What Does Manny have to do, to save his job??

Advertisement
Sure, and if CCT had scored 28, we still win 69-28. Doesn't really matter how leaky the D is if the offense is scoring points.

UNC drives home the point well. UNC had a high scoring O all season. Top 10 I believe. So any coach with a brain has to make two assumptions. 1. UNC is going to score a lot. Defense has to try to limit damage 2. Miami will need TDs to keep pace

So lets look at our possessions in order in the first half

FG
Punt
Turnover (Downs)
Punt
Punt
Punt
TD

I expected before the game that even with a decent Miami defense in the first half, UNC would have 21 points at half time. They had 34. Yes, terrible, but not as terrible as only scoring a TD when UNC was already up 34-3. Whether the D was performing well or not, the offense was going to need to score. It fell flat, like it did in so many other games.
The 2021 version of UNC is not the same as 2020 but until proven otherwise, I think they still win.

In Collins first year in 2019, GT went 3-9 with losses to The Citadel and Temple. One of those 3 wins was against Miami at Hard Rock. GT is much more improved this year.
Bad coaching directed at Miami, not GT.
3 years ago has little bearing on this season..

Advertisement
You’re right it doesn’t but my point is they can and have beaten us at home. With exception of Duke and FSPOO, I wouldn’t underestimate anyone left on our schedule
Miami is in no position to underestimate anyone. I agree,
People jumping on GT bandwagon due to UNC victory.
UNC had 3 turnovers, 70 yards in penalties, & didn't adjust to the running QB,
GT is a one dimensional running team,, should help our sputtering defence.
I do admit, GT has a stout Dline, there, to me is the matchup,, will our Oline do its job?..

Were 2-2 and begining ACC play.

If we finish 7-1 or better then its pretty much a lock to bring Manny back

If we finish 6-2 then it depends on how we looked in that period, if we played good assignment based football and cleaned up everything and have the young QBs playing good football then yeah, you bring Manny back.

If we finish 5-3 or worse then it's pretty much a done deal Manny is gone, going 7-5 in year 3 is inexcusable with this roster

What do you think??

Win 9 straight.

Advertisement
If Manny wins the CONFERENCE he buys himself a couple more years.

While I certainly do not think Manny will make us happy and win the Coastal, I suspect that is the current benchmark to be head coach again next year for most fans and the media.

However, I have heard from my sources that he could lose 5 games and still not get fired by this AD.........................

I dont share that opinion this season. We can go 5-3 in conference and conceivably win the division. Maybe even 4-4.
If 4-4 wins the division, it would be an 8-way tie, yes? Assuming no one cancels any conference games.

Hot take: having the DEs lined up wider might help alleviate the edge issues.

Advertisement
He’s a dead man walking. Only way he saves his job is winning Coastal and not getting embarrassed in ACC ship and bowl game. I’d be shocked if we win our division. Once we are eliminated from the coastal race he should be walking. The problem is it’s gonna be a race to the bottom so will probably go longer based on other ****** teams that can’t take advantage of the ****** division.

Advertisement
Wouldn't it be just our luck that the Coarstal is soooo ******* bad that a **** poor coarch can win it and get extended? The slurps should be really careful about painting themselves into the corner of 'all our goals are still in front of us' schtick. UNC has two losses already! Virginia has two losses already! VT is the only team with a winning ACC record!! We can still do this!!! Is winning a **** show something to be proud of? lol What happens when Manny doesn't win the **** show?

In my eyes Manny can't save his job. We are in the third year and it's still the same unprepared and unmotivated team with the same players making the same mistakes over and over with no repercussions. Same ****, different Saturday. imo What we saw Saturday was that the young kids can make plays. The theme for the rest of the year should be 'go sit the bench.' I'm tired of dudes making mistakes, killing drives, dropping passes, missing tackles, missing assignments, and staying on the field. There are jags out there we just don't need to see anymore. Mallory... drop an easy pass, whiff a block? Go sit the bench. Arroyo, you're up. Wiggins... just go sit the ******* bench. Harley, drop a pass? Go sit the bench. Make them re earn their reps. Let a three man rush get home while half the line just stands there with jazz hands? GO SIT THE ******* BENCH. What's worse? A freshman missing an assignment and giving up a first down or an upperclassman missing another tackle and giving up a first down? One has the potential to learn and get better, the other is just showing you who he is. You had your chance, go sit the bench.
Seeing who is playing Thursday night will tell us all we need to know.

This is the only thing
Getting to Charlotte is probably very possible without winning out.

I think Miami needs to win the Coastal and not embarrass themselves in the ACC championship game and hopefully win or be competitive in a decent bowl game. You do that, recruiting is back on track and the psychos here will back off a little bit. That would give Manny a chance to hit the portal, and it would probably mean one of the young quarterbacks is the real deal.

I literally have no idea what to expect. I can make an argument that Miami has had a tough schedule and their star 6-year quarterback has played hurt and been surprisingly and sadly very ineffective. I can also make an argument that the team has not looked ready and the competition coming up is pretty similar to Michigan State and Appalachian State in talent and quality.

But I'm a fan. I want the team to do well. I do think Manny has the personality to do well, and I wish the fans would get off his back a little bit to give him some breathing room. But that's not the culture at Miami so it is what it is. Either way, we will know a lot more after the next 2 weeks.

Advertisement
Back