemson-loss
Pitt- win
Acc title game??
Bowl game??

10-2 Regular season and wait and see on the opponents for the acc title game and bowl game.

View attachment 178245

That picture is from last year.

We don’t know what it’ll be for 22 since it includes this year’s recruiting classes with which UNC’s class beat ours by a comfortable margin, and it’ll exclude guys who graduated.

after we get transfers in the next few months we could easily still be ahead of UNC, but UNC is close to us and Clemson is way ahead of us. We don’t have the talent advantage (yet) that gives us the wins people expect against the ACC or we’d have won more games in the last four years than the 28-21 we did win.

Attachments

• 6AC966B7-07AE-4228-A5F8-2C9CFF7C91C6.png
    6AC966B7-07AE-4228-A5F8-2C9CFF7C91C6.png
    724.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Know what. I’ll just reply to the comments ten months from now. Until then, I’m gone off this thread lol.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back