What made you signup and start posting on CIS

I just kinda drifted in like Tom Hanks in Cast Away. From Shadow’s boards, and Grassy, and Eye of the Storm, Canesport, Canestime, and finally to CIS. I just rode the Orange and Green waves of the Internet. What can I say? I’m a Cane fan from GA, and I love being able to discuss my Canes, with other fans and listening to different viewpoints. God knows I get tired of hearing about thUGA, AU, Bammer, UiF, and Fsu, all the **** time.

Advertisement
I just kinda drifted in like Tom Hanks in Cast Away. From Shadow’s boards, and Grassy, and Eye of the Storm, Canesport, Canestime, and finally to CIS. I just rode the Orange and Green waves of the Internet. What can I say? I’m a Cane fan from GA, and I love being able to discuss my Canes, with other fans and listening to different viewpoints. God knows I get tired of hearing about thUGA, AU, Bammer, UiF, and Fsu, all the **** time.
Just think it could be worse; you could live in Georgia and be a Georgia fan. xD

Advertisement
We’re coming up on the 10th anniversary. You fellas gotta plan a tailgate birthday celebration with arepas. In honor of the board’s legacy, suggest also baloney sammiches and Wal-Mart pizza.
10 years really? Wow time has gone by fast. I was on grassy and then the natural migration to here.

Advertisement
I stumbled onto this site after I left grassy and was impressed by the free info especially recruiting news.

Just think it could be worse; you could live in Georgia and be a Georgia fan. xD
Mannn... that’s some **** that I can’t even imagine. As mad as I have gotten at the Canes throughout the years, if I was a fan of a team that hasn’t won **** since 1979-80? With that inbred *** fan base?! I would be a full blown, real alcoholic by now. No way. **** nah.... not for me.

Advertisement
First is was Grassy then shadows board then CanesInsider.

They all failed for one reason or another. CIS has been the best and most consistent for years now.

side note: I’m still really surprised that not many on this site haven’t figured out that DBC posts here, but under a different name.

speaking of that. The DBC **** on grassy was hysterical. It took on a life of its own. Hahah
I believe Bryan sold Grassy and it transition to Canestime. Bakas tried to make it a money maker. Problem #1 is the guy acted like an insider but as I recall he lived in CT.

I lurked for probably 2-3 years before signing up. I discovered CIS through Twitter and kept coming back here for recruiting news. At first, it was a pain creating an account on mobile which is why I lurked for so long.

keep coming back now for the film breakdown, SFL high school insight, and just to be able to talk shop. Being up north there are not a lot of canes fans

Advertisement
I believe Bryan sold Grassy and it transition to Canestime. Bakas tried to make it a money maker. Problem #1 is the guy acted like an insider but as I recall he lived in CT.
I think he lived in Orlando or thereabouts.

Dude was thin-skinned and defensive. Thought early on that every kid Coker recruited was going to be great. He bet Fishbein that Charlie Jones and Ryan Moore > Reggie Bush and Mike Williams lol. Then he banned Fish out of embarrassment when it was obvious who knew more. Ultimately the site really went downhill when Mike realized how wrong he’d been about most kids and he became cynical, but still defensive.

Bakas future all pros included Charlie Jones, Lance Leggett and Kevin Nelson.

I think he lived in Orlando or thereabouts.

Dude was thin-skinned and defensive. Thought early on that every kid Coker recruited was going to be great. He bet Fishbein that Charlie Jones and Ryan Moore > Reggie Bush and Mike Williams lol. Then he banned Fish out of embarrassment when it was obvious who knew more. Ultimately the site really went downhill when Mike realized how wrong he’d been about most kids and he became cynical, but still defensive.

Bakas future all pros included Charlie Jones, Lance Leggett and Kevin Nelson.
What happend to Bakas? Just seems weird that a guy into recruiting would go down with the ship like that.

What happend to Bakas? Just seems weird that a guy into recruiting would go down with the ship like that.
Iirc he left scout and became a camp counselor or something like that. By what I recall, he was a good guy IRL, just wasn’t a journalist or a talent evaluator or an insider and tried too hard to be all of that.

Advertisement
Back