What hurts the most

What hurts the most is that UF isn’t very good. This was the perfect game to introduce the world to “The New Miami” and it didn’t happen.

- The story of the game is that our freshman tackles got dominated. The coaches gambled by not playing the Scaife at tackle and it backfired. Campbell and Nelson did not look ready physically or mentally against UF’s much older DEs. Do you go back to Scaife and risk killing your young players’ confidence? Barry may not have a choice.

- Jarren looked good under tough circumstances. I liked his poise. But we said similar things about Kyle Wright after FSU ‘05 and Stephen Morris after Maryland ‘11. The key will be his consistency in the ACC. He threw some dimes today.

- In the offseason, Manny talked a lot about special teams and tackling being the difference in opening games. The missed tackles on the Toney run were devastating and special teams had two critical errors. There were 114 yards in penalties, too. Not a great start for Manny but it’s a long season.

There are two weeks before the next game. North Carolina is garbage but they have a new staff and should be fired up to play at home. That game will be telling as to whether anything has changed or it is the same old story.
I'll be at the game live.. Should be a fun experience. I'm not as down as the OP.... we all saw the same thing. **** can be cleaned up so let's get to cleaning. I am a glass is half full kind of guy. Don't mind me

Advertisement
Advertisement
A lot of emotion on both sides that got out of control. all the mental mistakes resulted in a sloppy game. We definitely have the ability to win those kind of games. I expect UNC to look very different.

I had no issue with him in the wildcat. He was a great distraction and played well with Dallas. Wish we would’ve attempted a pass with Martell. My issue is when he is out running routes in the fourth quarter when we can plug in Hightower, Wiggins, Harley, Irvin or Mallory, etc. into the game

The poster Toilet Water explained it pretty well. We have to get another WR up to speed at that position. I went back and looked at that second half and sure enough the times when Martell was in was when Thomas was out (and an apparent injury to Pope). Someone is going to have to do double duty.

Advertisement
Reality is that the Gators aren't very good and we proved to be worse in this game. Ive been done listening to the Fall Camp reports telling us how talented we are and this year was no different. Zion was the answer and he was performing well enough against some of the best talent at DE that we will see in practice. Well apparently not, cause if he would have practicing against those UF DEs, no way they put him out there. Jarren showed poise and played well but anybody not getting shades of Kyle Wright just doesn't remember 2005. Same exact thing, lets see what he does moving forward.

On offense, I liked a lot of what Enos did but once again there were some things, especially giving Martell playing time that didnt make sense. The slow developing plays were somewhat puzzling, but I get that the quick strikes weren't really there either. UF realized that they needed to tighten up coverage and their front 4 could just feast on us which is what happened. Jarren missed some wide open guys. The play calling on the last series was a headscracther because UF said fvck it and just brought the house and our plays didnt really take advantage of their aggressiveness.

Now ST and defense, man...... ST is still a disaster, Im always cringing whenever they are on the field. Defense, dont full yourselves, we aren't that good there. Our DEs are good but not as good as we had hoped, our DTs are serviceable at best, at best. LBs will work in the ACC and our secondary outside of Bandy scares me. This was more about Franks being terrible more than anything else. Also, what happened with our DL vs their **** OL? Once again this was supposed to be our strength and once again it felt like a push.

Lastly, Randy, Golden, it doesn't make a difference. Once again we aren't disciplined, we miss assignments, tackles, everything. Fingers crossed that we improve but I saw more of the same and we lost to the fvckin Gators who were ripe to be beaten. Fck moral victories and fvck Felipe Franks. We got beat by someone with a double digit IQ, fvck...

One thing I wouldn’t worry about at all is a OLineman “losing his confidence” from getting pulled.

That’s not a QB who needs to be confident and not have the yips to make pinpoint throws. We’re asking him to get out of his stance before the DE is already past him and to block someone. We aren’t looking for him to make a clutch kick with no time left on the clock or to lead a drive with a minute left.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Are you seriously comparing JW to Kyle Wright and Stephen Morris? After watching that game you are telling us you are not sure that Williams is any better than those 2? Playing in his 1st start against a top 10 team away from home behind the worst OL in school history I think Jarren Williams showed a ton of poise. The kid has serious talent. Get him behind a decent OL with a little more experience and he will be torching the ACC.
No he want I think Perry is better

The difference between jarren is he literally made 0 mistakes. He’s the truth back there. He had literally no time at all and still made no mistakes throwing into coverage.
He made several mistakes. He HAS to learn to throw the ball away. Those were really the only mistakes he made, and they weren't entirely his fault.

Still, I loved his effort, and really solid play. I'm still mad as **** at Enos for not using the TEs to help block the DEs. It was the ONLY way to give Williams time to look downfield. They don't have to hold the blocks, for crying out loud, just chip those guys to slow down their first step. It's not freaking rocket science. Enos looked like a stubborn, arrogant fool.

IMO, we didn't deserve the win. Not saying that the Gators did either, but we sure as **** didn't.

We had every opportunity to win this and somehow found a way to not. Ignore everything up until the last 5 mins. That insane call from Mullen to have Franks throw it right to us with 4:00 mins left on our half of the field when they could have run the clock out instead was a gift. We thank the heavens for that gift by getting the ridiculous Unsportsmanlike. Then we screwed up the first set of downs but somehow get a PI on 4th and ******* 34. We get another 4 downs and DO NOTHING.

If before the game, you told me that near the end of the 4th quarter, we'd be down by 4 and had at least 12 tries (don't forget that we turned it before on downs right before the interception) to move the ball 30 something yards, I'd say we should win that.

I mean Felik Frosier gave us the ball twice with those fumbles and we won the TO battle by picking up every fumble we had, we stopped the run, only let a couple of big plays hit us. Gators had several egregious penalties that extended our drives when they had us on 3rd. Imagine if LSU had made all of these mistakes last year.

But then we have crap like that inexcusable muffed punt on the 10, getting to the redzone twice and leaving with no points due to a missed chip shot and failed 4th down conversion, 10 SACKS given up, 2 dropped TDs, holding penalties on 60 yard runs. I mean Jesus Christ. This was almost beyond Folden levels of lacking discipline with how many penalties we had.

The gators tried to gave us this game and we refused it like some spoiled kid.

Man, that summary drives it home. Diaz did an epically bad job of preparing the players and it was a horrendous coaching debut.

When Miami had a team that looked almost as unprepared last year, some started speculating whether Mark Richt was hiding that had a degenerative brain disease. This 2019 team looked worse than that one.

Advertisement
Back