Whats our record

Mario’s long term goal is to get Miami to the point where they can just out talent everyone like Alabama. That’s great but they’re nowhere near that level now. The coordinators are going to have to earn their money by out scheming opponents.

Offensively, they’ve got a top ten QB and some skill talent but the line is still shaky and Rambo (who had more than double anyone else’s yards) isn’t there anymore. I expect improved line play and more balance but they’re going to have to set up the run with the pass still. These guys aren’t blowing good teams off the ball.

Defensively, they have a lot more work to do. Everyone cries about linebackers but cornerback is a much bigger concern for me. They were actually pretty decent against the run, especially in the second half of the year when the tackling got cleaned up but they couldn’t cover anyone man to man. Stevenson was solid but everyone else who played corner was a significant liability last year. I’m hoping Blades can return to the field. He’s another solid if unspectacular player who at least won’t get abused over and over like some of our other corners. We could definitely use transfer corner too because that spot opposite #2 is up for grabs for anyone to take. We’re going to need to be a little more creative in coverage and ask our linebackers to do more than just stand in a spot in pass defense. We need transfer help at all three levels if they’re going to get better defensively. Edge, MLB and Corner need someone

Advertisement
They also held UGA to 3 offensive points. Might have lost a lot of coaches but they hired within so I’m sure there will be little drop off and they are still by far the most talented team in the ACC.

We may win, but for anyone to pencil it in a sure thing is just being a homer, it would for sure be an upset if we win
They held UGA to 3 points in the first game of the year. Wonder how they would've faired in week 5 or 6? Never said I'd pencil it in as a sure thing. Just that it's also not a sure loss. Read the whole post.

Clemson defense is loaded with studs they should have a top three defense in the country.
We will see how much the loss of Brent Venables effects the defense this year. But, yeah they are loaded and should still be good. I also think their QB Uiagaleui, or whatever his name is, will be better this season.

I’m leaning towards 9-3 in the regular season, but I could very easily see us going 8-4 or 10-2. It all depends on what we get in the portal and how well TVD plays.

Advertisement
We just went 7-5 with Manny as coach where 3 of those losses were decided by 8 total points. I'm not going to make a prediction on wins but this team should be top 15 by years end.

We just went 7-5 with Manny as coach where 3 of those losses were decided by 8 total points. I'm not going to make a prediction on wins but this team should be top 15 by years end.
Bro we also won 4 games by one possession margins.

We had a lot of young guys so hopefully they take a step forward but I don’t really agree with the “we lost so many close games we can win those next year” argument since we won even more close ones that could’ve been loses.

Anyone settling for 8-4 or even 7-5 should stop following the team. We should be expecting 9-3 or 10-2 unless major injuries occur during the season.

I expect Cristobal and his staff to earn their salary and hit the portal to address any depth issues. Anything below 9-3 would be a failure.
Not impossible at 9-3 or better, but you might want to emotionally prepare yourself.

Advertisement

We had a lot of young guys so hopefully they take a step forward but I don’t really agree with the “we lost so many close games we can win those next year” argument since we won even more close ones that could’ve been loses.

Facts. We ar3e a good two full recrutiing classes away from being able to out-talent the Coastal. Even assuming we fill our weakest spots with quality portal players, 2022 will be a roll of the dice with several of the games we play. And we're a couple key injuries away from being 7-5 again. Our 2nd team and 3rd team talent is not even close to championship caliber in multiple position groups.

We don't play in the SEC. If you're talking about a Ga Tech close win last year becomes a loss with a this new coaching staff then I'm not buying it. There's no reason that Miami shouldn't be undefeated in the Coastal. I do think 9 wins is the absolute floor for this team.

We also beat….

App State by 2

NC State by 1

Pittsburgh by 4

Georgia Tech by 3

1645465409461.png

Advertisement
Also, when/if we do lose games, I’d like to see us at least be competitive against the tougher teams. These games against the Clemsons and Alabamas where the game is already over by halftime need to stop. I’d at least like to see Miami become a tough out.

BCC
Southern Miss
@TAMU
MTSU
UNC
@VT
Duke
@UVA
FSU
@GT
@Clemson
Pitt

On paper, we *should* be 10-2. We'll be deserved underdogs against Clem and TAMU. The next toughest battle will likely be @UVA (with their seemingly 7th year QB). They'll score. That'll be a battle but still a team that we likely have more talent than.

I think in all likelihood, the record is 9-3. Historically, this team has dropped a game or two or three it shouldn't have. In a vacuum, I'll say that Mario likely did a good coaching job if we're 9-3 and a fair coaching job if we're 8-4.

Advertisement
9-3
Undefeated at home.
9-3/6-2 =ACCCG.
Solid bowl win.
10-4 .
#12 finish.
Top 10 preseason '23.
Here we go.

09/03 (W) 58-10 Bethune Cookman
09/10 (W) 63-3 Southern Mississippi
09/17 (W) 28-24 Texas A&M
09/24 (W) 67-0 Middle Tennessee State
10/08 (W) 41-17 North Carolina
10/15 (W) 24-23 Virginia Tech
10/22 (W) 48-21 Duke
10/29 (W) 35-28 Virginia
11/05 (W) 48-17 Florida State
11/12 (W) 24-21 Georgia Tech
11/19 (L) 17-24 Clemson
11/26 (W) 35-14 Pittsburgh
12/03 (W) 35-31 Clemson (ACC Title Game)

National Championship Tournament
(L) 17-31 Georgia

Advertisement
Back