What did Willis do wrong

Advertisement
Gerald Willis is going to be a on a roster if Olsen Pierre is. With that being said..

GMs, ON GOD, THIS GERALD WILLIS MAAFKA GONE MAKE YOU SECOND GUESS ASKING FORMER COACHES. GERALD BEATS HIS OWN DRUM. HE IS A LEADER OF LEADERS FOR ***** SAKE. DONT BE MISTAKEN BY THE EYE TEST. WORD TO MOUTH RECOMMENDATIONS CAN SHOVE IT ALWAYS AND FOREVR.

I need some jack and diet..
Olsen Pierre actually has been pretty **** solid in the league, outperformed Robert nkemdiche former first round pick when he was with the cardinals

Advertisement
Rosenhaus would get The Bagel I'm indulging in selected in the 1st round....
Eyebrow boy would let English Muffins jump over my Bagel....

@Canedog seems like all your faqquit *** does is run around disliking posts like the Hit and Run puzzy that you are...without, at the very least responding like a Man....Lets here your take on why Rosenhaus couldn't have gotten Willis drafted...when he's done it Multiple times in his History, with far more problematic players...

Didn’t the DL from Florida (Polite) have an awful showing at the combine? Bad testing numbers and terrible interviews. He still got drafted in the 3rd round.
And is now considered a steal according to some on ESPN and NFL network.
GW should of been a 5th round pick at the absolute worst. Matter of fact not long ago he was considered late 1st round to 2nd based on projection by Kiper and Mcshay on their mocks.

Advertisement
Downey: Yes, Captain, I was given an order by my squad leader, Lance Corporal Harold W. Dawson, United States Marine Corps, and I followed it.

He was supposed to protect people who couldn’t protect themselves. He was supposed to protect Willy Santiago.

That’s what Downey did wrong. Not follow Dawson’s code red order.

You don't need to wear a patch on your arm to have honor.

Anyone who thinks Rosenhaus wouldn't have gotten Willis drafted in the 1st 4 rounds are sadly mistaken...

I agree wholeheartedly regarding an agent, there is no question in my mind either that Rosenhaus, or a similar quality agent, gets him drafted.

I don't think it would be round 3 or 4th given he went entirely undrafted. Every NFL team scouted and passed, so getting them to commit to a valuable pick was going to be tough. But, I agree, he would have gotten a team to invest more in him than a $50,000 and an UDFA deal. He starts on the outside of the bubble from day 1. That was **** poor.

I agree wholeheartedly regarding an agent, there is no question in my mind either that Rosenhaus, or a similar quality agent, gets him drafted.

I don't think it would be round 3 or 4th given he went entirely undrafted. Every NFL team scouted and passed, so getting them to commit to a valuable pick was going to be tough. But, I agree, he would have gotten a team to invest more in him than a $50,000 and an UDFA deal. He starts on the outside of the bubble from day 1. That was **** poor.
Missing Interviews??....Maannn...Drew would've handled the entire debacle differently...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Missing Interviews??....Maannn...Drew would've handled the entire debacle differently...

I think where Drew and a few other top agents excel is in preparation and the resources they make available. Whether or not Drew would have taken Willis, I can't say, but a few former UM guys I know that have been represented by Drew and co. have said compared to most agents, his operation is so well-resourced and well-informed on the league's chatter about a player it's almost worth the shenanigans you deal with at time. Mind you this was from a player who parted ways with him, too.

I think where Drew and a few other top agents excel is in preparation and the resources they make available. Whether or not Drew would have taken Willis, I can't say, but a few former UM guys I know that have been represented by Drew and co. have said compared to most agents, his operation is so well-resourced and well-informed on the league's chatter about a player it's almost worth the shenanigans you deal with at time. Mind you this was from a player who parted ways with him, too.
I agree 100%

I don't think his agent had anything to do with it or failed to do anything that would have got him drafted.

It's the typical hyperbole playing out by the same posters. Willis is front and center for not getting drafted. He was the one responsible, nobody else. If he needed to rely on an agent to get him drafted then he wasn't much of a prospect to begin with. His talents surely weren't enough to overcome all the other BS he has laid down along the path of his college career. I get it, they want to take shots at his agent. But without knowing what the agent did, or didn't do, it's useless attempting to shovel blame away from Willis and onto the guy they love to hate. ****, his own coaches at UM, or even former ones, obviously didn't have good things to say behind closed doors. They have their own reps to protect. Looks like nobody was willing to vouch for the kid, or at least not enough coaches did to sway one team to draft him.

The fact that he wasn't drafted, in a huge position of need for teams within the NFL, shows you that whatever Willis has done to hurt himself over his college career far outweighed his perceived talents on the field. Not some agent who may, or may not have, helped lead his client during the time before the draft.

Last edited:
Not sure how much he would have helped. We don't know what his agent suggested. Doubt he suggested missing meetings. Don't know the decision of missing the bowl game, senior bowl, pro day, etc. We don't know if Drew might have seen it was too much work for too little reward and never would have taken him or would have possibly dropped him at some point. If I had to guess after the missed meeting he would have been dropped.

Advertisement
Back