What hurts the most

Advertisement
I agree i can't wait for feleipe to move on. He said after the game he was trying to throw that INT away, I hope its true but man it didnt look like it. We turned it over 4 times, thats why you had a chance, I really dont think we can do that again unless we tried.

Maybe not. But saying we played well is just attempting to minimize your own team's issues. Both teams have issues and was a sloppy game overall by both teams.

What hurts the most is that UF isn’t very good. This was the perfect game to introduce the world to “The New Miami” and it didn’t happen.

- The story of the game is that our freshman tackles got dominated. The coaches gambled by not playing the Scaife at tackle and it backfired. Campbell and Nelson did not look ready physically or mentally against UF’s much older DEs. Do you go back to Scaife and risk killing your young players’ confidence? Barry may not have a choice.

- Jarren looked good under tough circumstances. I liked his poise. But we said similar things about Kyle Wright after FSU ‘05 and Stephen Morris after Maryland ‘11. The key will be his consistency in the ACC. He threw some dimes today.

- In the offseason, Manny talked a lot about special teams and tackling being the difference in opening games. The missed tackles on the Toney run were devastating and special teams had two critical errors. There were 114 yards in penalties, too. Not a great start for Manny but it’s a long season.

There are two weeks before the next game. North Carolina is garbage but they have a new staff and should be fired up to play at home. That game will be telling as to whether anything has changed or it is the same old story.

Their confidence? You’re really worried about their confidence? That’s pee wee bs. If they feel bad for themselves for getting benched after giving up 10 sacks, they don’t have the mentality to succeed anyway. Should have moved Scaife there at halftime, and we might have had a chance

Advertisement
It's 1 game relax. If we are 8-4 or worse at the end of the season talk your **** but as of right now you're tripping. It sucks to lose but within all of the bad plays that happened we did a lot good things as well.

As far as recruiting do you really think from the offseason up until now would magically make us a top 5 recruiting team? We have to build up towards that and with a good season we can start that process. Just about every recruit(except the commits)at the game thought UF was going to blow the doors off us.

Go have a drink or have whatever your vice is, get some sleep and remember the positives from the game.

Do you remember LSU, do you remember Wisconsin? This wasn't that. But like I said if it continues and you decide to point out every way we suck then go ahead, I might even agree with you by then but it's game 1. We knew actually who they were and we made plenty of mistakes. We also let them off the hook. UF was lucky to win. Just think about that.

We would have been lucky to win too...uf tried to throw that game away and we wouldn’t let them. Their mistakes were just as bad as ours

So much sh*t went against us once again.
F6F540E4-B86E-4736-AD2E-0848514954A3.jpeg

That’s not **** holding on Thomas. He was driving him back. On Jordan penalty on this play he went low but it wasn’t no **** holding

Advertisement
Florida is a lot better than it showed. Anyone who overreacts to how they looked is a fool. The aspect that indeed stings the most is that the Gators played an undisciplined mistake-prone game yet we still didn't take advantage. Playing them every year you could rationalize it. But when this game will linger for years as the most recent outcome then it qualifies as devastating.

In following this program since the late '60s I have never seen a group of tackles waltzed out there who were so clearly overmatched. I was beyond stunned in pregame when the cameras spotlighted #60. I didn't need to see one play. His upper body didn't coordinate with his lower body at all. That was glaring while he's jogging in drills. How can he possibly be the starter? He's going to be obliterated, on merit alone. Keep in mind I paid no attention to spring drills or fall camp. That #60 must have been like a family member who is juiced in and can do no wrong. Allow 20 sacks on 20 consecutive plays and you're still in the lineup. I refuse to believe any version other than blind favoritism. He can't actually be superior to any other option we have.

Florida is a lot better than it showed. Anyone who overreacts to how they looked is a fool. The aspect that indeed stings the most is that the Gators played an undisciplined mistake-prone game yet we still didn't take advantage. Playing them every year you could rationalize it. But when this game will linger for years as the most recent outcome then it qualifies as devastating.

In following this program since the late '60s I have never seen a group of tackles waltzed out there who were so clearly overmatched. I was beyond stunned in pregame when the cameras spotlighted #60. I didn't need to see one play. His upper body didn't coordinate with his lower body at all. That was glaring while he's jogging in drills. How can he possibly be the starter? He's going to be obliterated, on merit alone. Keep in mind I paid no attention to spring drills or fall camp. That #60 must have been like a family member who is juiced in and can do no wrong. Allow 20 sacks on 20 consecutive plays and you're still in the lineup. I refuse to believe any version other than blind favoritism. He can't actually be superior to any other option we have.
Miami is a lot better than it showed because we also made a lot(more) mistakes than uf and still had a chance to go up by 10 with 10 minutes left in the 4th

sacks are cut in half if jarren just throws the ball away
Or they sped up the game in the gun and planned for quick slants ect. They also didn't improvise with the Freshmen linemen he should have been taken out. No improvise on the rush either.

Advertisement
Uf is terrible both teams showed how far they are from top tier that clemson bama level of football is just on another planet us and fla arent even in the same stratosphere, the only positive imo is we didnt win the game nothing worse than smoke and mirrors that will set a program back even more imo we had some of that with the past regimes
It’s a positive we didn’t win the game?

Delete your account.

I agree with everything you said...except, I fear the bolded isn't true. He's probably the best option, in the best combination of OL we have, unfortunately. Might just be that bad.

Advertisement
Agree with you D. I'm cautiously optimistic that we still have a very good season.
Giving Manuel a slight pass on game day management being his 1st as HC.
Week 0 game. New HC. Freshmen QB and on OL. Still believe Manny gets the ship righted.

We would have been lucky to win too...uf tried to throw that game away and we wouldn’t let them. Their mistakes were just as bad as ours

Not even close .

Cam's long run being called back, JT/Brevin dropping TDs, Baxa's FG miss, 14 penalties, etc.

UF had their turnovers, but didn't make many mistakes and executed better otherwise. We really should have won, it's unlucky that we didnt

Advertisement
Back