What's More Important - Manny failing in 2020 or the Hurricanes succeeding in 2020?

Advertisement
Even if he wins 10 games next season, so what. The 2020 schedule is a joke and to think that we are questioning CMD being able to win more than 6 games is the problem. It's ACC Title Game or bust. If he can't do it, then he needs to take his *** to the unemployment line.

success is more important. We cant keep repeating this cycle of new coaches and poor player development. At some point we need to get it right or its just more misery. I am not for Manny at all at this point but we need a good year for a lot of reasons that have been discussed to death.

Well that's exactly what's gonna happen. And it will fool the people that dont know football into believing hes righted the ship
Just like richt did with Malik. Reality is they'll still be incompetent and things will still be broke. Well just perform well enough to appease the jackasses and play in the acc in this current climate. The schedule AGAIN is set up for a 10 win season. Just like this one was. So if you think winning on a small scale next year will show hes righted the ship than congratulations you are also part of the problem...

This X infinity.

This is exactly what's going to happen. And the fools around here wil eat it up. Fans were bipolar last season. All it took was a win over Bethune or an upset over Virginia to forget about the 0-2 start, the 28-0 hole vs VT & the squeaker over Central Michigan. A win over Temple will lead to 20 threads about #tnm & trusting Manny.

Blake James knows he's ****ed if there isn't "improvement". He'll sell 8-5 as a clear sign of it. Possibly extension worthy.

If Manny survives 2020, the Alabama game will be a televised execution.

Advertisement
I will probably be tarred and feathered...but I still believe Manny can turn it around and be great. He is fiery, excited and understands that the product last year was 💩. It is easy for people to say they want him fired, they hate him, etc because we lost to straight trash and we feel Miami is above that. They arent. We teetered on abysmal for 2 decades winning against scrubs and getting the doors blown off against teams with a pulse.

We needed last season to up the ante on what needed to happen. Pressure on BOT, pressure on AD, pressure on Manny, pressure on players. They needed this to realize they werent on their way back all these years, they were mediocre at best(even 2017 smoke and mirrors). I love 2019, cause it was a wake up call that fans are done with the mediocrity. We want a winner, not talk, not smoke and mirrors. Get young hungry coaches and win. We wont be satisifed with 8 wins or 9 wins. It is all or nothing and they thought we would be content with Golden, Richt winning a few games. Nope, 2019 did wonders for the program. Fans finally said enough.

9-3 or better or the wheels will fall off, that is what expectations should be in 2020 and they better deliver. .

This X infinity.

This is exactly what's going to happen. And the fools around here wil eat it up. Fans were bipolar last season. All it took was a win over Bethune or an upset over Virginia to forget about the 0-2 start, the 28-0 hole vs VT & the squeaker over Central Michigan. A win over Temple will lead to 20 threads about #tnm & trusting Manny.

Blake James knows he's ****ed if there isn't "improvement". He'll sell 8-5 as a clear sign of it. Possibly extension worthy.

If Manny survives 2020, the Alabama game will be a televised execution.

Yeah, really looking forward to this.....

Win against a bunch of cream puffs and all these clowns will tell us how we are all stupid for not believing in Manny. That he just needed time and demand that he gets a life time extension. If you think they were bad with Manny winning 2 games wait until he is 9-3.

It will only delay him getting fired for a year.

tmp_2f5RYH_792b9e4ba055e87e_IMG_8903.GIF

Canes always come first...

Advertisement
I get it - Miami losing to FIU, Duke, and Louisiana Tech in ignominious fashion really soured me on the current regime. I expected CMD would have no qualms about making an offensive coordinator change after NSD and/or the Bowl, and he unsurprisingly did so. That said, in reading the comments here I am getting the impression that there are some here who are now more invested in Manny Diaz failing next season so that he can get replaced, rather than hoping that Lashlee can bring about needed improvements, CMD grow as a coach, and Miami can get to 10 wins (or more). Are we all that certain that there is absolutely no hope, and that it is better to root for an 0-12 season next year so that we can go after Marry Cristobal?

Personally, I'd rather hope that CMD and his staff overperform and exceed all expectations next year.
If you want to stay In 8-4 purgatory with sub par recruiting classes that will never have enough talent to even compete for an ACC title then keep rooting for Manny because that’s what you’ll get. You want a fresh start and hopefully a finally awaken BoT that puts a championship staff/admin around this program that a 5 time national championship program deserves, then you root against manny next year as he will surely be fired. But here’s the thing, you don’t even have to root against Manure to get him fired because Manure and his **** warner staph will take care of that all on there own by there status quo of Corching!

I'm not rooting against my team ever. If that means extra years before we finally get the right staff, then so be it.

We always talk about how the next quarterback will be the new starter even though they haven't set foot on campus. We've been so beaten down for so long that we don't even want our team to win so we can get the next coaching staff?

Manny most likely ain't the right guy, but Blake James isn't the guy to find the one who is. Root cause.

Advertisement
I get it - Miami losing to FIU, Duke, and Louisiana Tech in ignominious fashion really soured me on the current regime. I expected CMD would have no qualms about making an offensive coordinator change after NSD and/or the Bowl, and he unsurprisingly did so. That said, in reading the comments here I am getting the impression that there are some here who are now more invested in Manny Diaz failing next season so that he can get replaced, rather than hoping that Lashlee can bring about needed improvements, CMD grow as a coach, and Miami can get to 10 wins (or more). Are we all that certain that there is absolutely no hope, and that it is better to root for an 0-12 season next year so that we can go after Marry Cristobal?

Personally, I'd rather hope that CMD and his staff overperform and exceed all expectations next year.

Hurricanes succeeding. Always.

I always root for my alma mater over any particular coach. I definitely was not a fan of Drunken Dennis, and Coker did nothing after his first couple of years, but those two guys put 3 national championships into the trophy case.

TBH, I think it would take 2-10 to get Manny fired next year. IDK why there’s some delusion that 6-6 or even 7-5 will get him fired.

Therefore, I’m going to root for 2-10.

Last edited:
Advertisement
At what point does it become level of the program instead of another failed hire?

Yeah, I’ve begun to wonder that myself, TBH. I suspect that in about 20 years, fans might actually begin to accept 7-6 coaches at Miami. (Assuming we’ve never recovered by then.)

With that being said, I’m going root for 2-10 just to get Manny fired.

It's been discussed since he was first hired. That's what this is. Hes probably gonna do just well enough to compete in the coastal and that will appease the administration

Manny will get fired eventually. I just don’t think it’ll happen next year.

To be honest what if we would've won against Florida, how would Miami look now? I think we have the wrong coach bc he's learning how to be a head coach. He could've done that some place else. We need a vet to go with lashee but hopefully we win a few games and show we can compete

Advertisement
Back