What would you deem to be a successful season for Manny and Miami?

To prove to me he is better than Richt, he needs an ACC title. To prove that we didn't cr@p the bed with this hire, he needs a Coastal title and at least 9 wins.

Advertisement
9 wins that include beating UF and FSU. I actually think the FSU game may be tougher that UF base on history. Also dominating quality opponents would be a huge step in the right direction.

Becoming state champs again, taking the coastal, at least a strong showing against Clemson and a major bowl win.

Advertisement
See our team play like Hurricanes every game where they give 100 percent and the outcome expectations are victories until the game is over yet we fans appreciate the effort over the outcome....that is what the Canes Thing is!.

It is not the losses fellas, it is the type of product on the field that says "MIAMI". Go down fighting, play exciting football on both sides, and leave that game satisfied we left it all on the field.
That said, the season.................. . I agree 11-3 and top 12.
Defining year, for Manny and the Canes.
This is my philosophy too. I’m starving to be entertained while I dedicate 4 hours of my Saturday watching the canes. Wins and losses aren’t the end all be all and ultimately fake teams get found out in December and January anyways

Advertisement
Manolo giving a Cleveland Steamer to Dabo Wabo as he hoists the ACCCG Trophy high aloft with the Canes winning 100-0.

#soundsrealistic
#yougottabelieve

Opening with a win against a ranked Fl team, the confidence from that and acknowledgement the TNM is for real, and the rest will take care of itself - win Coastal,show signs of being able to compete in ACC Title game

Advertisement
Advertisement
Success at Miami is the same thing everyday - Undefeated National Champions.

I would like to see us put a complete game together. We haven’t since Coker. That’s a sign of quality coaching.

Offense and Special teams really need to show something.

Stop losing to ******* Duke!
Stop losing to ******* basketball schools like UVA, BC, etc...

Better production from the offense.
Much better 3rd down conversions.
The ability to get 2-3 yards in one play on a 3rd down conversion.
Better production in the red zone.
If those areas are improved then this will make the job for the defense easier and not constantly having to defend 45-50 yards max for the opposing offense.

Reach the ACC title game and win the Coastal, whatever that looks like.

These games are played in reality, not on paper. Every off-season everyone talks about how this game or that game is winnable on paper—but when it comes game day, you're talking about two different teams than people read about in the preseason.

Virginia on the road at night last season was going to be tough—as the Cavs usually play the Canes well at home. Toss in uncertainty at quarterback for Miami, musical chairs at the position, a rowdy night game, etc. and a five-game win-streak ended—casting even more doubt at quarterback.

Boston College was always going to be a tough Friday night matchup on the road in 2019—and proved even more so do to quarterback issues. Now Miami lost two in a row and had to prep for a road game against Georgia Tech's quirky offense and came up flat.

Three losses in a row, a beatable Duke team turned into a nightmare slugfest in the rain and Miami lost four in a row.

With the offensive line still a mess for Miami and question marks at quarterback—not to mention opening against a Top 10 rival; Florida coming off of a pasting against a good Michigan team in the bowl game—to say anything more than two losses is a "disappointment" year one, is a bit harsh.

Florida will be a huge challenge game one. At North Carolina isn't the easiest road game two weeks later.

Bethune-Cookman and Central Michigan are gimmes—but Virginia Tech, Virginia and Georgia Tech will all be improved.

At Pittsburgh and at Florida State back-to-back—both also improved—and then Louisville, Florida International and at Duke to close the year.

Hardly a Murder's Row type schedule—but based on a 6-7 finish last year, a coaching change and an entirely new scheme this year—to expect a two-loss season; again, based on what?

The Coastal is winnable as Miami is as good as any team in the division—so building towards a showdown with Clemson in December will give the Canes a good season. Need to at least start winning the division and reaching the title game—especially while the Tigers are on top and the team to beat. Want to at least face those guys.

I can pretty much agree with everything you've said.

Advertisement
Back