What made you signup and start posting on CIS

Well let’s see here. The posters and writers on rivals are awful. It seems most of the members are dbags live overseas, are illiterate, and know squat about football. They all are huge slurpers. It’s also censored beyond belief.
Scout was solid for years but declined big time when Mike lost his contacts. Then the inevitable happened.

Advertisement
I don’t live in Miami and feel like this joint keeps me in the loop with the Canes. I think many posters are knowledgeable, some are funny and then there are a few I could do without but that’s not a big deal for me personally. I started posting a few years ago, bring zero to the table so I try to stay in my lane. There are some dudes on here who I know I would get along with if we went to a game. So, all good.

In was on another site with solid posters but everyone left and came here so I followed. I forget the name of it but their was a great poster there we called the Don. I feel like there was one troll over there that drove **** near all the posters off. I forget his name but if any here know what I’m talking about let me know.

Advertisement
I enjoy the intelligent discourse and great camaraderie. Oh, and the maudes here are very fair and compassionate.

One of the things I want to do in 2021 is grow our user count at a higher rate and increase activity on the site. The key to the whole **** thing is getting users to signup and create content. I am trying to understand what barriers exists that prevent users from registering and posting.

Advertisement
One of the things I want to do in 2021 is grow our user count at a higher rate and increase activity on the site. The key to the whole **** thing is getting users to signup and create content. I am trying to understand what barriers exists that prevent users from registering and posting.
For me personally, it was time. Got more time on my hands to participate more often.

Many other outlets to garner info from.

Surely anyone knows anonymity is assured here.

Cost was obviously a non-factor and the $25 no-ad option I believe is a plus.

Probably a lot of different factors as to why some choose not to set up an account. I know a guy in his mid 20’s that’s lurked for several years and he’s just really busy.

I think I signed up day 1 or 2. There weren't other dedicated Canes forums at the time and Twitter was just a place for breaking news.

As for the lurkers I assume most of them are turned off by the arrogant dip**** porsters who pollute threads with crap. Like what % of posters here contribute absolutely nothing of value but instead go thread to thread dismissing other people's posts with no reasoning of their own, or patting other posters on the back for doing it first? Is that a community environment that's conducive to engagement and retention?

Advertisement
I think I signed up day 1 or 2. There weren't other dedicated Canes forums at the time and Twitter was just a place for breaking news.

As for the lurkers I assume most of them are turned off by the arrogant dip**** porsters who pollute threads with crap. Like what % of posters here contribute absolutely nothing of value but instead go thread to thread dismissing other people's posts with no reasoning of their own, or patting other posters on the back for doing it first? Is that a community environment that's conducive to engagement and retention?
Gonna have dip****s no matter what site one’s on. Gotta have some thick skin and overlook and ignore the porsters. They’re attention whores and the more attention they get, the more they porst.

This. I was on Canesoverhere but that board is gone as well so.......

Same.

I've progressed through different boards and even lurked through some like Shadows.

My longest tenured BBS before CIS was Randy's board for several years.

Advertisement
It wasn’t a choice. I was sent by the Russians. Putin-Saban axis wanted to keep an eye on South Florida football and to make sure Miami didn’t re-emerge as a power.

Advertisement
Back