What's More Important - Manny failing in 2020 or the Hurricanes succeeding in 2020?

Let ppl on here tell it they rather see manny fail and that's stupid.....some of these ppl on here cant be Miami fans and thats šŸ˜„...i swear its a lot fair weather fans on here

we havent had fair weather since 2003. wtf are you talking about?

Advertisement
I get that last year was bad and someone would prefer Manny to be gone now, but he's the HC for at least 1 more season. That being said I sincerely hope the offense Lashlee brings in is as advertised and the turn around can begin NOW rather than in a year. If this team goes 8-4 or better next year I'll take that as a big step in the right direction.

This is the team we have right now, writing angry posts on online forums isn't going to have a ton of impact on the coaching staff, or who starts next year so let's all take a step back let the chips fall as they may.

The only reason 8-4 is a step in the right direction is bc he was 6-7 this year.

8-4 is a joke with our schedule and he should be fired for it. Anything less than the ACCCG and he should be removed instantly.

this is so soft and pathetic. if you want to win again first we have to lose big. its like chemotherapy. completely unpleasant but kills the cancer.

by rooting and supporting you are telling the school you dont give a **** how bad we are. its so so so pathetic.
Pathetic is hoping your team loses.

You are a classic sucker. If we win 8 games u will say ā€œManny improved!ā€ and want to extend him.

I would rather us lose every single game than win 8 games against a bad schedule and the slurpers and Hecht shills declaring Diaz is our HC for life.

Golden Randy and Rick all ā€œimprovedā€ bc they did so poorly their first season that the bar was outrageously low. All that accomplished was a delaying of the inevitable.

You

Advertisement
The level of the program was 7 wins until Howard got here.

It is completely dependent on the coach. We hired a guy whose best other offer to be HC was TEMPLE. Of course hes going to be bad here.

You think Nick Saban and his exact staff at Miami couldnt win? Theres no special magic to it. Hire a great coach and recruit and you will win every single time.

are

He essentially blamed everything on enos and that's nonsense. Enos was who he was. The problems we have HE helped create. NOT ENOS. Enos problem was hes a prick so everyone including the team made it real easy to blame him.

Precisely...the "QB room" excuse is a scapegoat for Manny's utter incompetence.

LOL, now He's using Van Dyke as an answer to the "QB room", when He said the same $h!t about Martell last year...******* i n' joke.

Advertisement
Ignoring him made this site a much more pleasurable experience.

I think everyone on this site wants the Canes to win -- that's what any reasonable fan would hope for. We all follow the team closely and one of the most enjoyable experiences is watching the young kids who you followed in recruitment realize and grow into their potential, dominate in college, and eventually become great players in the NFL and have their dreams come true. All while doing it here at the U, where so many great players have done it before. Why you would root for this team and the players who have invested so much into their craft to fail just so you could be right about Manny after one year is beyond petty and unconscionable to me. Get some perspective. That being said, I don't think he's the guy - the same way I didn't think Golden or Radio were. But, I would be beyond happy if he proves me wrong.

I donā€™t have to root for neither, sh*t bag coaches like manny eventually get the axe on their own..thereā€™s no coming back for him after that egregious three game losing skid to end the season..Unfortunately for us, our sh*tty admin is just prolonging the inevitable..

10 wins means Iā€™m okay.
9 wins means Manny keeps his job and Iā€™m on the fence.
8 wins means Manny keeps his job and Iā€™m ****ed.
7 wins means he probably keeps his job, but should be fired.
Fewer than 7 wins means ā€˜check the rental price of a very sharp guillotineā€™ (Iā€™ll chip in for the rental.)

Advertisement
You are a classic sucker. If we win 8 games u will say ā€œManny improved!ā€ and want to extend him.

I would rather us lose every single game than win 8 games against a bad schedule and the slurpers and Hecht shills declaring Diaz is our HC for life.

Golden Randy and Rick all ā€œimprovedā€ bc they did so poorly their first season that the bar was outrageously low. All that accomplished was a delaying of the inevitable.
Year 1 to Year 2:
Randy Shannon: 2 games
Al Golden: 1 game
Mark Richt: 1 game

I think Manny needs to show a 4 game improvement next season. Other coaches like Stoops and Carroll did that very thing (or more) in Year 2.

Nothing matters anymore, Miami won't be good again until November 9th 2027.

Advertisement
Exactly. A slightly competent coach should win 10 games going away with that schedule. 10 wins is becoming a ā€œcompetentā€œ standard in the game. But with our scheduLe - Manny should win 12. 10 wins would be another Richt season filled with empty future promises.

Honestly, 10-3 vs this schedule should probably get Manny fired. Not that it will.

Well that's exactly what's gonna happen. And it will fool the people that dont know football into believing hes righted the ship
Just like richt did with Malik. Reality is they'll still be incompetent and things will still be broke. Well just perform well enough to appease the jackasses and play in the acc in this current climate. The schedule AGAIN is set up for a 10 win season. Just like this one was. So if you think winning on a small scale next year will show hes righted the ship than congratulations you are also part of the problem...
I agree with your post, but don't think anyone who has been following the U for decades was really fooled by the 2017 season (other than the Notre Dame game, which was an *** kicking of the #3 ranked team in the country).... Other than that, there were multiple fluky wins over mediocre competition.... Hardly the kind of dominant performances of the Canes teams of the 80s,early 90s and early 00s....

If Manny can win 10 games next year, kind of easy to differentiate the quality, controlling victories from the down to the wire, either team could have won victories....

I, like most people on the board, am not even saying Manny is the guy, but in light of my rapidly advancing age and lack of desire to live through yet another regime change, I am certainly hoping that Diaz will prove me wrong.... And in no way am hoping he will fail just to expedite the next roll of the dice on a head coach....

I agree with your post, but don't think anyone who has been following the U for decades was really fooled by the 2017 season (other than the Notre Dame game, which was an *** kicking of the #3 ranked team in the country).... Other than that, there were multiple fluky wins over mediocre competition.... Hardly the kind of dominant performances of the Canes teams of the 80s,early 90s and early 00s....

If Manny can win 10 games next year, kind of easy to differentiate the quality, controlling victories from the down to the wire, either team could have won victories....

I, like most people on the board, am not even saying Manny is the guy, but in light of my rapidly advancing age and lack of desire to live through yet another regime change, I am certainly hoping that Diaz will prove me wrong.... And in no way am hoping he will fail just to expedite the next roll of the dice on a head coach....

Plenty of people on here still praise the 2017 season. Are you kidding me? And some of them seem to have followed the U for decades.

Anyway, I think thereā€™s some kind of psychology to getting to 10 wins because itā€™s double digits. Basically the same reason that children get all excited over their 10th birthday.

If Manny goes a lucky 10-3 next year, there will be all kinds of people praising him. Trust me. And theyā€™ll be calling to ban anybody who criticizes Manny or his double digit win team.

With that being said, I honestly would be willing to take 10/1 odds against Manny getting 10+ wins in 2020.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back