What made you signup and start posting on CIS

Advertisement
Iirc he left scout and became a camp counselor or something like that. By what I recall, he was a good guy IRL, just wasn’t a journalist or a talent evaluator or an insider and tried too hard to be all of that.
I wonder if he has a secret account on one of the Canes sites. I just don't see how someone could walk away from following recruiting and posting.

I followed JG14 over here after he pulled the plug on the Greek Male Talk board.

I thought it was better than SOTU.

I was right and wrong. Better contributors and intelligent posters, way way more morons who are somehow, unbelievably, even more stupid.

Advertisement
I wonder if he has a secret account on one of the Canes sites. I just don't see how someone could walk away from following recruiting and posting.
My guess is he really moved on. Didn’t seem like he had friends on the boards.

I like my guy who runs the Official Canes fan group on Facebook, but I was introduced to CIS in 2016, lurked until 2018, then I seen a post so ludicrous I had to sat something.

Havent been on there in years..when i was on there i think guys like Charles Fishbein the nole fan was on there
Yeah that guy drove me off the site. Such a blowhard. There were a couple others who were obnoxious too. I forget their usernames but one of them had NJ in his or something.

Shadow is on twitter @CaneRage looks like he hasn't tweeted in a while. Edit: that account exists here too apparently.

Advertisement
So what you signup and start posting versus lurking? What barriers exist that keep lurkers from signing up now and posting?
Sometimes you just gotta let the chick know you want the *****..closed mouths don’t get fed

We’re coming up on the 10th anniversary. You fellas gotta plan a tailgate birthday celebration with arepas. In honor of the board’s legacy, suggest also baloney sammiches and Wal-Mart pizza.
Crash the sonic afterwards on some HS ****??

Advertisement
Nobody has a bigger ignore list than me.
That’s not accurate though you’re up there I believe.

Sorry, I misunderstood - you are saying you have a lot of posters on ignore. You actually aren’t high up on the ignore list of others. There are some posters who have LCE on ignore. Smh. Those guys literally put people on ignore as soon as they post. Lol

One of the things I want to do in 2021 is grow our user count at a higher rate and increase activity on the site. The key to the whole **** thing is getting users to signup and create content. I am trying to understand what barriers exists that prevent users from registering and posting.
Tbh..you see how mofos shame ppl on their takes (I wear that badge proudly) I think that makes some hesitant to post their opinions. So they lurk on the fringe.. Idk why that is since we are all grown men aside from @The Franchise I’m convinced he’s a overweight HS jr with a great sense of dry Humor...all kidding aside for being a free site canesinsight offers a good chunk of info and opinions..and for the most part all good ppl. If it’s slow at work I hop on and if I’m on toilet contemplating life decisions like i was these last few post I give my 2 cents

Sorry, I misunderstood - you are saying you have a lot of posters on ignore. You actually aren’t high up on the ignore list of others. There are some posters who have LCE on ignore. Smh. Those guys literally put people on ignore as soon as they post. Lol
Never understood the ignore button until I ran into the 3 lost souls I have on ignore

Advertisement

Yeah you got it right.

As for the bolded part...you can count me in that group. Dude is very abrasive. I guess I am too but at least I'm willing to argue and entertain others' opinions without turning into the posting equivalent of a bratty child on a sugar high.

Yeah you got it right.

As for the bolded part...you can count me in that group. Dude is very abrasive. I guess I am too but at least I'm willing to argue and entertain others' opinions without turning into the posting equivalent of a bratty child on a sugar high.
Good Gawd noooo man. That’s just wrong dude. I know you know a **** ton about football but still - You can’t ignore the 🐐 - can you??? You think he’s abrasive??? He’s so nice. Look at him, how could you???

90C7661F-D126-45C0-A5D3-7631134F5B87.gif

You don’t like his input on recruiting in the East Miami schools like MNW, CC, Central, NTW, Norland?? That’s crazy to me but I guess you don’t value the input the same way.

It’s a small group but now I’m gonna look up which of you other locos has the GOAT on ignore.

Canesport was a joke and I came here because the news was less Ferman like (big headline with no truth). Last straw was during the early Golden years, other teams fans started blowing up the freeboard and actual canes fans were getting banned while the others were runnin wild.

Most importantly Dan E Dangerously and the more you know threads were the all time best.

I believe Bryan sold Grassy and it transition to Canestime. Bakas tried to make it a money maker. Problem #1 is the guy acted like an insider but as I recall he lived in CT.

No Bakas lived in Orlando and Volusia over the years. Don't know where he is today. I haven't talked with him in about ten years. He was a good guy, and good at his job in the beginning.

I got to know him decently well. I moved to the SF Bay area in 2001 and not long afterwards we started recruiting Kyle Wright who went to HS in the area. Bakas flew out a couple times to watch him play, but was too young to be able to rent a car, so I drove him to the games lol

Same when the Florida-California all-star games were being played in SoCal he and I would meet up because otherwise he'd have no way of being able to get around.

Early on Mike worked it well. I saw first hand that he had cultivated a close relationship with KW. And at the Florida-Cali all-star games he knew the kids well; e.g. Pata, Beason, all of them really. That was when he was college age and he wasn't the typical old dude from the recruiting sites that used to creep the recruits out. He never really knew many of the guys on any of the coaching staffs like Ferman or Gene Williams (Warchant) did. Bakas' connections were with the kids/recruits.

The problem was that Mike had basically devoted his late teen and college age years to being a website recruiting guy, but that's not a career. Scout owned the site, not Bakas. They paid peanuts, and there was no future or upside. Bakas realized this and started to lose interest, and stopped working it as diligently and energetically as he did when he was younger.

Advertisement
Back