What's More Important - Manny failing in 2020 or the Hurricanes succeeding in 2020?

GojiraCane

All ACC
I get it - Miami losing to FIU, Duke, and Louisiana Tech in ignominious fashion really soured me on the current regime. I expected CMD would have no qualms about making an offensive coordinator change after NSD and/or the Bowl, and he unsurprisingly did so. That said, in reading the comments here I am getting the impression that there are some here who are now more invested in Manny Diaz failing next season so that he can get replaced, rather than hoping that Lashlee can bring about needed improvements, CMD grow as a coach, and Miami can get to 10 wins (or more). Are we all that certain that there is absolutely no hope, and that it is better to root for an 0-12 season next year so that we can go after Mario Cristobal?

Personally, I'd rather hope that CMD and his staff overperform and exceed all expectations next year.

Last edited:
Advertisement
CMR? That’s coach Mark Richt.
I get it - Miami losing to FIU, Duke, and Louisiana Tech in ignominious fashion really soured me on the current regime. I expected CMR would have no qualms about making an offensive coordinator change after NSD and/or the Bowl, and he unsurprisingly did so. That said, in reading the comments here I am getting the impression that there are some here who are now more invested in Manny Diaz failing next season so that he can get replaced, rather than hoping that Lashlee can bring about needed improvements, CMR grow as a coach, and Miami can get to 10 wins (or more). Are we all that certain that there is absolutely no hope, and that it is better to root for an 0-12 season next year so that we can go after Marry Cristobal?

Personally, I'd rather hope that CMR and his staff overperform and exceed all expectations next year.

Bro.... wether Manny or suffering through Golden I want to win every **** game by 20 plus points, imposing our will against everybody. Therefore, I want Manny to succeed.
Likewise. I'm not invested in a coach...I'm invested in the bloody program! For that reason...I want CMD to exit next season at a such a level that Nick Saban comes to his coaching clinics, Lingard tearfully begs to come back (and is refused), and Blake James has to hit up boosters for the necessary money to retain CMD and his current coaching staff....because that means that the Hurricanes would have won a national championship in 2020.

Advertisement
Of course I want manny to succeed. But to answer your question “what’s more important?”, I would say we need him to fail to get rid of the disease that’s him and Blake James.

Advertisement
The class of 2021 in So Fla has incredible talent. It can change the program. The most important thing is to bring in the talent we will need to win the ACC. Manny is a smart guy and I’m sure he can figure out how to be a good coach eventually. “Eventually” might not be soon enough. Meanwhile, whoever is the coach in 2021 will need talent. If we land an Alabama/Georgia level recruiting class, I don’t care how many games we win. We will be set for the future. If he gets 9 wins next year, it will save his job and a great class will put him in position to win 11 games the following year and things could snowball for him. If CMD only wins 7 games and gets fired, hopefully we will get a better coach and have the talent to immediately improve.

It's got nothing to do with "hoping" for anything, most of us hope we can win the whole **** thing doesn't mean that's gonna happen.

Diaz lost all his benefit of the doubt, he's not going to have overwhelming fan support until he proves he deserves it. We can all grab the Pom poms & hope he's gonna suddenly transform into a brand new coach overnight but the reality of that actually happening is slim to none.

He's gonna have to show us before we believe it, if you choose to jump in head first blindly that's on you. If you've been a fan long enough you've seen this movie before...

No one should be shocked that people aren't drinking the Kool-Aid.

I hope Diaz finds success as the head football coach of the U.

Wasn’t a fan of the hire. I personally don’t think he’s the guy (I hope to be wrong). I always think it’s better if you win now, especially for recruiting.

He saw a problem with Enos and Barry and he handled it. I think more coaches should be leaving offensively and defensively but I understand keeping the defensive coaches from a unit that finished #13 in total defense.

Manny is always yelling out numbers and stats in interviews. Like the going for two thing. And he will live and die by his numbers and mathematical approach to the game.....for better or worse.

Good luck to Diaz and Miami. Please prove all of us and the nation wrong.

Last edited:
Advertisement
There is nothing I would love more than for Manny to make the turn and become the next great HC because he’s young and would be around for a long time. He said it himself it’s his dream job. I’m fully behind the thought that he could grow into a great head coach. With that being said, I don’t want the board to sit on their hands if we have to suffer through another terrible season. This is his shot, and he needs to not **** it up more than he already has

Worst case is manny doing just enough to keep his job, but not well enough to prove we are on our way back. That seems to happen with every one of our failed hires

At what point does it become level of the program instead of another failed hire?

You guys are really straining the probability meter by insisting one head coach after another is bottom of the barrel

Advertisement
Compete, dammit, compete. No weak a$$ token appearances on the field desecrating our legendary program.

I get it - Miami losing to FIU, Duke, and Louisiana Tech in ignominious fashion really soured me on the current regime. I expected CMD would have no qualms about making an offensive coordinator change after NSD and/or the Bowl, and he unsurprisingly did so. That said, in reading the comments here I am getting the impression that there are some here who are now more invested in Manny Diaz failing next season so that he can get replaced, rather than hoping that Lashlee can bring about needed improvements, CMD grow as a coach, and Miami can get to 10 wins (or more). Are we all that certain that there is absolutely no hope, and that it is better to root for an 0-12 season next year so that we can go after Marry Cristobal?

Personally, I'd rather hope that CMD and his staff overperform and exceed all expectations next year.
Well that's exactly what's gonna happen. And it will fool the people that dont know football into believing hes righted the ship
Just like richt did with Malik. Reality is they'll still be incompetent and things will still be broke. Well just perform well enough to appease the jackasses and play in the acc in this current climate. The schedule AGAIN is set up for a 10 win season. Just like this one was. So if you think winning on a small scale next year will show hes righted the ship than congratulations you are also part of the problem...

Worst case is manny doing just enough to keep his job, but not well enough to prove we are on our way back. That seems to happen with every one of our failed hires
It's been discussed since he was first hired. That's what this is. Hes probably gonna do just well enough to compete in the coastal and that will appease the administration

Advertisement
Back