What would you deem to be a successful season for Manny and Miami?

Advertisement
I would be disappointed if we were anything less than 10-2 regular season. No reason to not be coastal champs. Would expect a loss in ACC championship game(I expect us to be competitive) And then winning a big time bowl game. Important to finish with positive momentum. Record 11-3...Coastal champs...Bowl winner. Beating UF would be a huge bonus.

Most of you guys are pretty delusional, haha. A successful season in a coach's first year would be topping any season we've had in the last 15 years?

I think an 8-4 regular season with a nice bowl win, and end-of-year momentum would be a good year. Hopefully that includes 1-2 of the following: beating UF, beating FSU, winning the coastal.

And if that happens, all of you will be pounding your chests come next January, and talking about being national contenders in 2020!
Your reasoning makes sense on the surface, however with the talent advantage we have over most of our competition, 8-4 is a huge disappointment IMO (much like 14 of the last 15 years). There is no reason we should not be rolling out our 3 deep in the 4th qtr. against the Dukes of the world. I believe Enos to be the key to getting at least par execution out of the offense in general. With the talent, par should get us in the end zone at least a few times a game. Defense should do the rest.
Go Canes!

Advertisement
The Vegas win total is 8.5, juiced to the over (-150). 9 wins would be a successful season IMO, as we exceed expectations (not the unrealistic expectations of this board). 10 would be great.

That said, its not just wins and losses. It who we lose to, how we lose, when we lose, etc. The BC loss last year was brutal. The Pitt loss the year before was brutal. We are going to drop games to those mid-level ACC teams every year for the foreseeable future, but you can't do it in those spots. Those losses kill momentum and turn a positive year into a negative year, and the timing crushes perception and recruiting.

You want to beat UF and FSU every time we play them. This year, the way the schdeule sets up and with us having a new QB (even Perry is green) and presumably having to rely on freshman as the season progresses, I would rather take the early loss to UF and beat FSU, so long as we can run the table against L'Ville, FIU and Duke from there out. Gives us end of season momentum.

If we make the ACCCG, great. If not, I'm not sweating it. We would get boat raced again.

9/10 wins and a bowl win over a name brand program is a great season for a first year HC with a whole new offensive staff and philosophy. Look at the momentum nebraska had at the end of last year. They were 0-6 to start the season and were a mess as Frost installed his new offense, finished 4-2, and Martinez had Heisman hype and they were being talked about as a dark horse playoff contender by season's end.

If you set realistic expectation, you won;t be as disappointed.

Advertisement
I would say anything more than 2 loses would be disappointing. With the talent that we have, I just don’t think we loose (or should loose more than 2), with the energy Manny is bringing, it seems like this has to be it. Thoughts?
It's not about how many wins, it's about how you win, or how you lose. You play good football and lose to good teams, I can live with that. Getting beat by weaker teams, or getting blown out by teams like Wisconsin, or just barely winning games you should dominate is not a good look.

Unfortunately you and the like that think we are so loaded need to take off the orange and green glasses or you are going to be sorely disappointed and wonder what happened when reality doesn't match what you built up in your mind. We have a long way to go before we are at top level talent and depth across the board.

Advertisement
11-3, including a Coastal title (and a loss in the championship game) is something I could live with. Especially if we could become a top 50 offense.
This. The Coastal is pure trash once again. There's zero reason we shouldn't be able to win it.

I would also add no blowout losses, including to Clemson. We need to regain respect.

Most of you guys are pretty delusional, haha. A successful season in a coach's first year would be topping any season we've had in the last 15 years?

I think an 8-4 regular season with a nice bowl win, and end-of-year momentum would be a good year. Hopefully that includes 1-2 of the following: beating UF, beating FSU, winning the coastal.

And if that happens, all of you will be pounding your chests come next January, and talking about being national contenders in 2020!
8-4 is an absolute failure with our schedule and is **** near a fireable offense. Idgaf about 1st year this and that, our schedule is absolutely pathetic

Get us to the ACCCG and for the first time in over a decade have us play entertaining football on both sides of the ball
It is not the losses fellas, it is the type of product on the field that says "MIAMI". Go down fighting, play exciting football on both sides, and leave that game satisfied we left it all on the field.
That said, the season.................. . I agree 11-3 and top 12.
Defining year, for Manny and the Canes.

Advertisement
I would say anything more than 2 loses would be disappointing. With the talent that we have, I just don’t think we loose (or should loose more than 2), with the energy Manny is bringing, it seems like this has to be it. Thoughts?
As long as we stay tight we should avoid getting any looses this season. Should have some strong momentum coming in from spring all injuries should be recovered.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back