What's More Important - Manny failing in 2020 or the Hurricanes succeeding in 2020?

Advertisement
I get it - Miami losing to FIU, Duke, and Louisiana Tech in ignominious fashion really soured me on the current regime. I expected CMD would have no qualms about making an offensive coordinator change after NSD and/or the Bowl, and he unsurprisingly did so. That said, in reading the comments here I am getting the impression that there are some here who are now more invested in Manny Diaz failing next season so that he can get replaced, rather than hoping that Lashlee can bring about needed improvements, CMD grow as a coach, and Miami can get to 10 wins (or more). Are we all that certain that there is absolutely no hope, and that it is better to root for an 0-12 season next year so that we can go after Marry Cristobal?

Personally, I'd rather hope that CMD and his staff overperform and exceed all expectations next year.
Whatever it takes to clean out the athletic department and start anew from a viable foundation of competence.

At what point does it become level of the program instead of another failed hire?

You guys are really straining the probability meter by insisting one head coach after another is bottom of the barrel
Have any of our coaches went on the find success elsewhere?

It’s not flipping a coin, it’s a hiring process. If the admin isn’t asking the right questions, looking for the right attributes, and making the correct decisions then yes - the probability the coach is successful will be low.

For ***** sake our admin hired Temple’s coach with no experience.

Why even follow the team if you are going to root for them to fail before the season even starts? You need to get a life if you are hoping we suck next year and can't wait to sit back and watch it. Get a girl, a sidechick, a bunch of sidechicks...anything to occupy your time. And if you live locally, go to the beach or a day party. Sheesh.

That said, I will root for them to succeed. I am tired of losing. Those 3 months where we were a national story in 2017 was an unbelievable feeling. I want that again and I don't care if Manny and Blake are leading the charge.

Most of you just don't want all this hate for Manny and Blake to blow back in your faces so you have no choice but to root for them to fail which is pretty pathetic.

Advertisement
Hate losing, but if Manny is obviously not the guy by mid-season, can his *** the week after you can Blake. Have an AD already ready to go. Do a real coaching search. Croot the fvck out of the 2021 class with time to spare.

Well that's exactly what's gonna happen. And it will fool the people that dont know football into believing hes righted the ship
Just like richt did with Malik. Reality is they'll still be incompetent and things will still be broke. Well just perform well enough to appease the jackasses and play in the acc in this current climate. The schedule AGAIN is set up for a 10 win season. Just like this one was. So if you think winning on a small scale next year will show hes righted the ship than congratulations you are also part of the problem...
You really don't think he can change from year 1? I've been trying to keep a rational brain about this but isn't the first coach to **** up his first year. Thats almost common place in sports. Whats so different about Manny compared to other coaches that have improved? I mean tangible comparisons

I want him to succeed in 2020, so I'm rooting for him. Doesn't mean I believe he can succeed.

I get it - Miami losing to FIU, Duke, and Louisiana Tech in ignominious fashion really soured me on the current regime. I expected CMD would have no qualms about making an offensive coordinator change after NSD and/or the Bowl, and he unsurprisingly did so. That said, in reading the comments here I am getting the impression that there are some here who are now more invested in Manny Diaz failing next season so that he can get replaced, rather than hoping that Lashlee can bring about needed improvements, CMD grow as a coach, and Miami can get to 10 wins (or more). Are we all that certain that there is absolutely no hope, and that it is better to root for an 0-12 season next year so that we can go after Marry Cristobal?

Personally, I'd rather hope that CMD and his staff overperform and exceed all expectations next year.

Dude what a brilliant question!!!

Puts all the mindless haters on this board into in unsolvable paradox.

Their hate of Diaz is so blind my guess is they’re still willing to see the Canes suck for another year so they can continue to ********** to their Mario dreams.

Advertisement
Call me crazy, but I'd rather have him succeed. If he succeeds, that means the team is more than likely succeeding, and if that happens, this lovely utopia of a message board is slightly less toxic. Why would you want him to fail just to prove your point? Whether they will succeed or not, I have no idea, though I feel a little better now with Lashlee. How is this a legit question lol what fan would want the team they root for to fail on purpose.

I have nothing against Manny personally. If he wins us a National Championship next year I will gladly eat my crow on this message board. However there is NO CHANCE IN ****.

Advertisement
giphy - 2020-01-10T133802.733.gif

Always success. Always

I don't think Manny should have been DC but if the little **** can bring us a NC next year, I will be completely happy with him and wish him well in his NFL HC gig that will follow. I dislike him because I love my Canes. If he does good for them, I am good with him.

Advertisement

Post less, don’t start threads.

Hopefully CMD improves as a HC and the Lashlee hire pays off big. I hope we win and he proves the majority of us wrong. But we will know after the first couple weeks if he has it or not. The offense wasn’t the only issue we had last season, our d routinely **** the bed when given the opportunity to close games out and the STs were also laughable. If we come out against the first three non P5 opponents and look the same we will know he won’t make it much longer here.

This X infinity.

This is exactly what's going to happen. And the fools around here wil eat it up. Fans were bipolar last season. All it took was a win over Bethune or an upset over Virginia to forget about the 0-2 start, the 28-0 hole vs VT & the squeaker over Central Michigan. A win over Temple will lead to 20 threads about #tnm & trusting Manny.

Blake James knows he's ****ed if there isn't "improvement". He'll sell 8-5 as a clear sign of it. Possibly extension worthy.

If Manny survives 2020, the Alabama game will be a televised execution.
**** gotta pass for bama beating us by 60. I was joking with dj bout that whole we ready for bama ****. We dont want no part of them boys for atleast a few years.

Advertisement
Back