What went wrong with this years class?

Last class was all the way elite... lol talking about a notch below bc ur boyfriend plays for UGa
last years class was elite and can be more if Jordan Miller pans out. I think because fierson and blades are legacies, people discounted their talent.
this staff hasnt reached in two years on anyone.

Advertisement
I don't see how you can say this is a second rate staff at recruiting, when the 2018 and 2020 classes point to the exact opposite of that.

It's this one class that is down for whatever reason

Last class was all the way elite... lol talking about a notch below bc ur boyfriend plays for UGa
It wasnt elite because of numerous misses to close it had nothing to do with one guy, I wish it was one guy cause then that means we got the rest of em. We missed alot of guys to close thats facts Im not making that **** up I wish I was.

I don't see how you can say this is a second rate staff at recruiting, when the 2018 and 2020 classes point to the exact opposite of that.

It's this one class that is down for whatever reason
U cant follow up that 18 class with a mediocre 19 class, thats what causes unbalanced rosters and screws **** up. If we want to be elite we have to get elite classes yearly so guys can push each other.

Advertisement
It wasnt elite because of numerous misses to close it had nothing to do with one guy, I wish it was one guy cause then that means we got the rest of em. We missed alot of guys to close thats facts Im not making that **** up I wish I was.
in '17 and '18 they recruited way better than the past two staffs. people dont realize the damage the last two staffs did in south florida.

Three straight losses to end the year didn’t help.

Staff put so much effort into ‘18 kids it was behind for ‘19 kids. Delayed evals didn’t help (Battle, e.g.).

Dent was a UM commit hears ago. Hunter was too but he’s a flake. Stevenson and Bogle and Lucas and Ladson are the type of local kids we need to keep home.

It’s not a stacked year in So Fla but we are also not keeping most of the top kids home. In a slower year, it’s even more important than otherwise to hold onto the top kids.

Blah blah blah whatever nxgga stfu crying about Tyson Campbell. U think anybody on this board believes ur point is about Chatman and Briggs?? Lol yeah those two meant the difference between elite and a “notch below” gtfoh

Last edited:
wrong again...15 of 23 kids were 4* kids and our average player ranking was a 91....that with a kicker and FB added in that class too. Elite teams have a "blue chip" ratio of around 65-70 percent on their roster. Seeing as how we had a 65% BC ratio and average player rating of 91 (which is 4 star) while taking a kicker and FB to drag on those ratings means last years class was elite.

Advertisement
Top 10 is elite in my opinion, you can win championships if you recruit at that level consistently. I don't think we are going to get top 5 classes unless we are already competing for championships. Top 10 is doable for a great recruiter though.

Top 10 is elite in my opinion, you can win championships if you recruit at that level consistently. I don't think we are going to get top 5 classes unless we are already competing for championships. Top 10 is doable for a great recruiter though.
i think '17 and '18 were VERY good classes. Plus unlike golden, richt gets all the kids enrolled. That being said, im not loving '19, we cant have off years. We need defensive depth bad. I like holley but i want the aquinas kid. i want DE's and we needs all these LB's to stick

One of the best classes weve ever had was the 2016 class

And it was ranked #20
WTF are you talking about? '16 was a last minute class. AR, JJ, and a few others were good but it was overall a medicore to weak class.
we had transfers, young is out, wright get booted, and the LB's have shown to be overrated.

Advertisement
i think '17 and '18 were VERY good classes. Plus unlike golden, richt gets all the kids enrolled. That being said, im not loving '19, we cant have off years. We need defensive depth bad. I like holley but i want the aquinas kid. i want DE's and we needs all these LB's to stick

I agree for the most part, 2017 was on the bubble for me, 2018 was elite. This year is simply pretty good. If we can finish in the top 15 I'll be satisfied. Next year if we can get top 10 than the 4 year haul will be right around that #10 mark, which is basically the lowest you can get and still win a championship based on the past 20ish years.

Half of those 3 stars are getting bumping bro. Blissett, Crowley, Brownlee, and Holley are all getting bumps and Ivins expects us to add Evan Neal, Kenny McIntosh, Keon Zipperer, JJ Weaver, Khris Bogle, Braylen Ingraham, And Richards little bro.

Edit: He also expects Cornelius Nunn at the moment.

That's an excellent list, but I wish there was more than one OL on it.

Advertisement
wrong again...15 of 23 kids were 4* kids and our average player ranking was a 91....that with a kicker and FB added in that class too. Elite teams have a "blue chip" ratio of around 65-70 percent on their roster. Seeing as how we had a 65% BC ratio and average player rating of 91 (which is 4 star) while taking a kicker and FB to drag on those ratings means last years class was elite.
It was close to me it should have been way better and could of been but the coaches couldnt hold off on numerous prospects not just one numerous. Still was our best class ever though

Blah blah blah whatever nxgga stfu crying about Tyson Campbell. U think anybody on this board believes ur point is about Chatman and Briggs?? Lol yeah those two meant the difference between elite and a “notch below” gtfoh
So your saying we never went after those guys peters jobe ps2? We went all out and got beat period. No matter what piff u smokin we lost on nsd no matter what homer **** u say. Tell me we didnt lose out and tell me MR wasnt going after them. Your post is right if we werent going after them. Chatfield Chapman Peters Briggs Jobe PS2 Asante Ty the list is long bruh. I understand some but homegrown elites u cant lose

chatfield was a drop and Jobe had issues. i know a kid who went to fsu because he told me he knew he had to put in some effort academically at Miami. he really should flunk out of FSu with his grades but they are letting it slide. that being said, we missed on too a few elites

#1 - We are not getting the elites of the elite in South Florida at the moment. So, this takes Ladson, Stevenson, Dent, Battle off the table.
#2 - The top guys on the board aren't currently committed...Evan Neal seems like a future commit, but we're still in a battle for guys like Bogle, McIntosh.
#3 - We've passed on guys who rank high locally...see Elam, Dunmore, Sanguinetti...even extends possibly to N. Wright...we've evaluated players ranked lower than them higher.

Basically, the Canes don't have the math for a higher rated class between those three caveat.

Still, I do agree...this class is a bit underwhelming at the moment. For me, its the lack of QB, the three star dice rolls on interior DL, and the lack of OL commits at the moment that currently make it hollow.

Advertisement
Back