What must Al accomplish to stay off the hot seat next year?

bobbydigius

illiterate
Premium
I know this is a touchy subject but what do you feel are the benchmarks for next year?

Think we need to win 10 games, win the Coastal, and the defense has to be greatly improved, its year 4 and the 3rd year with his players. We have two true elite playmakers in Coley and Duke, and this will be the most talented defense we have had since 2011(yeah I know, shortest midget......) 9 wins might work if we are al least competitive and improved but 8 wins would be a disaster and would surely make the recruiting class fall apart. It really is put up or shut up for Al, I know he still has that last card of firing Dorito if need be but next year will be the year that ultimately determines his future, even though I realize unless he completely tanks would not get fire.

Advertisement
All I ask is that our team look respectable and prepared. Seriously, it wasn't even about the losses for me this year. It was about the fact that we looked like we didn't know what was going on, as if we didn't even belong on the same field as Duke.

All I ask is that our team look respectable and prepared. Seriously, it wasn't even about the losses for me this year. It was about the fact that we looked like we didn't know what was going on, as if we didn't even belong on the same field as Duke.

This. As much as everyone here thinks they know what the **** they're talking about, in reality we are aesthetic fans. We want to win, but if we aren't going to win, we want our team to at least be exciting.

We not only choked this season, but it was boring. Our guys looked like they were going through the motions. Same thing every game, ESPECIALLY with the cot dayum defense. I want a team that fights, adpats, etc. Essentially I want our team to look like that Louisville team that wiped the floor with us. Once we get there, we can start worrying about getting to FSU's level again.

And quite frankly if Golden doesn't make it happen this year he isn't going to and it is time to move on. We could have the type of team I just talked about with the #25 recruiting class in the country, made up of all kids from the Tri Counties that the big boys passed on, so the "we don't have enough talent" **** is over with. We do not have enough talent to win the national title, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be able to blow out Wake Forest or keep it close with ******* Louisville.

/rant over, sorry boys

Oddly we can go 1-11 and Al is not gonna get fired...
UM is launching the beginning of the Golden Era with this class...and are now "FULL SPEED AHEAD"
His now on the clock and has another 3 years....

The final cherry on top is Al's contract goes to 2020...LORD HELP US ALL!!!!!

Advertisement
must get to the ACC title game and lose no more than 2 games the entire season.

A lost to Louisville. I would expect the wheels to start falling off. Mark D'Onofrio will begin looking for another job and he will use that as a scapegoat.

It doesn't matter what he does. His contract runs until 2020 that's a big time buyout. Whoever re-upped this guy till 2020 is an idiot.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
real hot seat? or our fans with 0 perspective hot seat?

Are there fans that overreact? Sure. Are there fans who blindly follow and would positively follow regardless of how bad the truth might actually be? Yes.

What you need to understand is at this point, we MIGHT be somewhere in the middle, but we are progressively trending downward (I know contrary to wins). We are not showing that we are any better on the field and our schedule got significantly easier this year. All of the usual challenging teams on our schedule were in down years except FSU (they still only count as 1 game). Wins don't tell the entire story. I don't have to be a pro scout to see that what we were doing on defense this year (or the last 3 for that matter) was not working. I'm on the lean that Golden will not succeed, because he's not willing to make the necessary adjustments. You cannot succeed when you give up the first 5-8 yards for free every play.

People want to keep talking about our talent. Most of us understand we do not have championship talent, but we don't have sun belt talent either. We have enough talent to not be an embarrassment against scrub teams (Notice I did not say elite FSU level teams).

You can defend Golden and believe in the staff, but please quit deflecting the blame and making excuses for this staff. At some point, people have to realize it all falls back on the coaches. Even with the cloud, we have recruited well enough that with proper player development and coaching, we should not look this bad against teams like Wake Forest.

If we don't play 14 total games this season Golden had better be willing to address the problems through termination or be prepared to go job hunting.

If we go miracle mile and somehow make the playoffs then Al keeps his job forever and I will stfu about dorito.

Advertisement
Back