What went wrong with this years class?

We rely heavily on FL. It's not a fantastic year. we land few bigger names still on the board and a few of our evaluations outplay their rankings (eg Crowley) and we can be a top 15 class. Not a disaster. What needs to stop though, is missing on the cream of the crop during down years, i.e. Ladson, Battle, etc.

Advertisement
This class looks loaded with talent to me already and we are serious contenders for all of our remaining targets.

We rely heavily on FL. It's not a fantastic year. we land few bigger names still on the board and a few of our evaluations outplay their rankings (eg Crowley) and we can be a top 15 class. Not a disaster. What needs to stop though, is missing on the cream of the crop during down years, i.e. Ladson, Battle, etc.
we didnt necessarily miss out on the cream of the crop. we got lingard, pope, silvera, gurvan hall, etc. we just needed more CB's and lost out on a few elite ones.

Let these next three months play out first before speculating and over reacting

Advertisement
The new early signing period has already effectively changed the national signing day. February will quietly fade away in the years ahead. Therefore, we have got roughly 90 days to NSD. Time to close!

Advertisement
Lets look at things objectively, not saying it is a terrible class, but it doesn't compare to last years or what next years is looking like in terms of elite players. Currently ranked 20th, that's simply not going to get it done. Especially if you have weaknesses on the coaching staff.

17 commits. Nine are 3 Stars. Fair enough if you want to say a player to two like Crowley will eventually get bumped up. But not all of them will. So what you're hoping is that this coaching staff is a not only a good evaluator of talent, but can develop these guys.

So what happened this year where we aren't getting the same level of player? And please don't say stars don't matter. That's a weak *** argument.

But I can concede that an occasional class that is like this is alright, as long as you go back to a top 10 class the next year. We will see, and obviously there is still time left for them to get better players in the fold
we cant compete with the big boys for blue chips, we will get one here and there but i think they sometimes dont want to fight and get left out to dry. I mean thats gotta be it right?

Last year we signed a great class because we finished the 2016 season on a 5 game win streak and beat the crap out of WV in the bowl game.Lasr year we lost our last 3 games and Clemson embarrassed us in the ACC ****le game.Kids have some doubt now.
How come that argument never seems to be the case for other colleges?

It seems only Miami is having to constantly prove they're great for kids to consider us.

Advertisement
Lets look at things objectively, not saying it is a terrible class, but it doesn't compare to last years or what next years is looking like in terms of elite players. Currently ranked 20th, that's simply not going to get it done. Especially if you have weaknesses on the coaching staff.

17 commits. Nine are 3 Stars. Fair enough if you want to say a player to two like Crowley will eventually get bumped up. But not all of them will. So what you're hoping is that this coaching staff is a not only a good evaluator of talent, but can develop these guys.

So what happened this year where we aren't getting the same level of player? And please don't say stars don't matter. That's a weak *** argument.

But I can concede that an occasional class that is like this is alright, as long as you go back to a top 10 class the next year. We will see, and obviously there is still time left for them to get better players in the fold
I think I’ve seen 5 of the dumbest posts of the year in the last 2 days. This is one of them.

It’s September 16, 2018. Still a lot of work to be done.
what do u think of the class though? if last years was border line elite well not border line a notch below....what do u think of this one as it stands right now honestly.

Advertisement
We have a second rate staff in recruiting, and an arguably worse staff at coaching. This recruiting class is a ******* embarrassment for the only power 5 school located in the most prolific talent grounds in the nation.

Even worse, Mark Richt is not cut throat enough to do a **** thing about it. Nobody on staff is going to change despite how trash our recruiting is, how trash our game day scheme is, and how embarrassing the stretch from late November to now is. Dude is going to ride comfortably on 9 wins and a coastal into retirement because we have a fan base that seems to be content.

Pathetic, all the way around. The excuses in this thread, and defense of what should be clear to anyone that has working eyes in other threads is sickening.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. This class is going to really determine whether or not S. Fl 3* are better then other states 4*. It's a down year in the area and state. That's a fact. Last year was loaded, next year is loaded, 2021 is loaded i believe. That right there is a huge reason why our class looks the way it does right now.

Most of our top targets last year committed early. Not the case this year. We have about 8-10 more kids and we'll get about 6 more 4*s out of those remaining, probably 2-3 of our kids get bumps to 4*s, and maybe another 5* kid in neal. That would put us around 9-13 in the rankings with 13-15 4* or better. While not where we were last year or on the level of bama and uga, but still solid for Miami.

We just have to make sure we take the right 3* kids. This board thinks Brooks is a 5*, but he is one of our lowest rated commits. Blissett is the 31st ranked DT in the country and his athletic scores are very good for his position and that translates well, but only an 87. Holley is our lowest commit, but there are things on film you can like. I personally like our C kid Eguankin kid.

We have a second rate staff in recruiting, and an arguably worse staff at coaching. This recruiting class is a ******* embarrassment for the only power 5 school located in the most prolific talent grounds in the nation.

Even worse, Mark Richt is not cut throat enough to do a **** thing about it. Nobody on staff is going to change despite how trash our recruiting is, how trash our game day scheme is, and how embarrassing the stretch from late November to now is. Dude is going to ride comfortably on 9 wins and a coastal into retirement because we have a fan base that seems to be content.

Pathetic, all the way around. The excuses in this thread, and defense of what should be clear to anyone that has working eyes in other threads is sickening.

I mean, it's not that bad.

what do u think of the class though? if last years was border line elite well not border line a notch below....what do u think of this one as it stands right now honestly.

Last class was all the way elite... lol talking about a notch below bc ur boyfriend plays for UGa

Advertisement
Back