What hurts the most

Wasn’t Tate in slot? Those were Harley’s snaps weren’t they? A Junior who’s played in lots of games for us.

i saw Harley and Tate on the field together but Tate did take some snaps away from Harley, who was pretty nonexistent, but we could’ve also put Osborn or JT4 in the slot with Hightower outside. Or added another TE to help with the pass rush

Advertisement
The difference between jarren is he literally made 0 mistakes. He’s the truth back there. He had literally no time at all and still made no mistakes throwing into coverage.

Actually, whether you call it a "mistake" or not...he held on to the ball WAAAY too long when the OL finally would block for him.

I hate give the Turds any credit, at all, but the truth is, when he had a comfortable amount of time in the pocket off PA or from shotgun, the receivers must have been blanketed...he would survey and survey and find nothing...then most of the time take an unnecessary sack.

He will need to understand that his OL is just not good enough and he needs to be willing to run decisively and quickly when it presents. Our OL provided the world a recipe for getting our offense off the field. Many lines won't be that good at all, but they will still try to bring the house and test is.

UM

i saw Harley and Tate on the field together but Tate did take some snaps away from Harley, who was pretty nonexistent, but we could’ve also put Osborn or JT4 in the slot with Hightower outside. Or added another TE to help with the pass rush

I have to rewatch the entire game, but the second half parts that I rewatched had Martell in when Thomas was out every single time sans the wildcat plays. If Pope was truly injured, then I fully expect him to play a lot when he's healthy because JT was out of the game a good amount. Now Tate being third on the depth chart is another topic in and of itself.

Advertisement
What hurts most is that we kinda need to be UF fans now. If they get thrashed in SEC play then this loss looks much worse than it was. And they really might get thrashed.

The other thing is just, we didn't deserve to win yesterday. UF didn't either. But the game was right.....there for the taking.

The difference between jarren is he literally made 0 mistakes. He’s the truth back there. He had literally no time at all and still made no mistakes throwing into coverage.

Jarren looked great but don’t think he was mistake free.He took 3-4 of those 9 sacks standing back there 5-6 seconds holding he ball instead of finding his checkdown of throwing the ball away.
Our Oline was trash but not all those sacks were on them..JS

Despite everything that went wrong, we had 2 dropped TD catches that if 1 is made, we win. Our 2 best offensive players in JT and Jordan had the ball hit their hands and they didn’t make the play.

That’s what stands out the most to me because I knew the OL would struggle and I knew JW would struggle. The D kept us in the game and our top guys couldn’t make the play when it counted the most.
Those passes were well defended and very difficult. They weren't flat out drops. I think the pass to Jordan was deflected or at the defender had his hand in position to challenge the catch. You can't expect a miraculous catch every time a player gets a hand on it.

Advertisement
I have to rewatch the entire game, but the second half parts that I rewatched had Martell in when Thomas was out every single time sans the wildcat plays. If Pope was truly injured, then I fully expect him to play a lot when he's healthy because JT was out of the game a good amount. Now Tate being third on the depth chart is another topic in and of itself.

Same need to rewatch...Don’t know if pope has separated himself at practice. Would’ve liked to see Hightower and Irvin more. We tried to get cute on national tv and show Tate as a redemption story bs instead of playing guys who’ve been wrs for 10+ years. Incredible

What hurts most is that we kinda need to be UF fans now. If they get thrashed in SEC play then this loss looks much worse than it was. And they really might get thrashed.

The other thing is just, we didn't deserve to win yesterday. UF didn't either. But the game was right.....there for the taking.

We win ten games and the Coastal and this loss won’t matter other than we lost to the turds...

Let’s be real. Your qb is real bad and his hypesman campaign (“and putting up 50 on every opponent”) is a friggin joke. Your front 7 though is solid.

The difference was our oline could not sustain their blocks even with minimal pressure so you guys could sit back in coverage without over committing to the rush.

Even so we still had a chance despite our horrendous oline play, multiple procedure penalties, and muffs.

You guys will not being going anywhere w/ Franks. Mullins is a decent coach though so might be able to scheme around him like he’s done in the past. But I don’t expect you guys to stay anywhere the top 10 by season’s end.

I agree i can't wait for feleipe to move on. He said after the game he was trying to throw that INT away, I hope its true but man it didnt look like it. We turned it over 4 times, thats why you had a chance, I really dont think we can do that again unless we tried.

We win ten games and the Coastal and this loss won’t matter other than we lost to the turds...
Yea you're probably right. Im just thinking of some weird scenario where that loss makes the difference between us and the playoff which is a longshot (that it'd come down to needing a "good loss"). Probably benefits us more in recruiting for them to be trash

Advertisement
Jarren looked great but don’t think he was mistake free.He took 3-4 of those 9 sacks standing back there 5-6 seconds holding he ball instead of finding his checkdown of throwing the ball away.
Our Oline was trash but not all those sacks were on them..JS

And he said that himself in his post game comments. He owned that fact. I expect we will see different going forward.

Advertisement
Martell had 15 snaps..and not all at wr.

I think someone said we only had 66 plays. Even with Tate playing some at wildcat, I think the point was if a guy that lost the QB competition and only started playing WR two weeks ago is getting PT then something ain't right.

No we don't. A close L in the first game of the season with a new HC, OC and frosh at QB and tackles will not look bad for a team ranked preseason T10.

Advertisement
Back