What Does Manny have to do, to save his job??

Advertisement
Manny will be fired before the FSU game. Final record: 3-9 or 4-8.

vs UVa - L
@ UNC - L
vs NcSt - L
@ Pitt - L
vs GT - L
@ FSU - W
vs VT - L
@ Duke - W ( toss up)
Before this weekend I would have agreed with this but UVa and UNC don't look all that great lately. I'm just talking about the next two games. I agree with the rest of your list except we may win the first two.

Advertisement
What a day for Manny yesterday. All the heat that was bubbling up in the morning is gone. He plays the freshmen who should have been playing all along and they look better than his guys who he’s been developing for 4 years. Then the ACC shlts all over itself the rest of the day. This dude will be here forever.

Advertisement
Well
Manny got his head beaten in by a 5 loss Mack team.... why will it be any different this year?
...because this is a wildly different year so far. The only undefeated teams right now in the ACC are Wake F'in Forrest and Boston College. Perennial powerhouse Clemson are stacking up injuries and have two losses and UNC and UVa have a downward trajectory as well. Both teams are .500 with a combined 1-5 conference record and the games they are losing in they are getting straight up demolished. I get that Manny is Mack's *****; however, Mack's UNC team looks tepid and unimpressive. UNC week 1 was an omen or maybe we just made them look that much better in last years game. At present, the conference is flipped upside down. Teams that normally dominate aren't. Look at all those programs that are 3-1 right now. Syracuse? Virginia Tech was supposed to be a down year and there they sit at the top of the Coastal. It's madness so yeah, that is why I think Miami will be favored in UVa--especially if Manny gets his head out of his *** and plays these froshman. Probably a slight underdog to UNC for the home field +3 advantage but winnable.

The ACC isn't the only place where the year has gone sideways quick. There is a lot of parity right now in college football. Lots of teams with loss at week 4 and the ones that are undefeated are about to get their first soon enough. Ole Miss is losing next weeks bout against Bama; Notre Dame is going to stick it to Cincy. That UGA @ Ark game just got a whole helluva lot more interesting.

I think the Canes can win the next two. UVa and UNC don't got it this year.

1632659629316.png

I would have sheet canned him last week. But, he’ll stick ariund like the herpes virus, and point out how all the teams are getting upset this year; and do his political bs like pulling out charts to show how we improved and need more talent blah blah.

Advertisement
Maybe start acting like this the next time a player commits a bonehead penalty. Holding players accountable would be nice.

This is gold!

He personally walked onto the field and yanked him out while we would have cuddled and sent him right back with a “don’t worry, you’ll do great next time” pat in the back like that woke announcer would has us do. Our biggest problem is Culture

Manny is not running the table from here on out because he doesn’t think that there are any problem with his defense. We had the same exact issues yesterday. They just didn’t matter with an inferior opponent.

Has to win the ACC, winning the Coastal and getting blown out by Clemson or whomever is not gonna do it for me.

Well

...because this is a wildly different year so far. The only undefeated teams right now in the ACC are Wake F'in Forrest and Boston College. Perennial powerhouse Clemson are stacking up injuries and have two losses and UNC and UVa have a downward trajectory as well. Both teams are .500 with a combined 1-5 conference record and the games they are losing in they are getting straight up demolished. I get that Manny is Mack's *****; however, Mack's UNC team looks tepid and unimpressive. UNC week 1 was an omen or maybe we just made them look that much better in last years game. At present, the conference is flipped upside down. Teams that normally dominate aren't. Look at all those programs that are 3-1 right now. Syracuse? Virginia Tech was supposed to be a down year and there they sit at the top of the Coastal. It's madness so yeah, that is why I think Miami will be favored in UVa--especially if Manny gets his head out of his *** and plays these froshman. Probably a slight underdog to UNC for the home field +3 advantage but winnable.

The ACC isn't the only place where the year has gone sideways quick. There is a lot of parity right now in college football. Lots of teams with loss at week 4 and the ones that are undefeated are about to get their first soon enough. Ole Miss is losing next weeks bout against Bama; Notre Dame is going to stick it to Cincy. That UGA @ Ark game just got a whole helluva lot more interesting.

I think the Canes can win the next two. UVa and UNC don't got it this year.

View attachment 155922
But Miami does?

Advertisement
What’s funny is that like clockwork I knew these type of threads would pop up after this game. Lol.

We were supposed to be no less than 3-1 entering ACC play, but we’re 2-2. Smoking a hapless FCS school means chit, we’re absolutely notorious for smoking hapless FCS & playing Frosh who do well. I knew some hope would be restored.
This team will finish with 6 or 7 wins and 6 or 7 losses. I don't know why these people keep doing it to themselves.

This is gold!

He personally walked onto the field and yanked him out while we would have cuddled and sent him right back with a “don’t worry, you’ll do great next time” pat in the back like that woke announcer would has us do. Our biggest problem is Culture

Manny is not running the table from here on out because he doesn’t think that there are any problem with his defense. We had the same exact issues yesterday. They just didn’t matter with an inferior opponent.
Totally agree, there needs to be a healthy dose of fear of ****ing off the HC.

But Miami does?
Never said Miami "has it" but UVa--and moreso UNC--certainly don't either and both have been given this unearned nod as divisional contenders. ACC network pre-season was just singing Mack Browns praises, even picking UNC as favorites to see Clemson in the ACCCG, and I don't recall anyone picking Miami to win against UNC this year. The slobbering over the Tarheels was so bad I had to turn it off. Yet four weeks in what has UNC done? **** the bed against supposedly inferior opponents? At least the teams that beat us should be considered top 10, they are sitting on a 4-0 undefeated record after all.

I am saying they were hyped-up preseason for no good reason other than last years results. I am saying they **** the bed against opponents they were supposedly pegged to beat. I am saying UNC and UVa are are a favorable matchup for Miami and both games are definitely winnable--especially if we play the young guns and sit the bums. I reject the premise that UNC and UVa are too good and that we are going to find ourselves out of their league.

The rest of the schedule is suspect. I need to see a few more games from our opponents but besides FSU, we may not win another game after UNC; which puts us at 5-7ish--still a fireable outcome to this season.

Never said Miami "has it" but UVa--and moreso UNC--certainly don't either and both have been given this unearned nod as divisional contenders. ACC network pre-season was just singing Mack Browns praises, even picking UNC as favorites to see Clemson in the ACCCG, and I don't recall anyone picking Miami to win against UNC this year. The slobbering over the Tarheels was so bad I had to turn it off. Yet four weeks in what has UNC done? **** the bed against supposedly inferior opponents? At least the teams that beat us should be considered top 10, they are sitting on a 4-0 undefeated record after all.

I am saying they were hyped-up preseason for no good reason other than last years results. I am saying they **** the bed against opponents they were supposedly pegged to beat. I am saying UNC and UVa are are a favorable matchup for Miami and both games are definitely winnable--especially if we play the young guns and sit the bums. I reject the premise that UNC and UVa are too good and that we are going to find ourselves out of their league.

The rest of the schedule is suspect. I need to see a few more games from our opponents but besides FSU, we may not win another game after UNC; which puts us at 5-7ish--still a fireable outcome to this season.
The narrative of playing young guns to save a season is amusing to me. That’s not how things work in College Football. I’m not saying not to play them but to depend on them is laughable. As usual, time will expose us, again. I just hope it’s enough to make the necessary changes that need to be done.

Advertisement
Back