What made you signup and start posting on CIS

Advertisement
Actually the "brows" recruiting reports led me here. Then the amount of buffoons porsting just dragged me down the rabbit hole....

No Bakas lived in Orlando and Volusia over the years. Don't know where he is today. I haven't talked with him in about ten years. He was a good guy, and good at his job in the beginning.

I got to know him decently well. I moved to the SF Bay area in 2001 and not long afterwards we started recruiting Kyle Wright who went to HS in the area. Bakas flew out a couple times to watch him play, but was too young to be able to rent a car, so I drove him to the games lol

Same when the Florida-California all-star games were being played in SoCal he and I would meet up because otherwise he'd have no way of being able to get around.

Early on Mike worked it well. I saw first hand that he had cultivated a close relationship with KW. And at the Florida-Cali all-star games he knew the kids well; e.g. Pata, Beason, all of them really. That was when he was college age and he wasn't the typical old dude from the recruiting sites that used to creep the recruits out. He never really knew many of the guys on any of the coaching staffs like Ferman or Gene Williams (Warchant) did. Bakas' connections were with the kids/recruits.

The problem was that Mike had basically devoted his late teen and college age years to being a website recruiting guy, but that's not a career. Scout owned the site, not Bakas. They paid peanuts, and there was no future or upside. Bakas realized this and started to lose interest, and stopped working it as diligently and energetically as he did when he was younger.

PS: I ended up here because of the same reason everybody else came here in the beginning. The First (and final) Erin Andrews' Lounge Nudes War

I just needed something to read while I hid in the john from my wife and kids
football celebrating GIF by Bundesliga

Iirc he left scout and became a camp counselor or something like that. By what I recall, he was a good guy IRL, just wasn’t a journalist or a talent evaluator or an insider and tried too hard to be all of that.
think he was a baseball guy...he lived in daytona beach area. Met him 1 time...as i attended camp as an actual recruit. Think it was the UM Nike Camp lol

Its like he vanished though would like for someone to get him to sign up on here...from what i remember he sort of looked like IVins...the Zack from Save by the bells look

Advertisement
Advertisement
Funny stuff in here.

I lurked for a while but jumped in more actively once I booked a trip to Miami and saw a game at Hard Rock. Needed to understand the lay of the land to maximize the experience. D$ and other were a big help! Unbelievable time! It was the V-Tech game in 2019. Tough loss but Deejay's TD run to tie the game was incredible.

You can find me at the 20-22 second mark pointing to Harley, who got a flag. It looked like he went full on X Pac with a "suck it" to the ref.

Got lots of good tips for checking out campus, surviving three nights on Ocean Drive (left my ID at one place and luckily found the next morning), and where to sit at the game.

Plan on going back again this year for the NC State or G Tech game.

Good Gawd noooo man. That’s just wrong dude. I know you know a **** ton about football but still - You can’t ignore the 🐐 - can you??? You think he’s abrasive??? He’s so nice. Look at him, how could you???

View attachment 144814

You don’t like his input on recruiting in the East Miami schools like MNW, CC, Central, NTW, Norland?? That’s crazy to me but I guess you don’t value the input the same way.

It’s a small group but now I’m gonna look up which of you other locos has the GOAT on ignore.
The crootin scoop game doesn't interest me much. Recruiting is one of the rare instances where the journey is a waste and results>>>process.

If you can't go back and forth with real arguments like @gogeta4 or @BoxingRobes then I'm out. And spare me the whining about meh players who get dropped or neglected, like that WR who lasted like a month at Nebraska.

The crootin scoop game doesn't interest me much. Recruiting is one of the rare instances where the journey is a waste and results>>>process.

If you can't go back and forth with real arguments like @gogeta4 or @BoxingRobes then I'm out. And spare me the whining about meh players who get dropped or neglected, like that WR who lasted like a month at Nebraska.
To each his own man. A lot of us like the recruiting aspects. The most prominent name on the I have LCE on Ignore list, aside from you, is jaromir jagr - currently reincarnated in a different form.

Advertisement
Easy , to neg the sh*t out of porsters...

member negging, how good was that....Also enjoyed the piece of fiction known as the work.

I was on Grassy what seems like many moons ago. I forget my handle on there. I have been a lurker here for a very long time, I only ever posted on StateoftheU. Then one day I decided to log in and start posting here. My life has been a downward spiral ever since.

Advertisement
Just when I thought I was out, 2017 and the win streak drug me back in. I wanted to see if the team was legit and found this site and these animals. I started posting right before things started going south again. I was desperate, find I still am.

I was talking with a buddy about some **** I read in the Herald and he laughed at me and told me about this place. It didn't take long to cross the event horizon after that. I probably should stop talking to him.

Chise is my hero.
RVACane is very cool, SouthSide Chi Cane is awesome, and Paranos is funny as ****.
Can keep up with my Canes and enjoy what my brother fans are sayin'.
Refreshing and informative. Love it.

Advertisement
Back