What went wrong with this years class?

Problem2

All-American
Premium
Lets look at things objectively, not saying it is a terrible class, but it doesn't compare to last years or what next years is looking like in terms of elite players. Currently ranked 20th, that's simply not going to get it done. Especially if you have weaknesses on the coaching staff.

17 commits. Nine are 3 Stars. Fair enough if you want to say a player to two like Crowley will eventually get bumped up. But not all of them will. So what you're hoping is that this coaching staff is a not only a good evaluator of talent, but can develop these guys.

So what happened this year where we aren't getting the same level of player? And please don't say stars don't matter. That's a weak *** argument.

But I can concede that an occasional class that is like this is alright, as long as you go back to a top 10 class the next year. We will see, and obviously there is still time left for them to get better players in the fold

Advertisement
Lets look at things objectively, not saying it is a terrible class, but it doesn't compare to last years or what next years is looking like in terms of elite players. Currently ranked 20th, that's simply not going to get it done. Especially if you have weaknesses on the coaching staff.

17 commits. Nine are 3 Stars. Fair enough if you want to say a player to two like Crowley will eventually get bumped up. But not all of them will. So what you're hoping is that this coaching staff is a not only a good evaluator of talent, but can develop these guys.

So what happened this year where we aren't getting the same level of player? And please don't say stars don't matter. That's a weak *** argument.

But I can concede that an occasional class that is like this is alright, as long as you go back to a top 10 class the next year. We will see, and obviously there is still time left for them to get better players in the fold
i agree with this. im really concerned.

Early signing period is two months away

It's really not that early anymore to be questing what they are doing

Advertisement
Not necessarily a "weak-*** argument."

There's a rough correlation between stars and quality of a recruit. The recruiting services are getting better, they have camps now to evaluate players, but programs recruit to fill needs and how a coach evaluates may not correlate to recruit rankings.

You'd make your argument stronger by listing those we really want but who are getting away. How many have we lost? Stevenson, maybe? Battle? Still in it? Ladson? Others?

I'm more concerned with whether we're filling our needs and with the players we really want.

The jury is really out on this class...too many top targets are uncommitted.

Look at DMoney'a posts outlining the position by position recruits in South Florida. It is a down year in the area. Last year and next year are seemingly loaded. Granted we are still possibly going to miss on two of the top ones in Stevenson and Ladson, but there just not as many players as usual this cycle.

Early signing period is two months away

It's really not that early anymore to be questing what they are doing
Half of those 3 stars are getting bumping bro. Blissett, Crowley, Brownlee, and Holley are all getting bumps and Ivins expects us to add Evan Neal, Kenny McIntosh, Keon Zipperer, JJ Weaver, Khris Bogle, Braylen Ingraham, And Richards little bro.

Edit: He also expects Cornelius Nunn at the moment.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Half of those 3 stars are getting bumping bro. Blissett, Crowley, Brownlee, and Holley are all getting bumps and Ivins expects us to add Evan Neal, Kenny McIntosh, Keon Zipperer, JJ Weaver, Khris Bogle, Braylen Ingraham, And Richards little bro.
I thought Mcintosh was a Oklahoma lean. Did something change? I hope so

I thought Mcintosh was a Oklahoma lean. Did something change? I hope so
Nobody thinks he’s a take for them and Ivins has never moved his CB...if he thought it wasn’t happening he would’ve moved it to foggy already.

I agree, although McIntosh is looking like he prefers Oklahoma. Also, who knows what happens in the Jordan Battle saga.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Different kind of year. I’ve made the case in previous threads that I think this is the year where the bags game is out of the closet and all of the kids know it and are putting themselves in the game.Why else would Cane locks like McIntosh and Richards be connected to OK.and Auburn Not to mention Bogle to Tenn and Stevenson to Ga. These are the type kids that committed early last year and stuck. Hope it all works out for us.

Patke, bro. Kids can't say no until they do. The Bartender. Makes Long islands in his sleep, bro. Coaches son. Backup QB at Mt Dora the explorer. Jessica Simpson bro. He won some games in Georgia. Georgia bro! RuMF. Can't sign kids him from his own school but they give him visits. Watch the visits, bro. WaRtch The FiRnish bro!

Advertisement
Back