What went wrong with this years class?

It was close to me it should have been way better and could of been but the coaches couldnt hold off on numerous prospects not just one numerous. Still was our best class ever though
You say best ever class in your opinion, but wasn't elite. Was just close....can't make this **** up

Advertisement
It wasnt elite because of numerous misses to close it had nothing to do with one guy, I wish it was one guy cause then that means we got the rest of em. We missed alot of guys to close thats facts Im not making that **** up I wish I was.
A lot of the misses at the end of last year were DL and that was due to the DL coach having already checked out..

You say best ever class in your opinion, but wasn't elite. Was just close....can't make this **** up
It is our best class ever in terms of the recruiting coverage era. And thats not saying much because we havent had an elite class this era yet. Dont say 08 that class flamed out they never lived up to it bad evals. If recruiting was covered the way it is now all butch classes in his later years were at least all top 5 and played like it. But we r talking modern era....just because its our best class doesnt mean anything when all our classes werent that great in the era to begin with

Advertisement
Down year overall but I think we are locking down the best in the area, regardless of stars (outside of the few requiring the highest bidder) and really, isn't that all we've been asking for for years?

Not to mention we can still close strong and expect a few 4 star bumps. The class can easily jump to around top 10 imo.

Now, if we dont close with a few blue chips, panic mode.

South Florida's way down and we lose every big game we play in. The few 5star types in South Florida sound like traitorous losers. We aren't exciting to watch on offense unless Jeff/Deejay decide to go HAM. We don't have very good recruiters on the defensive side of the ball. There's 4 significant reasons.

South Florida's way down and we lose every big game we play in. The few 5star types in South Florida sound like traitorous losers. We aren't exciting to watch on offense unless Jeff/Deejay decide to go HAM. We don't have very good recruiters on the defensive side of the ball. There's 4 significant reasons.
we lose every big game? we beat WVU in a bowl and VT, FSU (down year) and ND since Richt has been here. Pope, Silvera, Jordan, and Lingard were as goOd as anyone in the country at their position. I'd take Gurvan Hall over anybody regardless of stars. We flip Joyner and no one even cares lol. Kool really hurt our defensive recruiting. Listen to how much these kids talk about jess recruiting them. Kool was kooling out and it also forced manny to have to recruit dl guys which hurt our LB recruiting too. listen i get the frustration because i'm frustrated too but 17 and 18 were very strong classes.

Advertisement
we lose every big game? we beat WVU in a bowl and VT, FSU (down year) and ND since Richt has been here. Pope, Silvera, Jordan, and Lingard were as goOd as anyone in the country at their position. I'd take Gurvan Hall over anybody regardless of stars. We flip Joyner and no one even cares lol. Kool really hurt our defensive recruiting. Listen to how much these kids talk about jess recruiting them. Kool was kooling out and it also forced manny to have to recruit dl guys which hurt our LB recruiting too. listen i get the frustration because i'm frustrated too but 17 and 18 were very strong classes.

We had a lot of hope to sell in the 17 and 18 classes. The ending to 18 and the LSU game were absolutely brutal to the recruiting cause and you're crazy if you don't believe that. Just a titanic kick in the nuts when it seemed we were rolling.

We had a lot of hope to sell in the 17 and 18 classes. The ending to 18 and the LSU game were absolutely brutal to the recruiting cause and you're crazy if you don't believe that. Just a titanic kick in the nuts when it seemed we were rolling.

I have to agree with Swagger here. You can still sell the story with an L vs Clemson, but Pitt, Wisconsin and LSU are back breaking losses. It's the difference between this class being very good and excellent.

i agree. plus this generation grew up watching lebron and durant and athletes like that so they dont have shame all going to Bama.
i will never fault richt on recruiting so far. the NFL is LOADED wiht productive kids he coached at UGA. He has done a very good job here but '19 cant be a bad class. We need a Akeem dent or Stevenson. if south florida is not loaded, go elsewhere

The traitorous So FL cowards wouldn't have come here if we win the OB or beat LSU. Ws mean nothing to the mercenaries down here.

Advertisement
The traitorous So FL cowards wouldn't have come here if we win the OB or beat LSU. Ws mean nothing to the mercenaries down here.
we have been medicore since they were babies. they havent seen our guys going to the league and do well in recent years. its just the way it is. under butch we wer egetting raped down here so he found kids from other parts of the country.

Top 10 is elite in my opinion, you can win championships if you recruit at that level consistently. I don't think we are going to get top 5 classes unless we are already competing for championships. Top 10 is doable for a great recruiter though.
Top 10 isn’t necessarily elite. I think you have to grade them independently of just a ranking. 2018 was 100% elite. This class can still end up elite if we get our top targets.

Advertisement
yeah im sure we can selectively pass on the best players from the key schools in 1 random recruiting cycle and keep it moving next year, we can jump in and out like a booty call, for sure thatll work

If we land all of or nearly all of Neal, Bogle, Weaver, Summerall, Richards, McIntosh it'll be just as highly rated as last year.

Add in other names that always come up late that we may have a shot at.

Jahfari Harvey's recruiti profile shows he is being recruited as a DE, but there's plenty of rivals camp videos showing him doing LBs vs RBs drills and doing coverage drills, which hes really good at.

Jahfari Harvey's recruiti profile shows he is being recruited as a DE, but there's plenty of rivals camp videos showing him doing LBs vs RBs drills and doing coverage drills, which hes really good at.

Yea but he is better rushing the passer as a DE and he is recruited as such

Advertisement
Back