What made you signup and start posting on CIS

Advertisement
I was on GRASSY for many years same call sign I use here.
Grassy was over moderated constantly warned then I got a PM mentioned CIS and I should try it out I came here stuck my toe in the water went through my newbie time .

CIS management here are all good people and have helped me every time I’ve asked. I cannot say enough about them and there support and I’m very thankful for it.

I’m lucky to be here , I’ve always played that way it’s how I roll all good things in life are fleeting embrace them .

GOCANES

Advertisement
Advertisement
I actually started this account to post on Freeloaders/Muzzleloaders, because CaneInsider didn’t have an equivalent.

Once Brandon Odoi went nuts and band all the mods, including me as lead, I used the name to lurk for awhile before posting. It’s why my account is so old, honestly.

@Dan E. Dangerously and his Vidja Games thread. I am fortunate enough to know people up and down that industry as well as getting access to new games early/doing write ups and playtesting them so it was the thread to make me break my silence because I could actually contribute to it so all my love to Dan 🥰 A special thanks goes out to SouthParkCane, @TerragonSix and @5ringshowboutu too because they kept me talking about gaming tech as well as video games so thank you all as well. I have loved every second I have been a part of this community now and it’s one of the first things I look at when I get the free time.

Advertisement
I started lurking towards the end of 2013. If I recall, you could only see so much if you lurked. I had some opinions about what was going on. I was on the fence really.

The reason I joined is because of @The Franchise and reading his posts and I wanted in. He seemed like childhood friends I had. Dude was like Ric Flair to me. His takes called out to my inner child and made me feel young and reckless again.

What got me hooked? I’ll be honest. I’m a sucker. Recruiting and coaching hire rumors. The truth is...all of that sells really well. If you got the best info then you’ll get the most users but I’m sure you all know that.

User generated content: Thats a tougher one though. But my guess is it revolves around recruiting/transfer talk. I would try to find a way to get the recruiting threads going again. Maybe more Q&A’s? Give people the option to ask recruiting questions in a thread and then answer it in podcast. My thought is anything around recruiting will spike engagement.

Advertisement
I actually started this account to post on Freeloaders/Muzzleloaders, because CaneInsider didn’t have an equivalent.

Once Brandon Odoi went nuts and band all the mods, including me as lead, I used the name to lurk for awhile before posting. It’s why my account is so old, honestly.
I miss the competition, even though it wasn't much of one.

Lurked for a long time before posting. Didn’t think the whole 10 threads going at once was something I’d enjoy.

Once I got the hang of it, was surprised how fun it could be.

We’re coming up on the 10th anniversary. You fellas gotta plan a tailgate birthday celebration with arepas. In honor of the board’s legacy, suggest also baloney sammiches and Wal-Mart pizza.
I thought maybe a good board raid was in order.

Advertisement
Back