What Does Manny have to do, to save his job??

Advertisement
Be HUMBLE telling management,I’m giving up my position to go back to DC so we can win ACC.

My current Mgr is waste , but OOOOH does he LOVE ❤️ his business cards and email title other than that can barely do vacation requests.

If he loves the company so much he should go back to sakes and give up the position to another qualified person, but PRIDE will never allow it so we suffer and so does the U

Like most of you, I've seen more than enough from Manny to conclude with certainty that he should move on. Love his enthusiasm and passion for the program, and his intentions are good. His heart is in the right place, but he is in wayyyyy over his head. He's not a P5 head coach.

Even if he ran the tables at this point, in my mind it would only delay the inevitable. He needs to move on and we need a new AD and HC who knows how to run a winning P5 college football program - immediately.

Hmmmmm....Since I still have an open mind....If it's up to me it's really simple

So you really want to keep this job eh Manny?

Well....1st Manny have 8 shots of Bacardi 151,

THEN....WITHOUT EVER STOPPING....RUN AT FULL SPEED,, TWICE across I-95 @ 11PM on a Friday night wearing an ALL BLACK OUTFIT.

That gives him more of a chance of success than he's given our team

Last edited:
Like most of you, I've seen more than enough from Manny to conclude with certainty that he should move on. Love his enthusiasm and passion for the program, and his intentions are good. His heart is in the right place, but he is in wayyyyy over his head. He's not a P5 head coach.

Even if he ran the tables at this point, in my mind it would only delay the inevitable. He needs to move on and we need a new AD and HC who knows how to run a winning P5 college football program - immediately.
Look, I really really doubt he's going to run the table. That's not going to happen. But if it did, then obviously he's not who you think he is. that would be incredible improvement in year three, It would jumpstart recruiting and he would surely get a lucrative extension. That's a pretty dumb comment.

Advertisement
Look, I really really doubt he's going to run the table. That's not going to happen. But if it did, then obviously he's not who you think he is. that would be incredible improvement in year three, It would jumpstart recruiting and he would surely get a lucrative extension. That's a pretty dumb comment.
Manny, hate to hurt your feelings but you just boldly contradicted your own argument. Try again.

Manny, hate to hurt your feelings but you just boldly contradicted your own argument. Try again.
You said: "Even if he ran the tables at this point, in my mind it would only delay the inevitable. He needs to move on and we need a new AD and HC who knows how to run a winning P5 college football program - immediately."

So you honestly believe that if Miami ended the season on a 10 game winning streak, a top 10 ranking and an ACC championship for the first time ever, that you wouldn't feel differently in the narrative wouldn't change? That's absurd. Those are your words not mine.

Getting to Charlotte is probably very possible without winning out.

I think Miami needs to win the Coastal and not embarrass themselves in the ACC championship game and hopefully win or be competitive in a decent bowl game. You do that, recruiting is back on track and the psychos here will back off a little bit. That would give Manny a chance to hit the portal, and it would probably mean one of the young quarterbacks is the real deal.

I literally have no idea what to expect. I can make an argument that Miami has had a tough schedule and their star 6-year quarterback has played hurt and been surprisingly and sadly very ineffective. I can also make an argument that the team has not looked ready and the competition coming up is pretty similar to Michigan State and Appalachian State in talent and quality.

But I'm a fan. I want the team to do well. I do think Manny has the personality to do well, and I wish the fans would get off his back a little bit to give him some breathing room. But that's not the culture at Miami so it is what it is. Either way, we will know a lot more after the next 2 weeks.
So if he loses three conference games and manages to win the division, you would be ok keeping him even though we went 7-5, just because we are in arguably the worst division in college football?

You said: "Even if he ran the tables at this point, in my mind it would only delay the inevitable. He needs to move on and we need a new AD and HC who knows how to run a winning P5 college football program - immediately."

So you honestly believe that if Miami ended the season on a 10 game winning streak, a top 10 ranking and an ACC championship for the first time ever, that you wouldn't feel differently in the narrative wouldn't change? That's absurd. Those are your words not mine.
Let me say it this way: If he somehow miraculously ran the tables, it would be due to sheer luck and other unforeseen circumstances, but it would not be because he is a good HC. We've seen over the years numerous HCs put together a nice string of wins; the ball just happens to bounce in their favor.

Does not mean they are a good coach. Manny is not a good coach. You have a soft spot for him obviously and I can respect that. I like the guy, but don't let feelings get in the way of making a smart decision. Manny is not a good coach.

His teams commit way too many penalties. He does not develop his players. His overrated defense is undisciplined and severely exploitable. He can't inspire his teams to win consistently. He gives preferential treatment to his upperclassmen favorites too often. His teams show up unprepared. He couldn't hold the locker room together in 2019. He lost to FIU. I'll stop there.

I literally do not care what argument you have to make otherwise. My mind is made up, and I've seen enough to know that Manny is a good guy but not the HC this program needs.

Advertisement
What the poster was suggesting--and I agree with--is that if hypothetically we finished the season winning every remaining game and ended at 10-2, Manny will be here next year. Now, I don't believe there is any poster here that realistically thinks that's going to happen but the premise of this thread is discussing how Manny could save it (not will he).

What the poster was suggesting--and I agree with--is that if hypothetically we finished the season winning every remaining game and ended at 10-2, Manny will be here next year. Now, I don't believe there is any poster here that realistically thinks that's going to happen but the premise of this thread is discussing how Manny could save it (not will he).
Ok. I get the hypotheticals. Hard to play the game of hypotheticals with a coach you know is severely limited, though. It's like the Noles asking, 'If Norvell can run the tables, can he save his job?' We'd all laugh hysterically.

So I don't think there should be anything Manny could do to save his job at this point. All the data is there. He's just not a good HC.

So if he loses three conference games and manages to win the division, you would be ok keeping him even though we went 7-5, just because we are in arguably the worst division in college football?
probably would depend on how recruiting was going, and why the games were lost. Young QB growing pains or more ****** preparation?

But thats just my view. I favor stability. I would think the board and boosters would see enough. But 8 wins probably keeps him around ...

Advertisement
Let me say it this way: If he somehow miraculously ran the tables, it would be due to sheer luck and other unforeseen circumstances, but it would not be because he is a good HC. We've seen over the years numerous HCs put together a nice string of wins; the ball just happens to bounce in their favor.

Does not mean they are a good coach. Manny is not a good coach. You have a soft spot for him obviously and I can respect that. I like the guy, but don't let feelings get in the way of making a smart decision. Manny is not a good coach.

His teams commit way too many penalties. He does not develop his players. His overrated defense is undisciplined and severely exploitable. He can't inspire his teams to win consistently. He gives preferential treatment to his upperclassmen favorites too often. His teams show up unprepared. He couldn't hold the locker room together in 2019. He lost to FIU. I'll stop there.

I literally do not care what argument you have to make otherwise. My mind is made up, and I've seen enough to know that Manny is a good guy but not the HC this program needs.
Yeah that's just dumb. First of all, it's not going to happen. But if it did happen, it would be awesome and it would be the Kickstart this program needs to get back to awesomeness. Sometimes all you need is a little luck. And if it did happen, it would prove everyone wrong because you are your record. At the same token, if they limp to the finish line going 4-4 in conference, Well you are what your record shows. You can't use freshman quarterbacks as an excuse. These are highly recruited four stars. That would be enough for me. Not that you care. But if it's somewhere in between those two extremes, then that's going to be interesting. That would depend on recruiting and improvement over the year.

Manny Navarro had Roddy Jones on his podcast today and he says Mandy needs at least two (!!!) more years after this year to properly judge him lmao. Pretty sure he is announcing the game so should be a terrible listen.

Manny Navarro had Roddy Jones on his podcast today and he says Mandy needs at least two (!!!) more years after this year to properly judge him lmao. Pretty sure he is announcing the game so should be a terrible listen.
I was thinking 3-4 more years to fully see how crappy of a coach he really is. We’re only scratching the surface.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I was thinking more 3-4 years to fully see how crappy of a coach he really is. We’re only scratching the surface.
He is now saying if they finish 8-4 that’s a pretty good finish and should really help recruiting if the fans do not hinder it. This is the dumbest interview of all time. And Manny Navarro is the softest beat reporter in the country.

He is now saying if they finish 8-4 that’s a pretty good finish and should really help recruiting if the fans do not hinder it. This is the dumbest interview of all time. And Manny Navarro is the softest beat reporter in the country.
With all the injuries it’s a miracle we’ve looked this good. I don’t get how folks say we aren’t a well coached team , I mean other than 20 missed tackles per game.

With all the injuries it’s a miracle we’ve looked this good. I don’t get how folks say we aren’t a well coached team , I mean other than 20 missed tackles per game.
lol it's gonna be a minute to get used to this. I started to reach for the disagree button and then looked left..now I know you're just kidding.

“Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?”

Advertisement
Back