What must Al accomplish to stay off the hot seat next year?

Advertisement
Looking back this year and with how our recruiting class finished I realize how important it is to CLOSE STRONG. The second half of our season involves Va Tech, UNC, UVA and Pitt...key ACC games.

Finish strong (beating Va Tech, UNC, UVA and PITT), winning the Coastal and winning your bowl game makes me a happy camper. After our last bowl appearance it is important Golden and staff shows they can properly prepare for an opponent. Winning the bowl game is very important in my eyes no matter who we are playing.

Granted I'm assuming we are in a decent bowl aka (winning at least 8 games and #1 Coastal seed). FSU is almost a certain L, Nebraska can be a win depending if our QB shows promise in the first two games (Nebraska is starting a new QB). Golden needs to show in games he is favored he can make it happen.

Finish strong winning the coastal and win whatever bowl game you are in

Win at least 10 games and win the sorry *** Coastal.

This is all I care about.

It really should be WTACCOGTFO, but I know we're not gonna do that.
Yea. WTACCOGTFO is my mantra for the simple fact that he's keeping D'Onofrio. He chose him over making a change so he has to win with him, and the defense has to perform next year.

But since I know that's not going to happen, if he...

wins 9 games,
wins the coastal,
and wins the bowl game,

everyone (vast majority) will see it as an improvement. And I'd have a hard time arguing against it.

All I ask is that our team look respectable and prepared. Seriously, it wasn't even about the losses for me this year. It was about the fact that we looked like we didn't know what was going on, as if we didn't even belong on the same field as Duke.

Completely agree.

Advertisement
Win the ACC is what he needs to do so I stop hating the excuse machine that wanted to go to Penn State and closes like Heath Bell

Win 9 games and the Coastal.

8 or 7 wins and he will still keep his job, but is on the hot seat the next year.

6 wins or less and he should be fired. The university doesn't want to pay the buyout, but they just got through the NCAA issues and probably feel that now is the time that they can compete and make some profits. The school would see eating the buyout as fiscally a wiser option if the alternative is having a lame duck coach with a nice salary trudging to 7 wins every year. If they think they can hire a cheap and affordable replacement, they wont think twice about firing him. The school should know by now that they can get Butch Davis for 1.5 million a year and he'd be popular with the fanbase, may actually win/bring fans to the games, and would bring profits into the school.

Last edited:
The goal in year 4 is to win the ACC.

To stay off the hot seat? He has to win 10 games and the coastal. Anything less and the fan base will be livid.

i expect a loss at Louisville to set off a terrible season.

Advertisement
I'm obviously missing something here. How does he automatically get another year if he fires Dorito after the 14' season? That makes absolutely no ******* sense. WE have 3 years of data that says Dorito sucks monkey balls. Another year as a data point should get Golden fired for keeping this DC and crappy scheme.

I'm obviously missing something here. How does he automatically get another year if he fires Dorito after the 14' season? That makes absolutely no ****ing sense. WE have 3 years of data that says Dorito sucks monkey balls. Another year as a data point should get Golden fired for keeping this DC and crappy scheme.

I agree with your argument. That's just not how it will go down I fear. He fires dorito next year it grants him an extra year at the minimum.

Unless we completely tank like not bowl eligible. If that happens Al's gone for sure.

T-E-N W-I-N-S.

Defense ranked in the top 50...in catagories that matter.

Oh, and win a ******* bowl game.

Advertisement
We need to show improvement in all areas and compete with everyone. No more 3 TD losses. And if we start the yr out crappy, he needs to have the balls to fire his buddy.

His seat isn't even warm. He wasn't forced to make any staff changes. His agent took care of any hot seat BS thanks to Shapirogate.

Advertisement
Win at least 10 games and win the sorry *** Coastal.

This is all I care about.

It really should be WTACCOGTFO, but I know we're not gonna do that.
Yea. WTACCOGTFO is my mantra for the simple fact that he's keeping D'Onofrio. He chose him over making a change so he has to win with him, and the defense has to perform next year.

But since I know that's not going to happen, if he...

wins 9 games,
wins the coastal,
and wins the bowl game,

everyone (vast majority) will see it as an improvement. And I'd have a hard time arguing against it.

I'm with you on this but there are 10 wins on this schedule. However they are achieved I don't really care. But there are 10 wins out there.

The goal for every FBS team should be to compete for the national title. Not win a sh@tty conference.

Last edited:
If we lose the opener to Louisville, they might as well go ahead and tarp off the entire upper deck and both endzones. Yes, it will be that bad.

Fire his sorry *** defensive coordinator. Nothing will change until this happens.

gotta agree, but i really dont see that happening, he made the cardinal mistake dont mix your personal life with business, honestly if this guy wasn't his friend he would have been booted out the door long ago

Advertisement
Back