What Does Manny have to do, to save his job??

The narrative of playing young guns to save a season is amusing to me. That’s not how things work in College Football. I’m not saying not to play them but to depend on them is laughable. As usual, time will expose us, again. I just hope it’s enough to make the necessary changes that need to be done.
Playing the younger guys is a part of it. Take away the CCSU element to it and strip it down just to the individual effort. What I saw yesterday were athletes with more guts, more laying it all out there on the field, in one game by a bunch of underclassmen than I have seen over the last three by our veterans. If our experienced players weren't coasting for four quarters, we might have had closer games in those losses.

Like I said, it's a part of it. Mack Jones has a quarterback in a slump, a porous offensive line that offered no protection and a defense that didn't even get off the bus. GTech was getting to that quarterback often and their corners had the passing game on lock down mode. Not impressed with them at all and UVa is a lesser opponent than them.

We'll see. They have to play the game in the end so we'll find out what team we both have. I like our young guys though. Need to put LT in during garbage time to get reps. He's a beast but he needs to work on form. If they can play like that all the time then there is no reason to be putting in veterans. The best man for that position needs to be on the field. Period. If that means a freshman is taking snaps over a senior, oh-******'-well. That senior having menstrual cramps over losing their spot on the depth chart needs to work harder.

Advertisement
Nothing at all! He will “NEVER GET MIAMI TO THE PINNACLE”!! He’s not a good coach at all.
Plus, when we do get a real coach, he won’t have the support of the higher ups, because they’re too incompetent to run a football program.
The university of Miami as of right now is a cesspool!!

Im not so sure. I can see a scenario where the Canes go 7-5 and win the CoaRstal division.

That would make us 7-6 going into bowl season with the usual bowl loss to finish at 7-7. That should easily get him fired.
Will manny play the youngins?
If so, how will they perform against P5 conference opponents?
Lots of unanswered questions, which makes FB fun to watch again.
Starting with UVA,..

Maybe start acting like this the next time a player commits a bonehead penalty. Holding players accountable would be nice.

Again I ask; Is there a bigger bittch in sports media than Rod gilmore? Seriously. The amount of ***** that man consumes prior to each broadcast is off the charts. Biggest pussyassbitch in sports media, BY FAR.

Advertisement
Pray Texas Rangers GIF by MLB

C’mon UVA, UNC, VT, Pitt & anyone else except for FSPOO!!

League Sacrifice GIF
Top Hat Falling GIF by Mr. Peanut

Will sacrifice thy season but the elimination of this cycle of insanity to get our Mario in here. Stay on course. Do not deviate for another season or 2 of this insanity with Manny & Blake.

Will manny play the youngins?
If so, how will they perform against P5 conference opponents?
Lots of unanswered questions, which makes FB fun to watch again.
Starting with UVA,..

OFFENSE:
I think Manny got lucky with King's injury (for multiple reasons):
a) Im of the opinion that both Freshman QB's are a better option than King. (better passers)
b) Our strength on offense is that we have a lot of weapons at WR. TVD & Jake will be able to take better advantage.
c) Teams will not have any film on what our offense will look like with TVD/Garcia at the helm. (assumes that Lashlee will rework the scheme for these QB's)
d) If Manny doesn't play the freshman WR's over the vets then he's even more incompetent than we think. (Harley aside)

DEFENSE:

Im interested in seeing what Manny does with the younger players here. If he continues to run McCloud and the cement-footed linebackers out there then his fate will be easy to see by the time the UNC game is over.

UVA's offense is nothing special. We should be able to outscore them at home. UNC is very beatable but they'll put up some points. We should know by the end of that game.

OFFENSE:
I think Manny got lucky with King's injury (for multiple reasons):
a) Im of the opinion that both Freshman QB's are a better option than King. (better passers)
b) Our strength on offense is that we have a lot of weapons at WR. TVD & Jake will be able to take better advantage.
c) Teams will not have any film on what our offense will look like with TVD/Garcia at the helm. (assumes that Lashlee will rework the scheme for these QB's)
d) If Manny doesn't play the freshman WR's over the vets then he's even more incompetent than we think. (Harley aside)

DEFENSE:
Im interested in seeing what Manny does with the younger players here. If he continues to run McCloud and the cement-footed linebackers out there then his fate will be easy to see by the time the UNC game is over.

UVA's offense is nothing special. We should be able to outscore them at home. UNC is very beatable but they'll put up some points. We should know by the end of that game.
Well thought out..

Advertisement
Before this weekend I would have agreed with this but UVa and UNC don't look all that great lately. I'm just talking about the next two games. I agree with the rest of your list except we may win the first two.

I agree UVA and UNC aren’t good teams but I still got us losing both although UVa is the one out of the two teams we can beat.

Change his defensive scheme and pray that it works. If that doesn’t happen, we will lose at least more games and he will be fired.

Advertisement
Change his defensive scheme and pray that it works. If that doesn’t happen, we will lose at least more games and he will be fired.

I would make the assumption that the scheme and defensive metrics will stay the same. The wild card is the offense. Can we score points?

I said it in another thread and I'll say it again: a leaky defense looks much, much worse when the offense keeps giving the ball back to the opponent inside the Miami 25. In the Michigan St game, they scored 21 points on 3 possessions where they got the ball at the Miami 23 or closer. MSU had drives of 80 yards or more only two times the entire game. When Sparty was forced to go down the entire field, the D generally held.

Its a terribly flawed defensive system but IMO the offense should shoulder more of the blame.

I would make the assumption that the scheme and defensive metrics will stay the same. The wild card is the offense. Can we score points?

I said it in another thread and I'll say it again: a leaky defense looks much, much worse when the offense keeps giving the ball back to the opponent inside the Miami 25. In the Michigan St game, they scored 21 points on 3 possessions where they got the ball at the Miami 23 or closer. MSU had drives of 80 yards or more only two times the entire game. When Sparty was forced to go down the entire field, the D generally held.

Its a terribly flawed defensive system but IMO the offense should shoulder more of the blame.
The offense should shoulder some blame but the question is what does Manny have to do to keep his job. We are going into ACC play where Coaches know the in and out of this leaky defense. We will have to score 35-40 points to win games. I don’t see that happening. Even a simple Randy Shannon defense would do better.

I watch the games yesterday and CCT could have had 21 to 28 points.

Manny want to save his job. Change the defense scheme( which he can’t) or Mack Brown will be involved with him getting fired for the second time

All great points. At this stage the only things saving this season (not Mandy) is if we change up defensively and play the young players. It’s really the only thing that could help. They played harder and fought better than all of the so called veterans. Offensively, we will need to score, and frequently, to keep this shell of a team together and stay in games. If Mandy doesn’t do that, the 300+yds his leaky defense will give up yet again to UNC will sign his death warrant. The only decision will be who gets the interim gig for the final 3-4 games? Mario will not wish to talk about anything to do with Miami during the remainder of the season, especially when or if he still has Oregon in the CFP discussion.

Advertisement
The offense should shoulder some blame but the question is what does Manny have to do to keep his job. We are going into ACC play where Coaches know the in and out of this leaky defense. We will have to score 35-40 points to win games. I don’t see that happening. Even a simple Randy Shannon defense would do better.

I watch the games yesterday and CCT could have had 21 to 28 points.

Manny want to save his job. Change the defense scheme( which he can’t) or Mack Brown will be involved with him getting fired for the second time

Sure, and if CCT had scored 28, we still win 69-28. Doesn't really matter how leaky the D is if the offense is scoring points.

UNC drives home the point well. UNC had a high scoring O all season. Top 10 I believe. So any coach with a brain has to make two assumptions. 1. UNC is going to score a lot. Defense has to try to limit damage 2. Miami will need TDs to keep pace

So lets look at our possessions in order in the first half

FG
Punt
Turnover (Downs)
Punt
Punt
Punt
TD

I expected before the game that even with a decent Miami defense in the first half, UNC would have 21 points at half time. They had 34. Yes, terrible, but not as terrible as only scoring a TD when UNC was already up 34-3. Whether the D was performing well or not, the offense was going to need to score. It fell flat, like it did in so many other games.

I know we are in a results based business here, but it is clear that the writing is on the wall in terms of Manny as a recruiter, developer, strategist and program builder etc.
But should we axe him regardless of the win/loss record at the end of the season. If we luck into an ACC championship game does that mean we ignore all his faults in these areas?
If he deserves to be fired now for what we know of him, there is no repairing that, surely?
What is the best result a team has had, but still fired their coach?

Advertisement
Back