What would you deem to be a successful season for Manny and Miami?

No more than 1-2 ACC losses in the regular season. I'd say winning the coastal, but I do want to allow some room in the event there's another 1 loss coastal team. Don't see that happening, but you never know.

Ending the season with confidence in the offense and defense, along with the belief that 2020 is a real ACC championship shot

Advertisement
What the staff has done to reload the roster since January 1 means this is not a rebuilding year. 10 wins or bust.

Win the Coastal, have a chance to beat Clemson. If we do this it will mean we have a good record, so I won't put a number on wins and losses.

Realistically even though the talent is there after what happened last season and with a new staff.until the staff weeds out the kinks in the armor.I'd say 8+ wins and winning a bowl game should be considered as a successful season.setting the stage for better things in 20.and by 21 we should be back to where we are competing for ncs on a regular basis.

I would like to see us put a complete game together. We haven’t since Coker. That’s a sign of quality coaching.

Offense and Special teams really need to show something.

Stop losing to ******* Duke!
Stop losing to ******* basketball schools like UVA, BC, etc...
Amen brother, amen.

Advertisement
A successful season consists of having an offense that is effective and doesn't go 3 and punt like we did the last two years. Success is play calling like the big boys. Success is having a qb that is smart, accurate and nice if a scrambler. With this and barring any defensive back sliding, we should win games enough to make all us Canes happy.

Advertisement
I would say anything more than 2 loses would be disappointing. With the talent that we have, I just don’t think we loose (or should loose more than 2), with the energy Manny is bringing, it seems like this has to be it. Thoughts?
Can't lose more than 2 with that schedule

Winning it all should be the only goal. Period.

Totally. If you are ready to accept anything less than winning every game, you are a gigantic p*ssy. Lose 2 games and win a NY6 bowl? Btches. Beat uf, fsu, and play Clem close but lose to VT? F@ggots. Run the table and lose to bama by 1 point in the NCG? Total fcking nightmarish disaster of a season.

Don't let me catch any of you btches enjoying any games during the season. What if we lose the last one and you were enjoying the season up to then not realizing it was a disaster?

All or nothing.

No more than 2 losses before the ACC championship. This team has more talent than anyone they play year in and year out but always lay eggs against teams like Virginia, Pitt, Ga Tech, Duke.

Advertisement
Totally. If you are ready to accept anything less than winning every game, you are a gigantic p*ssy. Lose 2 games and win a NY6 bowl? Btches. Beat uf, fsu, and play Clem close but lose to VT? F@ggots. Run the table and lose to bama by 1 point in the NCG? Total fcking nightmarish disaster of a season.

Don't let me catch any of you btches enjoying any games during the season. What if we lose the last one and you were enjoying the season up to then not realizing it was a disaster?

All or nothing.
2nd place is first loser.

Continuing the momentum on defense while fielding an efficient offense should put us right where we need to be. No delusions of grandeur here. The schedule isn't murderer's row. The difference between 7-6 and 11-2 last year wasn't a whole lot.

Same as DTP above: Being that MD’s team has as yet to take the field, my litmus test will be the Offense’s performance this season. It has to be better than last year. Also, the Defense cannot take a step back.

Last edited:
Advertisement
10 wins with a coastal title and a win over the gator is enough for me this year to say it was a good year and a step in the right direction.

We should be on paper favorites in 11 of 12 regular season games, so a season where we reach our potential should be either 12-2 or 11-3 depending on the bowl matchup.

Anything more than two regular season losses would be a major disappointment. Defense will continue to be a force that will have very little drop off in my opinion.

Offensively we now have:

THREE 4-5 Star QBs on this roster now, being coached by an alleged quarterback whisperer.
THREE 4-5 Star RBs
TWO 4-5 Star TEs
SEVEN 4-5 Star WRs

That's more talent offensively than anyone we will face this season, Florida included.

Three losses with this schedule, with the multiple off weeks, VT and FSU being dumpster fires, GT in transition and possible Top 25 team Virginia at home would be an epic fail.

Advertisement
Back