Whats our record

Mario’s long term goal is to get Miami to the point where they can just out talent everyone like Alabama. That’s great but they’re nowhere near that level now. The coordinators are going to have to earn their money by out scheming opponents.

Offensively, they’ve got a top ten QB and some skill talent but the line is still shaky and Rambo (who had more than double anyone else’s yards) isn’t there anymore. I expect improved line play and more balance but they’re going to have to set up the run with the pass still. These guys aren’t blowing good teams off the ball.

Defensively, they have a lot more work to do. Everyone cries about linebackers but cornerback is a much bigger concern for me. They were actually pretty decent against the run, especially in the second half of the year when the tackling got cleaned up but they couldn’t cover anyone man to man. Stevenson was solid but everyone else who played corner was a significant liability last year. I’m hoping Blades can return to the field. He’s another solid if unspectacular player who at least won’t get abused over and over like some of our other corners. We could definitely use transfer corner too because that spot opposite #2 is up for grabs for anyone to take. We’re going to need to be a little more creative in coverage and ask our linebackers to do more than just stand in a spot in pass defense. We need transfer help at all three levels if they’re going to get better defensively. Edge, MLB and Corner need someone
I agree when blades played he was solid at outside CB. And who knows with coaching from TRob and Addea he may be able to become a very good player

Advertisement
BCC
Southern Miss
@TAMU
MTSU
UNC
@VT
Duke
@UVA
FSU
@GT
@Clemson
Pitt

On paper, we *should* be 10-2. We'll be deserved underdogs against Clem and TAMU. The next toughest battle will likely be @UVA (with their seemingly 7th year QB). They'll score. That'll be a battle but still a team that we likely have more talent than.

I think in all likelihood, the record is 9-3. Historically, this team has dropped a game or two or three it shouldn't have. In a vacuum, I'll say that Mario likely did a good coaching job if we're 9-3 and a fair coaching job if we're 8-4.
We are beating those Virginia ****suckers this year.

6-6 at worst, 11-1 at best

Bethune W
Southern Miss W
TAMU 50-50 (They have more talent than us but their offense is archaic & they play to the level of their opponent)
Middle Tenn W
UNC 50-50 (If they have their QB situation squared away they probably win)
VT 50-50 (We should win but this just seems like a game where we come out flat and uninspired)
Duke W
UVA 50-50 (THEY ALWAYS PLAY US TOUGH, WE'RE THEIR SUPER BOWL)
FSU 50-50 (We should roll them but I'm haunted by our defense, OL and 4th and 14)
GT W
Clemson L
Pitt W (I'm scared of them every season but they always choke against us)

Bethune W
Southern Miss W
TAMU 50-50 (They have more talent than us but their offense is archaic & they play to the level of their opponent)
Middle Tenn W
VT 50-50 (We should win but this just seems like a game where we come out flat and uninspired)
Duke W
FSU 50-50 (We should roll them but I'm haunted by our defense, OL and 4th and 14)
GT W
Clemson L
There is no way in **** we end up 6-6.

Advertisement
10 and 2. Ls to tam and clem. We have a talented roster and now a heck of a staff. Time to drop the scared kid routine.

Bethune W
Southern Miss W
Middle Tenn W
Duke W
GT W
Clemson L
You might have PTSD. See your pcp for a referral.

8-4. Too many holes and no depth on defense. Offensive line still stinks.

2023 is when you'll see a leap forward.

Advertisement
As of right now I think we lose three.

But it all depends on the Aggies game. We somehow go into College Station and shock the world and we may be in for a 2017 type of regular season or even better.

10-2, 9-3 at worse. If we only win 8 games, that's a problem. No way with the talent on this roster and on the sidelines do we win the same amount of games as Di-*** and crew, no way. I think we beat one of A&M or Clemson and probably lose another.

It's real nice but the game is played on the the field. Let's take it one game at a time.
so you let this whole thread run, and all you wanted to know is what our record would be after week 1?

Ill start the new prediction train, 1-0.

Advertisement
As the team currently stands I’d say 8-4 or 9-3. If we add some pieces like a starting caliber OL, CB and LB, I’d probably go 9-3 or 10-2. I don’t think we have the trenches to compete with A&M or Clemson just yet.

Fully agree with the 9-3 and better will be a successful year. 8-4 will be acceptable. Anything below is a dissapointment.

Advertisement
Back