Whats our record

Next year? We have a hard schedule coming UP. What do all think.

Can't see beating aTm on road—and Clemson mid-November in a packed Death Valley won't be easy.

History also shows at least one play-down-to-the-competition type game in the ACC, too—even last year, corner looked to be turned and lost to a FSU team with six total wins dating back to the previous fall.

Have to get the North Carolina monkey off Miami's back on October 8th .... can't choke at Virginia or Virginia Tech, both of which are tougher outs for the Canes on the road over the years.

Really hoping for a 11-1 regular season—and think it's doable—but also realize that 10-2 more likely, with 9-3 absolutely in the realm of possibility if Miami loses the obviously ones (aTm, Clemson) and manages to **** another away.

Advertisement
Do not want to guess what our record will be but I will add, I think there will be major shake ups before the season starts. I’m curious what players get shifted around or flat out transfer. Also, these coaches are working on gelling while also implementing systems. Lots of moving parts. I really want to see a team that plays well, sound football. Plays tough and is tight knit.

I picked A&M and Clemson as losses but honestly neither team has a good QB so we can surprise them both.

Advertisement
Lots of negativity flying around here. We will see, when the time comes. PONCE, WHO is he?
tenor.gif

Better than last year aint saying much😂😂😂😂we mediocre in the trenches on both sides with questions at LB and CB u dont just overcome that in year 1 because u have a new scheme

And u just named our 2 best players on the dline last year lool so thats not a good point but i like the potential of the young guys like roberts,chantz and of course LT but none of them are proven we just hoping
Taylor will be greatly improved year 2. The kid from USC is every bit as productive as Silvera. Corner is the easy position for a true freshman to starts and having the kid from Mississippi on campus right now is significantly. Same with Kelly. As for linebackers, we have young guys will talent that got no looks with Patke and Diaz. I trust Strong and Steele to find 2 who can play at this level.

Advertisement
We hear this every year. It reminds me of Enos introducing motion to an antiquated system. Just because there is a competent staff does not mean an instant 4 extra wins next season. Ultimately, the players are the ones that win and lose games, and Mario is largely working with Diaz’ players. Mack Brown has been recruiting well, and he’s a seasoned coach. I am not giving an auto win against UNC or comparable teams. This squad is perfectly capable of losing 4 games, even under Nick Saban’s staff or Georgia’s for that matter.
Keep looking backwards. We are hiring Nunez. We are retaining Diaz. Why would Rad come here? Cristobal is indecisive. Oh my god, we lost TRob and BMac. Ponce is going to be the OC. Steele is headed to Auburn. Why would Strong take a position room? Blah, blah, blah. This program is not even in the same solar system as the one under Diaz.

Pitt lost a lot. Same with UNC. UVA and VPI turned over new staffs, and both are not very impressive. Clemson has a new staff and huge questions on offense.

With this staff and what will be in the portal after spring ball we should get the 4 to 6 kids we need.

Way too early to have dire results predictions.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Anyone settling for 8-4 or even 7-5 should stop following the team. We should be expecting 9-3 or 10-2 unless major injuries occur during the season.

I expect Cristobal and his staff to earn their salary and hit the portal to address any depth issues. Anything below 9-3 would be a failure.

I have us at 10-4 losing to both ATM and Clemson in addition to a random ACC team who will simply outscore us that day. I have us winning the Coastal then losing again to Clemson in the ACCCG then winning our bowl game. This prediction is our floor. Our ceiling is being a 12-2 ACC champion with a NY6 Bowl win.

Advertisement
Back