What's More Important - Manny failing in 2020 or the Hurricanes succeeding in 2020?

It really doesn't matter what we hope for....Manny's performance will decide

Most here, including me, wish we could win every game. That's why we're Cane fans. I was a fan long before Manny and I'll still be a fan long after

But what we wish for and reality are not the same thing. Manny's performance to date clearly mandates his being replaced ASAP

The real question is whether we want the change made asap OR are we content to waste more time silently on what IMO is an obvious coaching election mistake? Some of us can see the writing on the wall already.

I will ALWAYS hope the Canes win....but IMO I do not think that can realistically consistently happen with Manny at the helm.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Manny losing is Miami Succeeding!!

To me 'success' is being in the playoffs every year, or very close to it. We cant even get to the ACCCG! Manny isnt the guy. And the longer we keep hoping one new coach, player, admin staff, etc can right all the wrongs, we wont be any closer.

I'm not rooting against my squad. Im just hoping lady luck, jesus, Allah, whoever the **** you pray to, stays away and let's this staff do what we all know they are capable of. No completed hail Mary's, and the same old 3 man rush every 3rd and 18.

Just enough to be able to justify Blake and Manny leaving after the season. I think we deserve that!

Based off his first season being a HC ever? You do realize coaches can learn and improve right?
You're not seeing this accurately. Yes it's his first season as a head coach. However hes been a dc for a minute now. Hes been a DC here who has had full run of his side of the ball. He has kept the status quo throughout. Only changes that have been made is by dudes wanting to go elsewhere. Furthermore hes had his buddies chasing around with him even before here and has kept them tied to the hip like alfraud and no d. He hasnt made staff changes nor adapted his scheme to anything more than speed and chaos. That doesnt work against good teams. So yes it's his first year and just the same way he set the staph up he used the people he hired who did what they've always done previously as a scapegoat for his failures... that's not a ringing endorsement for his future success. So if lashlee doesn't work out what will the next excuse be?

Advertisement
You're not seeing this accurately. Yes it's his first season as a head coach. However hes been a dc for a minute now. Hes been a DC here who has had full run of his side of the ball. He has kept the status quo throughout. Only changes that have been made is by dudes wanting to go elsewhere. Furthermore hes had his buddies chasing around with him even before here and has kept them tied to the hip like alfraud and no d. He hasnt made staff changes nor adapted his scheme to anything more than speed and chaos. That doesnt work against good teams. So yes it's his first year and just the same way he set the staph up he used the people he hired who did what they've always done previously as a scapegoat for his failures... that's not a ringing endorsement for his future success. So if lashlee doesn't work out what will the next excuse be?
If lashlee doesn’t work out & we have another bad season, he’ll probably be fired. Lose/win situation

Idk I don't really view his defense as a problem. Diaz Defense has been our Best since the early 2000s. Even in a down year where still a quality defense under him. I mean think about it. How many times has our defense been asked to bail out that offense the last couple years? When we played LSU, Florida,FSU and Notre Dame its always the defense stepping up and making the plays when the offense struggles. College football is all about offense now and they have a huge advantage so we can't expect our defense to be able to constantly bail out the offense. Diaz can be successful if he can find a legit OC who can run the offense while he learns how to be a HC and learns about the offensive side of the ball. We will see though

Idk I don't really view his defense as a problem. Diaz Defense has been our Best since the early 2000s. Even in a down year where still a quality defense under him. I mean think about it. How many times has our defense been asked to bail out that offense the last couple years? When we played LSU, Florida,FSU and Notre Dame its always the defense stepping up and making the plays when the offense struggles. College football is all about offense now and they have a huge advantage so we can't expect our defense to be able to constantly bail out the offense. Diaz can be successful if he can find a legit OC who can run the offense while he learns how to be a HC and learns about the offensive side of the ball. We will see though
Our defense is capable in general and excells at certain things. But as you see this season any team that can address the blitz is going to pick us apart. That's why other teams say our defense is all about glitz. It's basically a folex. To the naked eye its platinum,gold,its diamonds. To the trained eye that **** is boo flay. It's not real. It's just an illusion. You pick up our blitz nine out of ten the stunts wont work and the dbs get picked apart. Worse yet it's a bad job of disguising the blitz. Lashlee will do enough to compete and that's the worst possible outcome. & you mentioned as your point that our defense was rock solid all teams that had horrible offenses except Notre dame who it was a known fact that the qb would **** the second you put pressure in his face. But that notre dame game was the best example of what the defense could be. They had a great game. Lsu,floriduh & the ***** holes all sucked on offense. That's why we stayed in the games.

Advertisement
Success...always success.

Anything different and I question your fandom.

Your choice and my opinion. But to root for us to fail (or the current coach) is weird to me

Our defense is capable in general and excells at certain things. But as you see this season any team that can address the blitz is going to pick us apart. That's why other teams say our defense is all about glitz. It's basically a folex. To the naked eye its platinum,gold,its diamonds. To the trained eye that **** is boo flay. It's not real. It's just an illusion. You pick up our blitz nine out of ten the stunts wont work and the dbs get picked apart. Worse yet it's a bad job of disguising the blitz. Lashlee will do enough to compete and that's the worst possible outcome. & you mentioned as your point that our defense was rock solid all teams that had horrible offenses except Notre dame who it was a known fact that the qb would **** the second you put pressure in his face. But that notre dame game was the best example of what the defense could be. They had a great game. Lsu,floriduh & the ***** holes all sucked on offense. That's why we stayed in the games.
So what do you recommend? I personally think we need a Offensive minded HC or DC with significant experience like a Rex Ryan. Can you imagine Rex Ryan out on recruiting trail? He would kill it. Oh well I'll give Manny another season before I'm ready to call for his job. I believe every HC deserves two years no matter what

Don't you think this is an oversimplification?

Since Manny got here we have consistently been among the top 2-3 teams nationally in sacks, TFLs and 3rd down defense. Even this season, a down one overall, we were Top 15 nationally in yards allowed. Aside from VT, a game we turned the ball over a half dozen times, we held just about every opponent below their scoring and yardage averages.

You say any team that picks up the blitz against us has success. Those games overall have been few and far between and can be said about any team in college football. The reality no one stops a good or great offense anymore.

So yes, we are a high risk/reward defense. So what? The vast majority of the games we've played the last four seasons our defense has played well enough for our team to win with a reasonable contribution from our offense.

It is clear there is a personal bias against Manny for some to go along with his ineptness.

Root for the Canes to win or cut bait and find another squad.

Advertisement
So what do you recommend? I personally think we need a Offensive minded HC or DC with significant experience like a Rex Ryan. Can you imagine Rex Ryan out on recruiting trail? He would kill it. Oh well I'll give Manny another season before I'm ready to call for his job. I believe every HC deserves two years no matter what
We dont need someone who SPECIALIZES one side over the other per say. We need someone who really knows his **** on one side of the ball. Knows how to lead himself. Has personality in spades and understands how to delegate responsibilities out throughout other like minded individuals. We need a staff that actually knows football and what they're looking for in a recruit. A leader of men who live for that ****

Don't you think this is an oversimplification?

Since Manny got here we have consistently been among the top 2-3 teams nationally in sacks, TFLs and 3rd down defense. Even this season, a down one overall, we were Top 15 nationally in yards allowed. Aside from VT, a game we turned the ball over a half dozen times, we held just about every opponent below their scoring and yardage averages.

You say any team that picks up the blitz against us has success. Those games overall have been few and far between and can be said about any team in college football. The reality no one stops a good or great offense anymore.

So yes, we are a high risk/reward defense. So what? The vast majority of the games we've played the last four seasons our defense has played well enough for our team to win with a reasonable contribution from our offense.
I dont know what I should tell you here. I cant fathom why people constantly throw our stats up against the wall... No one wants to hear reality. Yes our defense is pretty good. Could and should be alot better but that's semantics. Reality is the stats you guys LOVE quoting have all been compiled against some of the worst teams IN ALL OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL! Our conference and our schedule is a joke yearly. Feel free to line up both sides of the balls stats against teams that have a heart beat. I personally feel the gayturds are a basic team. Well how well did we do in those categories against them? Overall we played a decent game on the defensive side but with an offense like theres and our edge we should've set the tone for that game. I'm not trying to harp on the negatives and everyone is entitled to their opinions. I played on a few pretty good defenses and this just doesnt impress me. No biggie. Just my personal opinion.

I dont know what I should tell you here. I cant fathom why people constantly throw our stats up against the wall... No one wants to hear reality. Yes our defense is pretty good. Could and should be alot better but that's semantics. Reality is the stats you guys LOVE quoting have all been compiled against some of the worst teams IN ALL OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL! Our conference and our schedule is a joke yearly. Feel free to line up both sides of the balls stats against teams that have a heart beat. I personally feel the gayturds are a basic team. Well how well did we do in those categories against them? Overall we played a decent game on the defensive side but with an offense like theres and our edge we should've set the tone for that game. I'm not trying to harp on the negatives and everyone is entitled to their opinions. I played on a few pretty good defenses and this just doesnt impress me. No biggie. Just my personal opinion.

We actually did great against UF in those stats. Their entire offensive output was a broken tackle screen for a TD and one long bomb for another. We gifted them the winning TD when Thomas muffed the punt at our 10 yard line.

The most important part of that game, and about 9 out of every 10 others is our defense played well enough, more that well enough actually, for us to win with any type of decent offensive output.

As far as our schedule goes, Virginia, VT, UNC, Louisville and FSU are no different than Mississippi State, Purdue, Cal, Indiana, Tennessee, Texas Tech or any of the other Power 5 middle of the road programs the top teams beat up on every week.

Advertisement
We actually did great against UF in those stats. Their entire offensive output was a broken tackle screen for a TD and one long bomb for another. We gifted them the winning TD when Thomas muffed the punt at our 10 yard line.

The most important part of that game, and about 9 out of every 10 others is our defense played well enough, more that well enough actually, for us to win with any type of decent offensive output.

As far as our schedule goes, Virginia, VT, UNC, Louisville and FSU are no different than Mississippi State, Purdue, Cal, Indiana, Tennessee, Texas Tech or any of the other Power 5 middle of the road programs the top teams beat up on every week.
So what were the stats that people quote? Tackles for loss and sacks? Defense played good game and jeff definitely cost that game. But it was because floriduhs offense was pathetic.

I just bothered to look up the stats and I'm gonna call bull**** on you here. Felipe franks who's God awful went 17/27 for 254 yards 2td & 2picks...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200112-111308_ESPN.jpg
    Screenshot_20200112-111308_ESPN.jpg
    587 KB · Views: 9

I just bothered to look up the stats and I'm gonna call bull**** on you here. Felipe franks who's God awful went 17/27 for 254 yards 2td & 2picks...
I have gone back and forth with this guy repeatedly about this. Situational defense and the fact that we have up a fourth quarter lead four times means nothing, because our stats over the course of an entire season against some basura opponents is more important. When you bring that up, the response is well the defense was tired. Then when you bring up the opponent’s TOP in the FIU game was 30:13, UNC had the ball for 24:37, GT had the ball for 32:24 and Duke has it for 26:41, they just say well whatever man the offense could have scored more. That is not untrue, but the offense sucking *** is not mutually exclusive to the defense being overrated and key in some losses.

Manny ain’t succeeding and I’m not watching this dog💩 team next season Want this clown fired as soon as possible. We hired a former mayor’s son under pressure. How PATHETIC is THAT? And he’s a stink in’ Nole besides!

Advertisement
Back